[BREAKING NEWS] Senate Democrat Dwight Burris associates mass shootings with open carry of firearm | San Andreas Politics

ncMj485.png

Senate Democrat Dwight Burris associates mass shootings with open carry of firearm 

On January 29ᵗʰ, 2020, Senate Democrat Gabriella Morales proposed the "new" SHAFT act for a full Senate debate. Senate Democrat Morales' version of the SHAFT act appears nearly identical to the current SHAFT act.

Senate Republican Ethan Schmidt proposed to legalize open carry to all areas outside any city limits in San Andreas. Senate Republican Daniel Cardenas further supported the legalization of open carry. 

Senate Republican Cardenas outlined numerous errors in the bill. He pointed out that "paint" isn't a proper attachment for a firearm, as written by Senate Democrat Morales. Here is another error he pointed out in the bill.

"A gun is a tool. So is a suppressor or a magnifying scope. A "silencer." does not exist, because, and I'm not sure if you ever found yourself holding or even shooting a firearm, it doesn't exactly silence the firearm. It just makes the gun not deafeningly loud. It helps the shooter spare themselves a very, very painful road down to Tinnitus or worse. It creates for a much more pleasant shooting experience and, if you're hunting? It doesn't scare hunting game away."

Cardenas' Quote

What was the most disturbing is Senate Democrat Dwight Burris' statement made in the Senate discussion. Senate Democrat Burris believes that open carry would increase the number of mass shootings in San Andreas. He further used the mass shootings taking place in Texas as an example by blaming the shootings on open carry.

"If you want to open carry, go to Texas-

- considering the 7 mass shootings that occurred over the last 10 years in that state and what it's people, /our people/ had to go through, I would even urge them to enforce stricter gun laws. "

Burris' Quote

Senate Democrat Burris intentionally involved mass shootings with open carry of a firearm, attempting to sway the direction of the discussion away from the issue at hand. Additionally, Senate Democrat Burris suggested that citizens must move to Texas if they wish to open carry.

Reference: • SHAFT Bill

© San Andreas Politics 2021

Edited by San Andreas Politics
  • Upvote 2

Username: 2ndamendmentfighter

Comment: damn liberals. i mean imagine the audacity! i just got myself a semi-automatic pistol, and had my first target practice against a flock of seaguls like a REAL American! Second amendment rights are just that, rights! Let me open carry my totally legal rifle!

Name: San Andreas Politics IS FAKE NEWS

Comment: Full transcript from Senator Burris 

- considering the 7 mass shootings that occurred over the last 10 years in that state and what it's people, /our people/ had to go through, I would even urge them to enforce stricter gun laws. 

I have no say in that, but I have a say here. 

The only thing I would consider is allowing the chief of police or the sheriff of any county with a population under a certain amount of residents to issue licenses to carry loaded, exposed /handguns/ to qualified residents, we would also have to identify specific areas in those counties and by that I mean, isolated areas where law enforcement would have a problem with responding in adequate time. This would apply to areas that are no where near city limits.

Of course minor tweaks are needed, but the original bill has my full support.

I yield my time."

STOP SPREADING FAKE NEWS San Andreas Politics. Since when does stricter gun laws only equate to open carry? Are the guys writing these articles braindead?

Edited by Gleee
20 minutes ago, Gleee said:

Name: San Andreas Politics IS FAKE NEWS

Comment: Full transcript from Senator Burris 

- considering the 7 mass shootings that occurred over the last 10 years in that state and what it's people, /our people/ had to go through, I would even urge them to enforce stricter gun laws. 

I have no say in that, but I have a say here. 

The only thing I would consider is allowing the chief of police or the sheriff of any county with a population under a certain amount of residents to issue licenses to carry loaded, exposed /handguns/ to qualified residents, we would also have to identify specific areas in those counties and by that I mean, isolated areas where law enforcement would have a problem with responding in adequate time. This would apply to areas that are no where near city limits.

Of course minor tweaks are needed, but the original bill has my full support.

I yield my time."

STOP SPREADING FAKE NEWS San Andreas Politics. Since when does stricter gun laws only equate to open carry? Are the guys writing these articles braindead?

Username: Heak

Comment: LOl, that isn't how you claim a news is fake idiot. The author is probably republican, and you are probably Democratics slut shit, but who the fuck cares because I'm in Texas. Come near me and I'll shoot your face then a corrupt lieutenant would help me plant evidence on a cadet

8 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Username: StraightouttaTenochtitlan

Comments: People with loudest voices FOR 2nd amendment are precisely those who should never own a gun.

Username: 2ndamendmentfighter

Comment: yeah well you’re a dirty seagull lover

FUCK seagulls

Edited by KinnyWynny

Username: FireRetarded

Comment: Seems like the left want safer streets and the right want to argue semantics. Paint was mentioned in an area referring to modifications and while it was listed under "attachments", it's pretty clear what was being said.

Republicans bringing up silencers like they're not a common term is hilarious and shows just how out of touch they are. They have the nerve to make an argument that "suppressors" are needed to protect hearing. Get real. They're smoking crack if they think it'll ever be legal within San Andreas to put a suppressor on a weapon.

Republicans are so out of touch with the modern times that it's just sad. While people are getting killed in Davis due to gang crime and gun violence, they're talking about the potential hearing loss of their sporting constituents. Get fucked. Senator Burris is a hero and Senator Morales finally stepped forward to make these streets safe. Shame that the author of this poorly drafted article shows his true colors by attacking a very valid point made by Senator Burris about gun crime. 

• Upvote 2
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic