Continuity Questions & Answers

Keane

1 hour ago, Nightmare Night said:

I like this, granted ULSA is the obvious one, we don't really got any elementary, middle, or high schools defined. But I think it would be beneficial to ensure we don't have people roleplaying anything but that they were once in said school, rather than current to cause any drama, the same rule we have for those who wanna roleplay in military service. They have to be ex-military otherwise it needs Continuity approval. Whats the thoughts on that?

I don't think school is the same as the military, and I think you can genuinely trust the community to say they go to school X or Y, since it's... just a school. There aren't huge requirements to be in school, you're forced to stay into education until you're like 18 now anyway, no? I can't see how any drama could possibly come from it. The military is way different because you're an adult and there's strict requirements and physical demands. If someone goes to your school or so they claim and you haven't met them? Maybe they're in a different friendship circle or maybe they're in different classes. I don't think it's an issue, personally!

22 hours ago, L I C E said:

I don't think school is the same as the military, and I think you can genuinely trust the community to say they go to school X or Y, since it's... just a school. There aren't huge requirements to be in school, you're forced to stay into education until you're like 18 now anyway, no? I can't see how any drama could possibly come from it. The military is way different because you're an adult and there's strict requirements and physical demands. If someone goes to your school or so they claim and you haven't met them? Maybe they're in a different friendship circle or maybe they're in different classes. I don't think it's an issue, personally!

Good point. I’ll forward it to the team and see what we can come up with in regards to the list of schools appropriate.

• Upvote 1

Hello! 🙂

I have a quick question regarding federal vs state law in aviation! 

The SA Aviation Code has a list of places where it's strictly forbidden to land: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/51897-san-andreas-aviation-code/

image.png.7759cdc8d086859237a1eadb22250a7e.png

This does not include state parks. I thought it was a bit strange so I don't land there (and there's no LZ on my business map inside state parks). Because federal / FAA law forbids landing in state parks for obvious reasons. No point in having a park where wildlife is protected, if you're going to land and frighten everything while spilling jet fuel fumes 😛 

But the statuses of federal laws and authorities is a bit strange on the server. So just to be sure, is it illegal to land in a state park? It would make much more sense. If it's the case it could be nice to add it into the IC law just in case, so someone can't say "I didn't know" 🙂 And it would avoid nonsense conversations where one person says it's legal and one person says it isn't. 

Thanks 🙂 

16 hours ago, San Airdreas said:

Hello! 🙂

I have a quick question regarding federal vs state law in aviation! 

The SA Aviation Code has a list of places where it's strictly forbidden to land: https://forum.gta.world/en/topic/51897-san-andreas-aviation-code/

image.png.7759cdc8d086859237a1eadb22250a7e.png

This does not include state parks. I thought it was a bit strange so I don't land there (and there's no LZ on my business map inside state parks). Because federal / FAA law forbids landing in state parks for obvious reasons. No point in having a park where wildlife is protected, if you're going to land and frighten everything while spilling jet fuel fumes 😛 

But the statuses of federal laws and authorities is a bit strange on the server. So just to be sure, is it illegal to land in a state park? It would make much more sense. If it's the case it could be nice to add it into the IC law just in case, so someone can't say "I didn't know" 🙂 And it would avoid nonsense conversations where one person says it's legal and one person says it isn't. 

Thanks 🙂 

In a quick answer, this is more of a LFM concern more than anything, in regards to getting it added to the aviation code for further enforcement, but I believe it has been enforced in the past by Park Rangers, but a simple edit could be done my in-game state legislation. I'll give them a ping and see what can be done.

However, on the more continuity side of it, we don't believe there is need from us on behalf of continuity to define federal laws when it comes to parks as a sort of pick and choose, and rather leaving it up to the legal factions of the server to put the appropriate laws in place that effect us alone, and then for federal leaving that to Faction Management to address any conflicts. Additionally, if you're taking your helicopter to a state park without being a Search & Rescue, it becomes more of a administration issue as behavior in a aircraft isn't taken lightly by Server Administration. So a mix of both proper portrayal and reasoning, let alone with how strict the FAA is with flight plans and the like.

1 hour ago, Nightmare Night said:

In a quick answer, this is more of a LFM concern more than anything, in regards to getting it added to the aviation code for further enforcement, but I believe it has been enforced in the past by Park Rangers, but a simple edit could be done my in-game state legislation. I'll give them a ping and see what can be done.

However, on the more continuity side of it, we don't believe there is need from us on behalf of continuity to define federal laws when it comes to parks as a sort of pick and choose, and rather leaving it up to the legal factions of the server to put the appropriate laws in place that effect us alone, and then for federal leaving that to Faction Management to address any conflicts. Additionally, if you're taking your helicopter to a state park without being a Search & Rescue, it becomes more of a administration issue as behavior in a aircraft isn't taken lightly by Server Administration. So a mix of both proper portrayal and reasoning, let alone with how strict the FAA is with flight plans and the like.

Great thanks 🙂 It seemed like common sense to me but not to everyone, so at least now I'm 100% sure I'm not talking nonsense, when I say "no, landing in state parks is not allowed even if it's not expressly forbidden in the IC aviation code". Thanks!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, Anders said:

Asked this in discord but

We can reference Elden Ring and other games icly

Can we reference Rockstar and GTA?

Simply don't see any benefit in referencing either Rockstar or GTA, nor why we would need to, as referencing Rockstar or GTA doesn't enriches your character's development. So no, there's no reason to allow this, and only causes confusion.

Edited by Nightmare Night
  • Upvote 1

As for the tasers. 

I've seen multiple videos of LEOs chasing a suspect and using the taser more than five times even though they missed, until they catch him. 

In real life, as far as I know, LEOs carries one cartridge inside their taser, which is ready for immediate action and two more around their duty belt.

There's an actual rule for the server about how many times a LEO can use his taser? Because the current one has unlimited "shoots", It'll be fair for those who attempts to run on foot and they haven't done anything serious enough to be shot.

3 minutes ago, root said:

As for the tasers. 

I've seen multiple videos of LEOs chasing a suspect and using the taser more than five times even though they missed, until they catch him. 

In real life, as far as I know, LEOs carries one cartridge inside their taser, which is ready for immediate action and two more around their duty belt.

There's an actual rule for the server about how many times a LEO can use his taser? Because the current one has unlimited "shoots", It'll be fair for those who attempts to run on foot and they haven't done anything serious enough to be shot.

As far as I was taught, you miss the first? Wait ten-to-fifteen seconds to simulate the realistic time frame that it would take to change the cartridge, and attempt a second if fit. If you miss the second, it's a case of chasing. If you see someone abusing this, clip it and report it; We're not here to 'win', we're here to portray a realistic LEO and to offer interactions that should be high-quality.

4 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

As far as I was taught, you miss the first? Wait ten-to-fifteen seconds to simulate the realistic time frame that it would take to change the cartridge, and attempt a second if fit. If you miss the second, it's a case of chasing. If you see someone abusing this, clip it and report it; We're not here to 'win', we're here to portray a realistic LEO and to offer interactions that should be high-quality.

Thanks,

I was considered because I've seen LEOs tasing suspects as soon as they finish to reload, without any reasonable waiting period. It's indeed should be Play to enjoy realistic RP, not play to win.

• Upvote 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.