Continuity Questions & Answers

Keane

16 hours ago, Piepstem said:

The way it is right now, we go by the in-real time it takes for you to drive from Los Santos to Sandy and Paleto Bay in-game. So I guess that'd take around 6 minutes, as mentioned before. You do not have to RP it as 3 hours but the time you actually drove from an OOC perspective.

The issue with this is that in the property rules it states living in Sandy/Paleto but having a job in the city is basically a no no, but if it’s to be roleplayed as only 6 minutes away, should that example of the property rule be removed?

1 hour ago, Jura said:

The issue with this is that in the property rules it states living in Sandy/Paleto but having a job in the city is basically a no no, but if it’s to be roleplayed as only 6 minutes away, should that example of the property rule be removed?

That's weird, I might be wrong in what I said for all I know. But generally it is agreed upon in law enforcement factions when it comes to role-playing response time. Maybe a Staff Member can shed some more light on that policy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 1:06 PM, Piepstem said:

That's weird, I might be wrong in what I said for all I know. But generally it is agreed upon in law enforcement factions when it comes to role-playing response time. Maybe a Staff Member can shed some more light on that policy.

Some people treat driving from L.S. to Paleto as a "4-hour drive" while others perceive it as "6 minutes". It'd be better to have admin clarification, on this one.

• Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, DLimit said:

Some people treat driving from L.S. to Paleto as a "4-hour drive" while others perceive it as "6 minutes". It'd be better to have admin clarification, on this one.

Definitely need admin clarification here.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:20 AM, DLimit said:

+1

As a business manager in Paleto Bay, when hiring, we keep reminding in an OOC basis that it's a very long drive and if this would suit their character who lives in LS. But we can't rely on this if it's not officially written, it's always been a blank rule.

It is no secret the server continuity is in need of a larger update and has shown 'plot holes' along the way as presented in the various questions over the past weeks and months. One of those 'plot holes' is the IFM ruling of "if no one is there, no one is there" which essentially deleted any and all NPC roleplay and continuity of an NPC population existing in the game world. Naturally, this clashes with currently established continuity such as federal entities that are considered present, but are not roleplayed by actual players, as well as leaving other questions open - such as how to go about the gray area NPC roleplay and what is (dis-)allowed. A standing regarding that ruling and potential ammendments to the server continuity are required to prevent yet another nasty double-standard.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:09 PM, orca112 said:

It is no secret the server continuity is in need of a larger update and has shown 'plot holes' along the way as presented in the various questions over the past weeks and months. One of those 'plot holes' is the IFM ruling of "if no one is there, no one is there" which essentially deleted any and all NPC roleplay and continuity of an NPC population existing in the game world. Naturally, this clashes with currently established continuity such as federal entities that are considered present, but are not roleplayed by actual players, as well as leaving other questions open - such as how to go about the gray area NPC roleplay and what is (dis-)allowed. A standing regarding that ruling and potential ammendments to the server continuity are required to prevent yet another nasty double-standard.

And this has been a strong debate, and one that's requiring a lot of though as it will need to be defined hard one way or another, and change a lot of factors about the state. Such as robberies in the city of Los Santos. Clearly no city would be established of this size without the population to sort it, but then the issue arises that for those in illegal roleplay where in not-so-obvious cases, such as robbing someone out on a public street not being the prime area of robbing without being caught, for those dark alley robberies or isolated events, we have to understand that it's up to the non-NPC population to spot a event or it goes unnoticed.

Needless to say, before we make a official statement on what exactly is NPC populated, what is not, or where this takes effect, we will need to have a discussion with Faction Management, both Illegal and legal to formulate a common ground.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:23 AM, Jura said:

Are we any closer to finding out how long it would take to drive from Los Santos to Sandy and Paleto Bay?

This seems to be a solid debate, I've added it to my agenda of things to figure out once channels of collaboration between subteams has been established.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:13 PM, Corey_ said:

Why does it never rain on the server anymore? Like I get that its based off the IRL los angeles weather but still

make the rain probability like 50% at least when its night time

This was purely due to limitations on the script. As you've probably seen, multiple updates have been pushed to better the script's handling of the weather, based on real life statistics of weather of the California area.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:12 PM, Daquan Kingston said:

What's up with the daytime & weather? The sunset is way off in accordance to California weather, and so is the lack of precipitation.

Rockstar and GTAV limitations. GTAV has it's own time to sun position system, however, I'd recommend you'd make a in-game suggestion for a Developer to take a look into the possibility of making a more realistic Day Light Savings schedule.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.