Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I give up, congrats.

Transparency = BAD BAD BAD. 

@Engelbertquote replies if you're gonna y'know, reply to them? 

I'm on your side. I have two conclusion. 1) The people with corruption perms is super low or close to zero. 2) There are a few people from the inncer OOC circle (yes i've been in PD) who don't make use of it. 
One thing i liked is that, SD has always been more upront about these things and I congratulate them. Nothing to hide and never really abused any information.

Edited by Gambler
5 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Never asked for names, neither did the post you was replying to, all I wanted was some vague estimate on numbers - numbers you acted as if you knew.

SD's transparency and willingness to answer these sort of questions goes along way in raising trust between illegal and legal factions/groups, PD always has seemed to have this "something to hide" vibe when anything is brought up OOC and I'm not too sure why.

OOC circles maybe? I don't know. 

I'm not sure how this is going to help you and personally I'm not in a position on PD anymore where I feel that it's my place to tell you. I do feel however it's like going to one of the MCs of and saying "Ey! I'm a cop rper but I think you need to be transparent and tell me how many of your members have illegal guns."  Like thats not helping me at all. The reason why it's done behind close doors if to give the player the level of anonymity to rp if needed. What I can tell you is that the number of applications was very little because its not in the culture or the want in most cop rpers. 

If you have questions like this always go to PD  faction leaders and im sure they will help you if they feel it'd appropriate to do so.

What I would suggest is prevent yourself from comparing SD and PD for things like this. SD do a fantastic job and I've had some awesome rp with them back in the day. However, different factions, different rp cultures, different leadership etc No ones going to be the same. You also have to remember that PD is a few years older and they have situations where policies on leaking etc has come into effect.

Relationships are a two way street. Pointing fingers, insulting rp and not willing to work with faction leaders creates a trust issue. Speak to PD faction leaders they are not unapproachable and actually willing to help people. 

Edited by Cascade
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Cascade said:

Relationships are a two way street. Pointing fingers, insulting rp and not willing to work with faction leaders creates a trust issue. Speak to PD faction leaders they are not unapproachable and actually willing to help people.

During my last two years and a half in this server, I've seen topics like this posted really often.  Now what you say is true, but stop for a moment and think... why these topics pop up so often? Why is PD discussed over and over and over and it's transparency bashed in a relentless manner?
Relationships are two way street right? Now let's see who has it easier. The 100th topic about PD in general discussion during the entire existence of PD, or a leadership taking the initiative doing so?
Cause maybe I'm blind, but where is the reply in this topic from the leadership that would completeley seal the discussion? We're on 5th page of this topic now, and this would've been over way sooner as no one is really staying on topic and answering the topics question.

I guess my question now shifts to why is it so rare. I've literally never seen it - @TomRom97

SD might be a few years younger than PD, but for sure it has matured way faster and has become more likeable and pleasant to watch. Doesn't matter the faction or the leadership or anything you say, it's just a matter of trust.  

1 hour ago, Cascade said:

I do feel however it's like going to one of the MCs of and saying "Ey! I'm a cop rper but I think you need to be transparent and tell me how many of your members have illegal guns."  Like thats not helping me at all.

Also invalid argument. Illegal factions post screenshots on their threads all the time without worrying that PD or SD might metagame, and respectfully they don't. Now what on earth makes you think that illegal factions will do with an estimate number of corrupt people in PD? Are PD members thinking of themselves as more decent humans than those who do illegal rp? This is exactly what "Something to hide" vibe @BINGBONGGHOST was saying.
I treat PD the same way I treat a bad roleplayer. Try to stay as away as possible and never put myself in a position where I'm forced to roleplay with them.

"nudge-nudge, wink-wink" 

Edited by Gambler
5 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I treat PD the same way I treat a bad roleplayer. Try to stay as away as possible and never put myself in a position where I'm forced to roleplay with them.

Then in my opinion just on this point alone I think its difficult to form an opinion if you are limiting yourself from rping with different people. It's really sad to see as I know there is some amazing roleplayers in PD that really want a good interaction with people.

SD do a great job I don't disagree. I'm not even saying that they are any lesser by being the younger faction so if you think I am then you are completely wrong.

I'm just saying that you need to consider the time and situations that may have rose during it. It moulds faction decisions and sometimes yeah maybe after a while it's time look over them again but I'm not in the position anymore to do that.

Like I said. Talk to pd leadership I'm sure they are willing to listen. I know during my time it was incredibly frustrating to find out these things on the forums instead of just approaching one of us so we can look into it. 

However I do think this thread has gone on a tangent and the original poster has got his answer many times over now. 

On 1/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, ThomasNoman said:

I had a guy from LSPD stopped me a while ago, but then a second later asking for my info, for some weird reasons I don't know either, he said "I gotta respond to a call" and went in their cruiser, turned lights and sirens and drove away. I then followed the cruiser for a bit after only a couple of intersections, seeing the vehicle in non emergency state like nothing happened.

Happens a lot IRL too bud. 

3 hours ago, Stiggz said:

Corruption perms? You mean what literally every single cop has on the server? I’ve never seen a cop roleplay not corrupt. 

You must either have a really old view on what "corruption" is (Like, MTARP 2013 bad where cops got banned for calling someone an ass.) or have only run into a single cop and been unlucky to roll into a corrupt one.