• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Continuity Questions & Answers

8 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

Unless otherwise stated, ingame distance is IC distance. People who want to RP it otherwise can wait three hours for an emergency response.

The argument about distance I see come more from the admin team than player base. That is why I am looking for answers. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay so I'm trying to wrap my head around some of this as far as the locations go. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And I feel like this is gonna slip through the cracks because "It's already

Merging Blaine County into LS County is not necessary to keep up with proper continuity and could potentially be detrimental for people who have a long history with Blaine County. If the reason behind

You simply must answer the man. How long will this continue? For what must we do to correct the erroneous ways these football conferences so slapdashed together, so viciously and insultingly higgledy-

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

The argument about distance I see come more from the admin team than player base. That is why I am looking for answers. 

I think it’s more of a polite way of saying “we prefer and prioritize characters from Paleto Bay owning stuff in Paleto Bay”.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, cryybabyycryy said:

From what I can tell, distance is based on player discretion as @KinnyWynny said, but people should be mindful of where they belong and how it affects the immersion of others. While a fire-truck can drive straight from the city to put out a bush fire in Sandy, a gangbanger is not allowed to roll into the the desert and try to rob everyone he sees. PM also has a note on their property guidelines about distance and why it's important.

The best way for me to reconcile this is by imaging that characters need realistic reasons and intention for coming out to Blaine the same way a rich, valley-girl character would need to realistically reconcile their reason for hanging out in the projects.

4 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

Unless otherwise stated, ingame distance is IC distance. People who want to RP it otherwise can wait three hours for an emergency response.

5 hours ago, cryybabyycryy said:

This has been something bugging me bad lately, and I feel like its a grey area that can be used against people in some situations but ignored in others. Example: Living outside the city, they claim Paleto should be much further than it is, though yes, when us as LSPD or LSFD have a call or alarm out there, it is totally reasonable for us to code three it at less than five minutes, same with pursuits. The way I look at this, and please feel free to correct me if wrong, is our cars track mileage, this is a script feature added into GTAW, along with our gas meters go down.. My house in Paelto to Mission Row is less than nine miles, my gas gage maybe goes down a percent or two. And due to these added scripts, that it what I RP the distance being both on and off duty. I would love to see some hard written rules about the distance, and if they are increased per realism, I'd love to see some script fixes for such things as listed above, along with the off duty/on duty rules to balance one another out and be fair.

5 hours ago, Sush said:

Roleplaying the map as a size that it isn't honestly doesn't make sense. Like people are happy to say it takes hours to drive from LS to Paleto for whatever reason but would also be equally upset if when they called 911 from Paleto we waited 45 mins to an hour before showing up. In that same light it would imply that it makes equally no sense for the SD to patrol in Los Santos as their HQ in Paleto would be hours away. (Not that I agree with that, obviously SD can patrol in the city if they want to). 

It feels similarly to making someone roleplay NPCs. Paleto is only like 7 miles from LS so that's how far it is. 

I guess PM thinks otherwise.

4 hours ago, Tseard said:

What is Fort Zancudo roleplayed as? Is the runway treated as an active runway? What kind of base is it? How should people roleplay around it?

This one might be interesting in general for different areas around Los Santos and the county. Areas such as LSX, Fort Zancudo, the prison complex by Route 68 down to more specific area descriptions such as the Jetsam Terminal / docks (r.e. robberies, dock security / busy bustle vs empty area).

the argument of emergency services and their response time doesnt exactly prove a point. in reality, these rural areas (paleto bay etc) would each have their own local police/sheriff's departments which would likely respond to emergency calls in 5-10 minutes. in fact, most of them actually DO have their own little sd + fd buildings that are meant to represent local departments, but for the mere purpose of simplification and because we don't have the playerbase for it, we don't separately roleplay each of these little departments. roleplaying ls as a very small island that is like 9 miles from one coast to another just doesnt make logistical sense considering the sheer size of the city of los santos and comparing it to los angeles, which its supposed to represent. it wouldnt be able to support itself ic if it were actually that small. this is something we actually put a lot of thought in on samp when we were trying to draft stuff up for gov and it just makes a whole lot more sense to amp up the distances. thats how we did it for years and there was next to no problem caused by it. i dont see why it cant be implemented here as well

This thread has highlighted the issue with trying to nail certain things down. There are some things that should just be left as grey areas because they don't have a perfect answer. Distance is an example. Time is another. We do a lot of things during the server's night that would really be done during the day, but you don't mention it because that's just how it is and it'd be weird to do so.

Some things are best left unexplained.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, orca112 said:

This one might be interesting in general for different areas around Los Santos and the county. Areas such as LSX, Fort Zancudo, the prison complex by Route 68 down to more specific area descriptions such as the Jetsam Terminal / docks (r.e. robberies, dock security / busy bustle vs empty area).

I was told by a few people in SD that Boilingbroke Penitentiary is meant to be roleplayed as an active prison, it's just an alternative. People are locked up in there, it exists, it's to be roleplayed as a prison. TTCF is just what's used on the server.

• Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.