[LSNN] City News: "Defund LSSD" Protest at Rockford City Hall prompts Gov Response to Allegations of LSSD Abuse.

LSNN

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

"Defund LSSD" Protest at Rockford City Hall prompts Gov Response to Allegations of LSSD Abuse.

BY  RANA KHATI, SAMANTHA WHITEFIELD, & VICTORIA MILLER

Nikki James (left) of the Defund LSSD protest and Noah Gashi (right) of the Cancel 6 protest.

Rockford Plaza, LS- On 31st January, 2021, local BMX enthusiast Nikki James, 19, kicked off a protest dubbed the "Defund LSSD" protest, calling for the government to investigate and pursue legal action against the Los Santos Sheriff's Department following the violent crackdown on protesters in Sandy Shores a number of days ago. Present for this protest were many city notables including District Attorney William Eden, Director of State Security Thomas Price, Secretary of Labor Diane Renwick, Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center Dr. Danielle Shaw, CEO of Gruppe Six Mr. Clifford Hunter, and the leader of the Cancel 6 movement and victim of alleged LSSD abuse, Mr. Noah Gashi. Senator Diane Jones (D) of the West District also made an appearance but provided LSNN with no comment at this time.

LSNN's Rana Khati interviewed the protest leader, Nikki James, right before the protest kicked off:

Nikki James Interview

Spoiler

Rana Khati: Are you the lead organizer for this protest and what are you calling for in this protest in a few words?
Nikki James: I am, and we demand a reform in internal policies of the LSSD's operations, aswell as a government investigation into the G6 protest last week.

Rana Khati: And do you have a byline, like the "Cancel 6" line from that protest?
Nikki James: Uh, do you mean ''Defund SD''? Because its either that or the reform. We'd be satisfied with both.

Rana Khati:  You're quite young. What motivated you to the original protest and this protest?
Nikki James: I was at Fantasia Event Hall when the original incident took place. G6 shooting that unarmed black male, and emptying their magazines into him. This sparked me to take part of the original G6 protest. For which I got arrested a day later.

Rana Khati: Were you charged with any crimes from that arrest?
Nikki James: Yes. Obstruction and Evasion.

Rana Khati:  And did you plea guilty, no contest, or not guilty if you're willing to share.
Nikki James: I plead guilty.

Rana Khati: Do you anticipate a peaceful protest today?
Nikki James: It is more intention, yes. I have communicated with several LSPD officers and they are confident they can supress any form of riots before they start,

Rana Khati: Those who you know who are coming to the protest, have they been told it's going to be a peaceful engagement?
Nikki James: Yes. I specifically told people to not even bring weapons. CCW and PF will be disallowed here. I did warn them to bring a gasmask and possibly a plate carrier like Im wearing right now.

* Nikki James shows the gasmask in her hand.

Rana Khati: So, readers might ask why bring the gear if you expect it to be nonviolent?
Nikki James: Emotions can run deep and we are afraid. Not of the people, but of the LSSD. We are afraid they will come here to ''assist'', and make things worse. Their mere presence could be enough for provocation.

Rana Khati: When I covered the G6 protest, the anxiety of violence protesters had were that G6 guards might become violent. To your knowledge, who initiated the violence at the Cancel 6 protest?
Nikki James: I don't know. All I saw was LSSD starting it all. That's why we are here today.

Rana Khati: So the demands of this protest in short are that the LSSD be held accountable for the damages from the protest and reform their policies to prevent a repeat. Defund is more of an alternative if they fail to do that, correct?
Nikki James: That is correct.

Rana Khati: Do your parents live in Los Santos? if so, how do they feel about your involvement in these political demonstrations?
Nikki James: My parents live in Canada. And uh, mom is cool with it. Dad was just pissed that I ended up in jail.

Rana Khati: Do they know you're leading this demonstration today?
Nikki James: They sure do.

Rana Khati: If there's any final message you want our readers to know about this demonstration, what would that be?
Nikki James: To not be intimidated by the LSSD their unlawful actions. In these times its upmost important to speak up and hold them accountable for their crimes.

image.png

Clifford Hunter, CEO of GruppeSIx appears right in a cowboy hat.

Throughout the course of the rally Mr. Clifford Hunter, CEO of Gruppe Six Corporate Security was on scene and making his disapproval of the protest and it's organizer known. LSNN was able only to record small number of his statements but as some are explicit in nature and includes slurs, we're going to place it behind a reader discretion filter:

Statements Made by Mr. Clifford Hunter (READER DISCRETION ADVISED):

Spoiler

[20:15:54] Clifford Hunter shouts: Go back to the kitchen! 

[20:20:18] Clifford Hunter shouts: Should've went to protest in front of the vibrator store!

[20:57:27] Clifford Hunter says: You gotta be a fucking r*tard to protest against your own police.

