Continuity Questions & Answers

Keane

4 minutes ago, Keane said:

The decision was made to consider the entire island we play on as Los Santos County. The Salton Sea (Alamo Sea) and Desert Shores (Sandy Shores) are south-east of LA where Morro Bay (Paleto Bay) is pretty far north-west. It's pretty difficult to line parts of the map we play on up with how things are in real life because everything is north of Los Santos. Players go all over the map on a regular basis so as a gameplay compromise, we felt that having everything in one county makes the most sense.

It does make the most sense, yeah. Rockstar was actually pretty liberal with their mapping and just took bits and pieces so it's not easy to determine what should be what. I'd suggest removing any reference to Blaine or Paleto counties as a high priority task when extensive exterior mapping becomes feasible because it's all pretty confusing as it stands.

Edited by Large Hazard
1 minute ago, Mitch said:

What is the Continuity Management's thoughts on medical bills, do we RP them as normal? Or is SA the only state in the US to offer 'free' medical care, which is completely insanity. 

Personally I agree that roleplaying having free healthcare while living in the US just doesn't make sense. It's something I've discussed with LFM on and off for quite a while. The main issue is that if we required players to pay money every time they went to a hospital, they would be a lot less likely to go. The same would apply to having to pay for being treated and transported by an ambulance crew. Having it free, at least from a script money point of view, encourages players to actually roleplay their injuries around the existing factions that provide those services. If there was a cost associated with medical treatment of any kind, we would have people tossed into the back seat of a car and driven to an NPC hospital to get treated. 

My idea was to have some sort of system there there's implied medical bills and have players roleplay around that according to how they roleplay their financial situation. It would not impact their script cash at all. It creates an awkward situation though when someone is told they have to pay a few thousand for surgery and then medical staff explain on an OOC basis that it doesn't actually cost them anything. Another idea was to actually charge players a small amount of money unless they have insurance. Insurance would be taken out of their hourly paychecks. But then that comes back to my first point where it would discourage players from actually roleplaying any in depth injuries with other players.

There is no formal stance as of right now but I'll speak to LFM about it soon to try to get the discussion going again.

11 minutes ago, Large Hazard said:

It does make the most sense, yeah. Rockstar was actually pretty liberal with their mapping and just took bits and pieces so it's not easy to determine what should be what. I'd suggest removing any reference or Blaine or Paleto counties as a high priority task when extensive exterior mapping becomes feasible because it's all pretty confusing as it stands.

Changing references like that is always something I've wanted to do but the way we have it set up currently doesn't work with 1.1. TTCF lost its mapping that renamed it properly when 1.1 was brought in. When the modding and dev teams figure that out, then we'll be requesting changes to line up with continuity.

1 hour ago, Zayyy said:

When are we having an actual taxes scheme, so we don't see gangbangers in Rockford, Vespucci Canals and other rich areas?

I agree with Rockford (although I’ve never seen gang bangers in Rockford but I’ll take your word for it) but Vespucci is based on an area that is actually filled with gangs in real life.

The gangs you find in that area in-game, believe it or not also exist in the same location in real life. 

13 hours ago, orangejuice said:

I agree with Rockford (although I’ve never seen gang bangers in Rockford but I’ll take your word for it) but Vespucci is based on an area that is actually filled with gangs in real life.

The gangs you find in that area in-game, believe it or not also exist in the same location in real life.

Vespucci Canals. Some areas of Vespucci are poor, some are rich, some are just nice and touristy. Venice has gangs in RL, for sure, but some areas of Venice represented in Vespucci are not gang turf, period. You'll occasionally run into gang members anywhere, but there's no one going around pressing residents.

The problem is that the GTA map is seriously compressed and gangs need turf, so they interpret things in the most convenient way to be able to portray that. This is understandable, the problem is when it comes into conflict with other people's portrayal and interpretation of the map. It doesn't make a lot of sense for some gangs to claim the areas they do, but it is what it is. If people gave each other some leeway, that would be great.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.