Jump to content

Continuity Questions & Answers


Keane

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Is there any discussions regarding revamping our trucker system? I know there has been some mild changes recently to delivering crates, but it looks like we're running out of trucking orders to do almost daily. Quite a few people I have spoken with have expressed that they wish for the trucking system to get an overhaul. Thanks.

 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Maximus. said:

Hello,

 

Is there any discussions regarding revamping our trucker system? I know there has been some mild changes recently to delivering crates, but it looks like we're running out of trucking orders to do almost daily. Quite a few people I have spoken with have expressed that they wish for the trucking system to get an overhaul. Thanks.

 

 

As much as I wish to give you a answer here, this is unfortunately not a question in regards to Continuity Management (Lore) of the server. I highly recommend making a discussion post or posting a suggestion in the in-game suggestion board.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Does Grand Theft Auto the video game series exist in any form within the GTAW universe? If so generally how would it differ from how it is irl? For example would San Andreas be replaced with California in the in-universe video game?

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, El Bandito said:

Does Grand Theft Auto the video game series exist in any form within the GTAW universe?

yes and no

Edited by enigma.
Link to comment
17 hours ago, El Bandito said:

Does Grand Theft Auto the video game series exist in any form within the GTAW universe? If so generally how would it differ from how it is irl? For example would San Andreas be replaced with California in the in-universe video game?

 

The Grand Theft Auto video game itself doesn't exist as this would conflict with both the vehicles we use and the other rockstar branded items within our world. So generally the rule is to not have any reference to said game. A prohibited topics section in the Wiki is in the works as we work on the new wiki.

Link to comment

I plan for an upcoming private detective character of mine to be from the city of Empire Bay, which is from 2K's Mafia franchise. A reference I have when writing about fictional cities for my characters is a fictional cities/states list I made myself, which essentially blends the worlds of GTA, RDRII, and Mafia - https://the-mafia.fandom.com/wiki/American_Cities

 

I think it'd be awesome to include various Mafia franchise lore elements, primarily the fictional brands. For example, one of my characters smokes Big Break cigarettes, which is a brand from the same franchise. The new character I'm planning has familial and occupational roots in both Empire Bay and Lost Heaven, so I was really hoping this would be permissible.

 

I also don't believe Mafia cities are too representative of real life cities enough to be considered replacements, like Los Santos is for Los Angeles. All three of the Mafia cities (Empire Bay, Lost Heaven, New Bordeaux) are partially inspired by real life cities, but unique and original enough to be considered their own thing. Even canonically, Empire Bay exists alongside New York.

 

However, I don't want to violate the continuity rule if what I'm wanting to do is a rulebreak.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
On 5/6/2022 at 12:05 AM, subway244 said:

I plan for an upcoming private detective character of mine to be from the city of Empire Bay, which is from 2K's Mafia franchise. A reference I have when writing about fictional cities for my characters is a fictional cities/states list I made myself, which essentially blends the worlds of GTA, RDRII, and Mafia - https://the-mafia.fandom.com/wiki/American_Cities

 

I think it'd be awesome to include various Mafia franchise lore elements, primarily the fictional brands. For example, one of my characters smokes Big Break cigarettes, which is a brand from the same franchise. The new character I'm planning has familial and occupational roots in both Empire Bay and Lost Heaven, so I was really hoping this would be permissible.

 

I also don't believe Mafia cities are too representative of real life cities enough to be considered replacements, like Los Santos is for Los Angeles. All three of the Mafia cities (Empire Bay, Lost Heaven, New Bordeaux) are partially inspired by real life cities, but unique and original enough to be considered their own thing. Even canonically, Empire Bay exists alongside New York.

 

However, I don't want to violate the continuity rule if what I'm wanting to do is a rulebreak.

 

 

 

At the moment, and for probably a bit of while, these cities do not exist in our lore. So technically a rulebreak or something that can be brought up to RPQM. I'll let the community discuss this one in the Continuity discord, but from personal opinion, I only see this causing issues seeing as we already only roleplay San Fierro, Los Santos, and San Andreas

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Where does the continuity team stand on the topic of Roe V. Wade? 

Where and in one side of the argument is women's choice, supported by the fact that many pregnancies are a result of non-consensual sex, it seems like a very bumpy road in a server where all mentions of rape are banned. It feels inevitable that there WILL be a response, and that the response will have to use these talking points, because it will, inevitably, probably be a part of any IC legislation.

I feel that in light of banning mentions of the Ukrainian war, and this is not to say that the situation in Ukraine is less or more important, events of similar scale with similar effects on player's escapism and enjoyment should be considered. I don't know a whole lot of women who want to look at the news then get on GTA and have to deal with the same shit ingame as they do IRL, just as I don't know many Russo/Ukrainian americans who wish to hear of the war IC, in their escapism. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kari said:

Where does the continuity team stand on the topic of Roe V. Wade? 

Where and in one side of the argument is women's choice, supported by the fact that many pregnancies are a result of non-consensual sex, it seems like a very bumpy road in a server where all mentions of rape are banned. It feels inevitable that there WILL be a response, and that the response will have to use these talking points, because it will, inevitably, probably be a part of any IC legislation.

I feel that in light of banning mentions of the Ukrainian war, and this is not to say that the situation in Ukraine is less or more important, events of similar scale with similar effects on player's escapism and enjoyment should be considered. I don't know a whole lot of women who want to look at the news then get on GTA and have to deal with the same shit ingame as they do IRL, just as I don't know many Russo/Ukrainian americans who wish to hear of the war IC, in their escapism. 

This is something I brought up in the continuity discord 

 

f0CtiBk.png

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kari said:

Where does the continuity team stand on the topic of Roe V. Wade? 

Where and in one side of the argument is women's choice, supported by the fact that many pregnancies are a result of non-consensual sex, it seems like a very bumpy road in a server where all mentions of rape are banned. It feels inevitable that there WILL be a response, and that the response will have to use these talking points, because it will, inevitably, probably be a part of any IC legislation.

I feel that in light of banning mentions of the Ukrainian war, and this is not to say that the situation in Ukraine is less or more important, events of similar scale with similar effects on player's escapism and enjoyment should be considered. I don't know a whole lot of women who want to look at the news then get on GTA and have to deal with the same shit ingame as they do IRL, just as I don't know many Russo/Ukrainian americans who wish to hear of the war IC, in their escapism. 

A lot of people have add concerns and questions about this topic, and after speaking with SAGOV, LSGOV, and management, this isn’t something we are going to prohibit. If our IC politicians decide to go either route on Roe Versus wade, they will have to accept the consequences. Just understand on a OOC sense, our politics cannot effect the real world.

 

Ukraine is a much more sensitive problem in regards to international issues, Roe versus Wade is more isolated within the US in regards to politics, hence why we aren’t prohibiting it. 
 

 

Edited by Nightmare Night
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...