Allow Players to /anim While Cuffed - Bonus Grounded Cuffed Animation

On 2/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Fuck it, had a quick look at some animations I had saved and thought I'd add a potential animation for players cuffed on the ground.

unknown.png

unknown.png

"missprologueig_2", "idle_on_floor_gaurd"

(yes, that's a typo in the game files) 

Feel free to add it devs. 

Isn’t that one of the hostage animations?

26 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Isn’t that one of the hostage animations?

Yep, it's from the prologue heist where you ziptie the guards and bank tellers, locking them in the backroom. It's not AMAZING but it's all I could find.

There's actually animations for what looks like some sort of scrapped GTA:Online mechanic/gamemode that allowed you to cuff and restrain other players but none of them have an "idle" state and are instead two long animations - one being a cuff and push to the ground, the other being the "cop" picking up the cuffed player.

Only way I can think of using them properly would be messing with the animation flags and seeing if there's any that allow you to play and freeze on a specific frame, I know there's one for freezing on the last frame of an animation but that'd have the entire animation play before actually getting to the "pose" you wanted which might be a bit strange in action. 

There's also the option of mixing two animations together using the secondtaskloop animation flag - finding a decent "prone" animation as the base and then the cuffed animation we use now - but I don't think there's any animations implemented on the server that actually use the flag? I might be mistaken though.

Edit: If you want to check the animations yourself they're under both "mp_arresting" and "get_up@cuffed".

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • 3 weeks later...