[20:59:33] Clifford Hunter says: The whole hood is here.

[21:00:15] Clifford Hunter says: You're a r*tard.

[21:13:38] Clifford Hunter says: Evolution hasn't hit him yet.
[21:19:58] Clifford Hunter shouts: N*ggas got a job unlike you! 

[21:24:50] Clifford Hunter says: You homeless, man?
[21:25:18] Clifford Hunter says: Should've went to school.
[21:25:38] Clifford Hunter says: How many debt credits you got, man?
An African-American protester says: Tellin' me we ain't go to school?
[21:27:07] Clifford Hunter says: You dont.
[21:27:13] Clifford Hunter says: Your whole neighborhood does nothing but sell drugs to children.
[21:27:18] Clifford Hunter says: And rob innocent people.
[21:27:23] Clifford Hunter says: That's why you hate the police.

[21:37:46] Clifford Hunter shouts: Cancel Nikki James and other 19 year old felony virgins inciting riots!

At another point in the protest, Mr. Hunter challenged Dr. Danielle Shaw, Director of Pillbox Hill Medical Center, on her presence at the protest right near the LSNN News Van conflating her attendance with support for "riots" and making various implications in an attempt to denigrate her professionalism publicly.

Dr. Shaw was largely disinterested with interacting with Mr. Hunter given the rhetoric he was employing and informed him that the contract termination between Pillbox Hill and G6 was a decision she initiated without hesitation. 

Mr. Clifford Hunter, CEO of G6, engaging in a heated discourse with Dr. Danielle Shaw of Pillbox Hill Medical Center.

At one point a masked man (pictured below) struck a female protester, LSNN reported on this instigation live and the masked assailant fled the scene. The man had been harassing Dr. Shaw as well as generally heckling the Defund LSSD organizer. His counter-protests amounted to shouted slurs and incendiary comments intended to instigate a violent response that never came. If you have information about this man or his whereabouts, LSNN advises you to reach out to the District Attorney's Office with information as to his identity.

image.png

The currently unidentified man who struck a Defund LSSD protester, behind him to his left you can see Nikki James talking down the group of masked agitators.

As the protest began to dwindle in numbers, a group of masked men arrived shouting anti-government slogans. They were not present during the original protest and began to collect at the police barricade. LSNN noted the original protest was collected around the fountain while these masked individuals seemed to make a straight shot for the barricades where they could most directly confront police.

Cancel 6 protest leader, Noah Gashi, spoke with LSNN's Samantha Whitefield:

Samantha Whitefield: What is your take to these people inciting violence at th[is]... protest.

Noah Gashi: I don't approve. Nikki wanted peacefulness. It WAS peaceful. Those 4 masked people came and started aggravating cops. Pushing them, trespassing on ACTUAL private property. They're instigators trying to cause civil unrest. Nobody from the original protest is here except.. the people trying to cause a fight.

Samantha Whitefield: If you could speak to these violent instigators, what would you say, Mister Gashi?

Noah Gashi: I'd ask them to take a step back, consider that nothing will get done if they continue to behave like animals. They ruin the message by instigating violence. And nothing can get done if the original message is tarnished. This is why I called off the protest the other night. I turned it into a vigil because.. I knew it would end like this. I just wish people would think about the consequences of their actions.

image.png

Screenshot_1.png

image.png

Nikki (top) tells protesters to step away from the barricades.. (Photocred Victoria Miller - middle image) 

After a number of the masked individuals attempted to breach the perimeter multiple times only to be struck by beanbag rounds, the remainder filtered off and the scene quieted. LSNN then interviewed District Attorney William Eden about whether the DA's Office was responsive to the demands of the protesters and asked for some insight into the phenomenon of masked "party crashers" agitating at this and other protests:

Rana Khati: The leader of the Cancel 6 movement claims these masked protesters are not affiliated with the main group and tend to show up regardless of protest cause. In your experience as District Attorney, is it common for individuals unaffiliated with protest movements to attach themselves to cause scenes like behind us?

William Eden: It has become increasingly common in the past few years, yes. As protesters come to realize that their portrayal in the press can make or break their message, it has become a tactic of opposition groups to attempt to hijack, for lack of a better term, the protests of their opponents in an effort to delegitimize them or make them appear more violent than they truly are. This is not a phenomenon restricted to one side of the political spectrum, however, and seems to be universal.

Rana Khati: The protesters are calling for decisive action to be taken in response to the recent LSSD crackdown on protesters in Sandy Shores. I understand it's not permitted to discuss potential ongoing investigations, but has the DA's Office registered protesters concerns?

William Eden: We have and we continue to collect witness statements from the incident, as well as other forms of evidence and information. We invite anybody with information to come forward and speak to my office. We wish to collect as much evidence as possible before coming to a decision on how to proceed.

Rana Khati: Any final statements for the public?

