"Item Bank" / Mail Order / Parcel Pickup Point

mj2002

I think this will either be the cool thing that everyone uses for about a week and then slowly fades into obscurity or the number 1 means of transportation of illegal/semi-illegal items which is kind of non-rp to begin with (UPS doesn't ship 99% illegal goods that's for sure).

I don't believe that there is enough demand for niche items from shops that open rarely (like jewelry stores) and to be honest the only items that everyone wants always are illegal items (narcotics, weapons, bugs etc) and lockpicks/knives from pawnshops (everything else you can literally buy straight off the script).

Creating a system that will allow the latter to be ordered from pawnshops to their homes will further decrease the already minuscule RP quality of pawnshops which are pretty much just stores with semi-illegal items in their inventory (lockpicks/switchblades) as opposed to stores where you can get cheap used items/antiques and make a quick buck by pawning/selling what you don't want.

Maybe it would be a decent idea to integrate this into existing trucking companies as a beta test of sorts and if it ends up not being one of the aforementioned two cases then sure.

Edited by TritonXVII

I like this idea as it creates a lot more roleplay for the server as a whole.

As for the drugs issue will it be laid out that each package is supposed to be checked therefore eliminating illegal drug trafficking thru the service? And a couple slip through the cracks because they weren't checked?

My local PD IRL has a federal Drug enforcement agent working within their ranks and essentially what he said is 90% of the drugs gets caught through mail the other 10% is what gets missed. If they can take 90% of the drugs off the streets hes happy. Idk how this will correlate on a video game though.