Continuity Questions & Answers

Keane

It was mentioned a few months ago, but has Continuity came to a conclusion on how medical bills work yet? Or do we still RP a state where medical bills, etc simply don't exist? I haven't been too active on the server so unsure if anything has changed in that regard. 

• Developer
40 minutes ago, Mitch said:

It was mentioned a few months ago, but has Continuity came to a conclusion on how medical bills work yet? Or do we still RP a state where medical bills, etc simply don't exist? I haven't been too active on the server so unsure if anything has changed in that regard. 

I'm not in continuity or the admin team but from what I have heard, we roleplay that everything is free.

1 hour ago, Vassilios said:

I'm not in continuity or the admin team but from what I have heard, we roleplay that everything is free.

The problem with that is it doesn't exactly compare to other US states, the US doesn't have 'free' medical care. How exactly does this work? 

13 minutes ago, Mitch said:

The problem with that is it doesn't exactly compare to other US states, the US doesn't have 'free' medical care. How exactly does this work? 

I cannot give a definitive answer on what to roleplay. However, LFM has slowly been building up an idea for how it would all work. The idea wasn't given much work on because other priorities quickly look over but, it is one on the to do list. It would just require lots of brainstorming and thought.

5 hours ago, Zani said:

I cannot give a definitive answer on what to roleplay. However, LFM has slowly been building up an idea for how it would all work. The idea wasn't given much work on because other priorities quickly look over but, it is one on the to do list. It would just require lots of brainstorming and thought.

Isn't it a solution for 2 problems? On one hand, the people get realistic hospital visits where they receive an expensive medical bill afterwards if they don't have health insurance (maybe a cool suggestion?), and on the other hand, people will drive more realistic and carefull because an EMT or hospital visit will hurt them greatly financially if they don't have insurance.

To be entirely honest, I wonder why do we even need someone to tell us how to roleplay medical bills? GTA World is, at least according to its management, a heavy RP server. Thinking logically, San Andreas is based on California, and, California doesn't have free medical care (nor does any of the 50 states). From there on, it's simple; would your character be able to afford monthly health insurance? If yes, great! If not, too bad. Players should (hopefully) be able to figure out if their characters can or cannot afford health insurance.

Edited by Brian

What is the current take on Maritime Law? There excists no Maritime Code within San Andreas, and the only two somewhat Penal Code fines that can be charged are ''Reckless Operation of a Naval Vehicle'' and ''Illegal Parking'' (even though boats don't park, they dock).

Does the server, untill establishment of a Maritime Code, follow the federally active Admiralty Law?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.