Fit ideas for my character

RoyalPainter

Just dont overthink it man. Jean's for sure, as for shirt it really depends on what ur characters plans are. If hes working class throw on a simple button up shirt or even a t shirt. 

Fuck cowboy boots real workers dont wear those they are really just for show anymore, some work boots work fine or just basic tennis shoes. 

And then give him a hat of some sort and u gotta try n look cool and throw that bitch on backwards.

4 minutes ago, Juicebox. said:

Just dont overthink it man. Jean's for sure, as for shirt it really depends on what ur characters plans are. If hes working class throw on a simple button up shirt or even a t shirt. 

Fuck cowboy boots real workers dont wear those they are really just for show anymore, some work boots work fine or just basic tennis shoes. 

And then give him a hat of some sort and u gotta try n look cool and throw that bitch on backwards.

Well, my character is a working class country boy feel me? I'm not trying to make him vintage like he still wears hoodies and what not but he works in a farm and all that stuff feel me?

I live in a rural environment, so I can speak from personal experience: for their daily life your character doesn't need to wear overalls and have a blade of wheat on his lip, but clothes are definitely function over form: nice work/rain boots, maybe some work trousers/cargo pants/jeans and maybe a hunting vest of sorts for work on the field (you'll need the pockets), and generally depending on their style you can go for simple checkered shirts, or literally a plain basic t-shirt.

You're going to get dirty, you're going to be muddy, and you're going to get cold in the winter: invest in cheap hoodies, beanies and caps. You need clothes you're not going to miss when they rip on the one hand, and you're going to need things of better quality that serve a purpose: raincoats, warm clothes, nice footwear...

Unless your character is particularly well-off or vain (or you're going for the Sandy Shores Texan look), a lot of the time you're going to be wearing basic/generic clothes from your local shop because they'd realistically wear them out. A good touch might be to add some promotional t-shirts that are disposable (an LTD shirt, a Cluckin' Bell shirt... things they probably got for free and don't really care about).

For your daily life depending on who your character is, he's more likely to dress like the guy on the left than the guy on the right unless it's a special occasion:

UFW – The Official Web Page of the United Farm Workers of America                                                                                Sam McClymont ready to play cupid on The Farmer Wants A Wife | Fraser Coast  Chronicle

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Koko said:

I live in a rural environment, so I can speak from personal experience: for their daily life your character doesn't need to wear overalls and have a blade of wheat on his lip, but clothes are definitely function over form: nice work/rain boots, maybe some work trousers/cargo pants/jeans and maybe a hunting vest of sorts for work on the field (you'll need the pockets), and generally depending on their style you can go for simple checkered shirts, or literally a plain basic t-shirt.

You're going to get dirty, you're going to be muddy, and you're going to get cold in the winter: invest in cheap hoodies, beanies and caps. You need clothes you're not going to miss when they rip on the one hand, and you're going to need things of better quality that serve a purpose: raincoats, warm clothes, nice footwear...

Unless your character is particularly well-off or vain (or you're going for the Sandy Shores Texan look), a lot of the time you're going to be wearing basic/generic clothes from your local shop because they'd realistically wear them out. A good touch might be to add some promotional t-shirts that are disposable (an LTD shirt, a Cluckin' Bell shirt... things they probably got for free and don't really care about).

For your daily life depending on who your character is, he's more likely to dress like the guy on the left than the guy on the right unless it's a special occasion:

UFW – The Official Web Page of the United Farm Workers of America                                                                                Sam McClymont ready to play cupid on The Farmer Wants A Wife | Fraser Coast  Chronicle

Thank you for your response, it helps a lot I appreciate it 🙂

• Wuhtah locked this topic