Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

6 hours ago, TomRom97 said:

I guess my question now shifts to why is it so rare. I've literally never seen it

Speaking from the perspective of the Sheriff's Department, that's simply because corruption is generally quite rare amongst law enforcement forces anyway; we don't want to oversaturate the community with people-hating, gang-banger-beating, asshole stereotypical corrupt cops. There's absolutely no need for it, it provides a distasteful role-play environment and atmosphere, and can very easily lead to some deplorable role-play.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Couldn't you have corruption perms on the back-burner so the option's there whenever the RP might call for it?

From an outsider's perspective it's either BIG BAD EVIL COP or GOOD GUY COP, I've never really seen players speak on corrupt officers using their perms for more grounded "realistic" situations on typically "good" cops - roughing up mouthy suspects, intentionally damaging their property, etc - it all seems black and white, no grey. 

As for "whenever the RP might call for it", there are emergency corruption permissions within the LSSD for this very reason. Should you find yourself in a role-play scenario which calls for an action of corruption to allow the role-play to flow, you are able to request these.

This all to do with culture and the way of working within the department. I know many cops that do go for the slight corruption route just the nature of the rp. Just what seems natural from the standpoint of the city cop. Most choose their career thats their decision from a roleplayers point of view.

Hard to believe I know that cops on this server are roleplayers and members of the community as well and have their own view of their character that they want to play. People tend to forget they are players as well and it's frustrating beyond belief.

Its like demanding that everyone and their mothers should be illegal if they are not a cop. Doesn't work like that, the server wouldn't be diverse and it's not fair to demand that of the players.  Same as I don't expect that every illegal person  isn't allowed to scream "Fuck the police" and refuse to and  conversation with you.  That just the way their character acts and thats fine! 

I can assure you cops want to rp with you just go up to them and rp. However, not every cop wants to be corrupt and thats their choice as the roleplayer, it'll be the culture of the department and thats okay!

9 hours ago, TomRom97 said:

That was more of a figure of speech, but I think that the whole PD is a bit over powered at this point. It wasn't aiming at the quality of the rp but more so at how many pd officers are out there and surveiling the streets. I mean I've seen twetny cruisers pull up for a fist fight

You have two LEO departments patrolling the city that work separately. so you going to get a few out on patrol but im pretty sure both will tell you for 600-700 server some nights they would feel they don't have enough. Twenty cruisers to a fist fight ? I've never seen that personally even if both PD and SD attend it. Might be they have had a 911 with a bit of misleading info that warranted the response or the same group fight actually have a history of just shooting cops for pretty much anything.

However unless this escalated they normally starts to clear some cops pretty quickly by the supervisor on scene. Least from PD side its what they are trained to do. Though its been a few months since I was in PD 😉

Edited by Cascade
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Speaking from the perspective of the Sheriff's Department, that's simply because corruption is generally quite rare amongst law enforcement forces anyway; we don't want to oversaturate the community with people-hating, gang-banger-beating, asshole stereotypical corrupt cops. There's absolutely no need for it, it provides a distasteful role-play environment and atmosphere, and can very easily lead to some deplorable role-play.

Thus was pretty much somes up my reasoning as well.

2 hours ago, Zach.. said:

You never see corrupt offices because they're not allowed to do much. If you want to go above roughing up a suspect or having some weed, you need to have corruption perms from the Chief of Police, and LFM I believe.

In my two years I have never seen anyone with corruption perms. 

That's because you didn't know about it 😉 I can assure you some do! 

15 hours ago, Cascade said:

That's because you didn't know about it 😉 I can assure you some do! 

Not trying to be funny but this weird wink-wink nudge-nudge lack of transparency is what has people confused and misinformed most of the time, on-going investigations I can understand but this "heh if ya know ya know 😉" in response to something I'm assuming you're trying to say is wrong is confusing me, at least inform us so we know instead of leaving it in the open?

"Didn't" implies this was in the past so hey, no harm in letting people know. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

I honestly fail to see why is there a need to be aware of such information on OOC level. Those who HAVE to know about corruption inside PD and LSSD, know about it. What would people do with such knowledge oocly? Nothing, It's honestly like knowing how many guns russian mafia has on market. I came to know a corrupt cop through IC means even learnt about his "corruption" through IC means. That's it.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I honestly fail to see why is there a need to be aware of such information on OOC level. Those who HAVE to know about corruption inside PD and LSSD, know about it. What would people do with such knowledge oocly? Nothing, It's honestly like knowing how many guns russian mafia has on market. I came to know a corrupt cop through IC means even learnt about his "corruption" through IC means. That's it.

It's an interesting topic understanding how legal factions tackle illegal characters in their ranks, I'm not understanding why you think that's weird?

It's almost like we're in the general discussion section of the forum or something.