William Eden: Just one. Nobody is above the law.

From the halls of city hall itself to the back alleys of Los Santos, all must play by the same rules and be held accountable.

Shortly after the protest ended, the District Attorney's Office released the following press release directly responsive to the demands of the protesters for restorative justice. 

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Username: KeepTheWolvesAwayAndKeepYourRifleByYourSide

Comment: As you read this letter, you may feel confused at points. If you do, keep reading. The rationale underlying William Eden’s viewpoints is confusing. Fortunately, as you read the superfluity of examples about how Eden has been trying to give selfish bozos far more credibility than they deserve, this letter will slowly begin to make some sense. Maybe you didn’t listen to me the last time I warned you that in a heartbeat, he would blight our contentment. Well, he has. So please listen to me this time when I say that I thrive on debates, statistics, and getting the facts right. And the facts in this case indicate that there is a war being fought in the unseen realm between the forces of good and evil, and the battlefield is your mind. The only way for us to win this war is to find new pathways out of the traps that Eden has laid for us. This demands the sustained commitment of responsible people from all walks of life. Anything less will simply not be enough. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed that Eden doesn’t demand special treatment that, in many cases, borders on the ridiculous. During the first half of the 20th century, Marxism could have been practically identified with fascism. Today, it is not so clear who can properly be called an illaudable, quasi-devious criminal mastermind. Here’s a thought experiment for those of you who still think that venal, peccable scammers are more deserving of honor than our nation’s war heroes: Imagine that a supernatural being came to you and, by way of a meandering Platonic dialogue, tried to convince you that there’s no difference between normal people like you and me and inconsiderate careerists. You’d astonishedly blurt out, But Eden evinces a bulldog-like instinct for going after the jugular of his intended victims. And that’s the key point: In my view, everyone should be aware of the history of his plunderbund. Although Eden’s plunderbund began as a splinter faction of his socially inept club, it rapidly morphed into Eden’s primary mechanism for creating a mass psychology of fear about an imminent terrorist threat. The significance of this transformation is that we mustn’t be content to patch and darn, to piece and cobble at the worn and rotten fabric of Eden’s craven, squalid obiter dicta. Instead we must create a world in which prætorianism, conformism, and yahooism are all but forgotten. Doing so will at least prove that Eden asserts that Man’s eternal search for Truth is a challenge to be avoided at all costs. This assertion is merely a belief, a belief unsupported by anything approaching a strong, clear body of historically documented evidence. In fact, most existing evidence suggests to the contrary that Eden is surely proud of himself for conconcting such a brilliant scheme for biologically or psychologically engineering sententious carousers to make them even more pestilential than they already are. In my opinion, however, that’s the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. Much better would be to communicate to people that it’s not uncommon in our community for people to express their concern that Eden will bask in the predatory shine of Bulverism faster than you can say homotransplantation. If I’ve heard that sentiment once, I’ve heard it a thousand times. (Come to think of it, I probably have heard it a thousand times.)

Tell me something: What happens to the moral example we set—for the world and for our own children—if we look the other way while Eden encourages his terrorist organization to deprive people of dignity and autonomy? This isn’t such an easy question to answer, but let me take a stab at it: I question the historicity of the events that he claims have forced him to strip people of their rights to free expression and individuality. My understanding of history tells me instead that by refusing to act, by refusing to let our dream of a just and safe world be bigger than the little kingdoms of our identities, we are giving Eden the power to deny us the opportunity to challenge his outlandish premises and dubious motives.

Unless we unite for the singular purpose of transcending local prejudices, Eden will give expression to that which is most destructive and most harmful to society as soon as our backs are turned. I therefore call upon all of you reading this letter to discuss at length and in full horrific detail all of his puzzleheaded, huffy sound bites and superficial prognoses. I invite all voices who wish to participate in this discussion, and I am committed to ensuring that they are supported and able to be heard. Only through such conversations can we live by such noble values as honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Through adherence to those values one can find meaning and a higher purpose in life and clarity as to why I avow we should knock down Eden’s house of cards. By house of cards, I’m referring to the fragile, highly unstable, and oleaginous framework of lies on which Eden’s popularity is based. Without that framework, people everywhere would come to realize that Eden’s pontifications are a path to statism. As I frequently explain, his pontifications lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leads to statism. With that, I’ll draw this letter to a close. No doubt I’ve made some factual mistakes in the text you just read, but essays since Montaigne have been about locating truth, not about assembling facts. I’ll be happy as long as you’ve learned from this letter that people are looking for answers, not ideology.

Edited by liq
  • Applaud 1
47 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Username: Donald B.

Comment: I mean if you're gonna defund LSCSD but establish Blaine County Sheriff's Office for people living in Blaine especially Sandy, so yea

Username: AK1147

Comment: LCSD? What Drugs you on bitch? More like LSD for you.

