Insurance Impounds (Suspended License???)

Ratlady

7 hours ago, Noir said:

Take a look at this. They did what the law says, and unfortunately, if you do not pay your insurance bills and park your vehicle in a public road, they will punish you for it and also suspend your license. Kind of realistic we may all think, but it's what the law explains for unregistered, uninsured vehicles being driven or parked in public roads.

image.png.e77b59f31e73aa6672a3823c309670a1.png

Yeah in that case, after logging back into the game...happened to me once I think too. I just logged back out as soon as I noticed my car gone.

I personally agree with suspending the license only if said uninsured vehicle was being driven on the road. If it were parked then no, it doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, that is what the IC law states, that an uninsured vehicle on a public road will warrant a $5,000 fine, a vehicle impound and a license suspension. Does it make sense? No, but it is what it is. The law should be approached and reworked through IC means. It's faulty but it's realistic, it happens for more or less obvious loopholes to exist.

I also think that this discussion is not so much a discussion but rather a huge rant and will lead to nothing productive, sorry. 

I think you're taking this thing very serious instead of taking the consequences ICly. You asked to show where you were in the wrong and all. And yeah, everyone agrees that this should have not happened and that there must be a separate law for the unpaid insurance bills which for now, it's falling under the driving an unregistered car. 

So yeah, you gotta raise this issue ICly, Entity is right.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:28 AM, goddessoflife said:

As Wally said, go to traffic court, fight your citation however you feel best to do so. Most judges are quite compassionate specially with minor issues such as your case. They may not remove the charge entirely but they may remove the suspension, or more. Who knows, it's always worth trying!

- Also what Paranoid Cobra is saying is untrue. When it comes to Traffic Court, they can be done quite fast. Not worth making a new char for...

Traffic court. My charges weren't traffic.

On 1/31/2021 at 12:32 AM, Engelbert said:

Actually it is completely believeable, unrealistic or not. The law states that insurance must be valid even if the car is parked. What's illogical though, is that why they decided to randomly check the plate and then towed the vehicle. Normally owner must be contacted before such action. As you were offline, they actually commited powergaming in my opinion, cause they did not leave you any option to react. You see another reason why I always /vpark my cars before logging.

Not how that works chief.

From the rules:

"It is not allowed to perform actions which would not be possible in real life either, this is not limited to roleplay through /me. It is not allowed to force actions upon another player. You are not allowed to roleplay a non-player character."

The vehicle is not a player. With your logic, house robberies, warrant executions and other actions would be considered powergaming and that's not the case.

43 minutes ago, Paranoid Cobra said:

Traffic court. My charges weren't traffic.

No, you didn't say what your charges were, but you stated that it's better to NC than to go through courts. I'm saying that when it comes to Traffic Related issues as the OP is stating it's easy to go through traffic court and usually you always come out the better. 

What I rather like to see is people taking a cab and going to the headquarters, express their disbelieve and go on from there instead of logging out cause you can't drive your car. 

Your roleplay doesn't revolve around your car. 

5 minutes ago, goddessoflife said:

No, you didn't say what your charges were, but you stated that it's better to NC than to go through courts. I'm saying that when it comes to Traffic Related issues as the OP is stating it's easy to go through traffic court and usually you always come out the better. 

What I rather like to see is people taking a cab and going to the headquarters, express their disbelieve and go on from there instead of logging out cause you can't drive your car. 

Your roleplay doesn't revolve around your car. 

Nah fam, it all revolved around my car but I cba to get into specifics anymore it's a pointless discussion so let's both agree to not revive it any further and carry on with our days/lives. All the best, boss.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ThatMuricanGuy said:

Not how that works chief.

From the rules:

"It is not allowed to perform actions which would not be possible in real life either, this is not limited to roleplay through /me. It is not allowed to force actions upon another player. You are not allowed to roleplay a non-player character."

The vehicle is not a player. With your logic, house robberies, warrant executions and other actions would be considered powergaming and that's not the case.

Oh okay then, I thought that cops aren't allowed to impound one's car without letting that player know.

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Oh okay then, I thought that cops aren't allowed to impound one's car without letting that player know.

Nah you don't have to provide notice. Of course if you call the non-emergency line we'll let you know about what happened but that's about it.