• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Continuity Questions & Answers

GTAW-rectangle.png.46ee4164df3eb9064602f89c28d7ffb0.png

Continuity Questions & Answers

The purpose of this thread is for members of the community to ask questions on continuity. These questions should be to clarify continuity itself and not the reasoning behind the decision. The process of making continuity is described on the Continuity Outline thread. Suggestions for continuity can be made in the relevant forum section and not here.

Before asking a question, please read over the thread to see if it has been answered already. A member of Continuity Management or Server Management will respond. Do note that some answers may require a discussion before a reply can be made.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is everything based on Los Angeles and California?
Factions have been based on government agencies and criminal organizations that exist in California for over three years in this community. It gives a foundation for us to base decisions on. It also ensures decisions made are consistent with admin decisions made previously. Seeing as Rockstar designed the map to be similar to Los Angeles, it makes the most sense to base things around that.

Why are there no other cities and states from GTA lore?

The decision was made to only replace California and some cities within it. It is much easier to use real life lore for things outside of the playable location rather than having Continuity Management write up lore that mixes both real life and Rockstar's implementation of those cities and states. 

Are continuity decisions final?

For the most part, yes. They are discussed in detail, approved by the Head of Continuity Management, Server Management and Nervous. Staff decisions, in particular when it comes to factions, are based on continuity so if something is changed, it can have a domino effect on large parts of the community. As a result, things only change if there is strong reasoning to do so.

Can my character be from other places in San Andreas such as San Fierro? 

Yes. Though characters that are former law enforcement or previously part of a federal agency require permission from Legal Faction Management.

Can I get my character or faction added to continuity?

If your character or faction have enough development behind them to justify them being well-known at a city and county level, then they can be added to the IC section of the wiki. You should consult Continuity Management before doing so to ensure it will be approved. Keep in mind that anything found about characters and factions on the wiki can be taken in-character. For example, if you put the structure of your illegal faction on the wiki, it can be taken in-character as readily available information if someone was to look it up.

• Applaud 1
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay so I'm trying to wrap my head around some of this as far as the locations go. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And I feel like this is gonna slip through the cracks because "It's already

Merging Blaine County into LS County is not necessary to keep up with proper continuity and could potentially be detrimental for people who have a long history with Blaine County. If the reason behind

Yeah, actually, that's a good question.   Tupac's famous song is San Andreas Love? It's Hotel San Andreas?   Does Baja San Andreas exist?

Posted Images

Seeing as how Los Santos County is an island off the coast of San Andreas, is it considered a part of the continental United States? Or would this be an Alaska & Hawaii situation?

(Not asking for the STATE, just asking about the Island COUNTY)

4 minutes ago, Bauer said:

Seeing as how Los Santos County is an island off the coast of San Andreas, is it considered a part of the continental United States? Or would this be an Alaska & Hawaii situation?

Key West is considered part of the continental United States and it's further from the rest of the state than Los Santos county is.

2 minutes ago, Bauer said:

It's more an island within the state of San Andreas rather than something far away like Hawaii or Alaska. It's close enough to be connected by bridges as outlined on the map.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Bauer said:

unknown.png

Considering how it's shown on the map, I assume it's continental 

What about knowledge and things that exist for California?

Very specific question that has come up for me in the past, though there's probably more than one application for the "bigger question" here:

• My main character is a Police Officer, and he works with street gangs. Let's say that he starts seeing a bunch of new graffiti/tags popping up. I (me, irl) can Google those tags and get tons of results from multiple sources about the gang they belong to, and then go and read about the history of those gangs, etc. Wikipedia, gang specific websites... there's tons of stuff.
  • Those aforementioned articles all mention "California" (because most people are roleplaying gangs that exist in California)
  • Can my character read those articles and have that knowledge, obviously replacing any mentions of "California" with "San Andreas"? Since most gangs base themselves off of real life gangs, everything else for the most part (aside from membership) holds true.

In summary, the question is whether the following statement is a rule:

General knowledge that is accessible pertaining to the roleplayed counterparts of entities that exist in the real world state of California (and the cities therein) is also accessible ICly, where San Andreas shall substitute for California (and Los Santos for Los Angeles, San Fierro for San Francisco, etc.)

• Upvote 1

What exactly are the laws on immigration to the county? Is it separate to the process that occur in the United States or is it different?

Also, with the new DLC, Cayo Perico added to the game, will we be seeing that as a separate location for players to explore or will there be no expansion in terms of branching out to that area of GTA?

Thanks for clearing everything up for us, it gets annoying when you ask for a budweiser and somebody corrects it to Pisswasser for you.

1 minute ago, u10sil said:

What about knowledge and things that exist for California?

Very specific question that has come up for me in the past, though there's probably more than one application for the "bigger question" here:

• My main character is a Police Officer, and he works with street gangs. Let's say that he starts seeing a bunch of new graffiti/tags popping up. I (me, irl) can Google those tags and get tons of results from multiple sources about the gang they belong to, and then go and read about the history of those gangs, etc. Wikipedia, gang specific websites... there's tons of stuff.
  • Those aforementioned articles all mention "California" (because most people are roleplaying gangs that exist in California)
  • Can my character read those articles and have that knowledge, obviously replacing any mentions of "California" with "San Andreas"? Since most gangs base themselves off of real life gangs, everything else for the most part (aside from membership) holds true.

In summary, the question is whether the following statement is a rule:

General knowledge that is accessible pertaining to the roleplayed counterparts of entities that exist in the real world state of California (and the cities therein) is also accessible ICly, where San Andreas shall substitute for California (and Los Santos for Los Angeles, San Fierro for San Francisco, etc.)

Yeah, actually, that's a good question.

Tupac's famous song is San Andreas Love? It's Hotel San Andreas?

Does Baja San Andreas exist?

• Upvote 4
Just now, Matthew said:

So it says Los Santos County is ICly an island but on the map it shows Los Santos and Los Santos County as an island? Is Los Santos County technically the whole map or is the actual city not ICly an island and it's disconnected from the county?

If you check the map again you can see Sandy & Paleto in the little image.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.