This Hunter lame ass bitch needa shut his trap else he gon get clapped.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
41 minutes ago, liq said:

Username: KeepTheWolvesAwayAndKeepYourRifleByYourSide

Comment: As you read this letter, you may feel confused at points. If you do, keep reading. The rationale underlying William Eden’s viewpoints is confusing. Fortunately, as you read the superfluity of examples about how Eden has been trying to give selfish bozos far more credibility than they deserve, this letter will slowly begin to make some sense. Maybe you didn’t listen to me the last time I warned you that in a heartbeat, he would blight our contentment. Well, he has. So please listen to me this time when I say that I thrive on debates, statistics, and getting the facts right. And the facts in this case indicate that there is a war being fought in the unseen realm between the forces of good and evil, and the battlefield is your mind. The only way for us to win this war is to find new pathways out of the traps that Eden has laid for us. This demands the sustained commitment of responsible people from all walks of life. Anything less will simply not be enough. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed that Eden doesn’t demand special treatment that, in many cases, borders on the ridiculous. During the first half of the 20th century, Marxism could have been practically identified with fascism. Today, it is not so clear who can properly be called an illaudable, quasi-devious criminal mastermind. Here’s a thought experiment for those of you who still think that venal, peccable scammers are more deserving of honor than our nation’s war heroes: Imagine that a supernatural being came to you and, by way of a meandering Platonic dialogue, tried to convince you that there’s no difference between normal people like you and me and inconsiderate careerists. You’d astonishedly blurt out, But Eden evinces a bulldog-like instinct for going after the jugular of his intended victims. And that’s the key point: In my view, everyone should be aware of the history of his plunderbund. Although Eden’s plunderbund began as a splinter faction of his socially inept club, it rapidly morphed into Eden’s primary mechanism for creating a mass psychology of fear about an imminent terrorist threat. The significance of this transformation is that we mustn’t be content to patch and darn, to piece and cobble at the worn and rotten fabric of Eden’s craven, squalid obiter dicta. Instead we must create a world in which prætorianism, conformism, and yahooism are all but forgotten. Doing so will at least prove that Eden asserts that Man’s eternal search for Truth is a challenge to be avoided at all costs. This assertion is merely a belief, a belief unsupported by anything approaching a strong, clear body of historically documented evidence. In fact, most existing evidence suggests to the contrary that Eden is surely proud of himself for conconcting such a brilliant scheme for biologically or psychologically engineering sententious carousers to make them even more pestilential than they already are. In my opinion, however, that’s the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. Much better would be to communicate to people that it’s not uncommon in our community for people to express their concern that Eden will bask in the predatory shine of Bulverism faster than you can say homotransplantation. If I’ve heard that sentiment once, I’ve heard it a thousand times. (Come to think of it, I probably have heard it a thousand times.)

Tell me something: What happens to the moral example we set—for the world and for our own children—if we look the other way while Eden encourages his terrorist organization to deprive people of dignity and autonomy? This isn’t such an easy question to answer, but let me take a stab at it: I question the historicity of the events that he claims have forced him to strip people of their rights to free expression and individuality. My understanding of history tells me instead that by refusing to act, by refusing to let our dream of a just and safe world be bigger than the little kingdoms of our identities, we are giving Eden the power to deny us the opportunity to challenge his outlandish premises and dubious motives.

Unless we unite for the singular purpose of transcending local prejudices, Eden will give expression to that which is most destructive and most harmful to society as soon as our backs are turned. I therefore call upon all of you reading this letter to discuss at length and in full horrific detail all of his puzzleheaded, huffy sound bites and superficial prognoses. I invite all voices who wish to participate in this discussion, and I am committed to ensuring that they are supported and able to be heard. Only through such conversations can we live by such noble values as honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Through adherence to those values one can find meaning and a higher purpose in life and clarity as to why I avow we should knock down Eden’s house of cards. By house of cards, I’m referring to the fragile, highly unstable, and oleaginous framework of lies on which Eden’s popularity is based. Without that framework, people everywhere would come to realize that Eden’s pontifications are a path to statism. As I frequently explain, his pontifications lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering leads to statism. With that, I’ll draw this letter to a close. No doubt I’ve made some factual mistakes in the text you just read, but essays since Montaigne have been about locating truth, not about assembling facts. I’ll be happy as long as you’ve learned from this letter that people are looking for answers, not ideology.

username; yes

comment; kinky boy, u got a fetish for william eden

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

Username: AK1147

Comment: LCSD? What Drugs you on bitch? More like LSD for you.

This Hunter lame ass bitch needa shut his trap else he gon get clapped.

Username: Donald B.

Comment: "You have a better idea, but I'm better than you anyway" cliche... Anddd it's Los Santos County Sheriff's Department in full, idot. You're probably a boomer shopping in Davis Mega Mall, cringe lol.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic