Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

2 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Then why ask license and registration to begin with, or answer my first question? The point still stands.

It's procedure to ask for license and registration to start with, even after an ALPR. It's to determine if you're the owner of the vehicle or not.

12 minutes ago, Kaz said:

It's procedure to ask for license and registration to start with, even after an ALPR. It's to determine if you're the owner of the vehicle or not.

Well, I guess I was not well informed on the Traffic Unit and ALPR and choosed to go with a bad example. Still my point is that, whenever a case of poor RP that might need reporting on forums happens, I'd rather not report it due to the time it consumes with all the back and forth debate that usually happens in reports. Never in my two years in GTAW, I have posted a single report. Cause it's just not worth it. 

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, lambchops said:

I do very much fear that one who refuses to take the steps required to rectify an issue may not be entitled to complain about it.

Why would that be the case? I want to play the game in peace. I don't want to be one of those guys who have one finger ready on the Screenshot keybind and the other one on the record keybind. I find playing the game more amusing than filing reports, that is it basically. Improve my quality of life in the game. But if you think that I'm not entitled to complain about it or say my piece as why I do what I do, then I'll probably just shut up already.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Why would that be the case? I want to play the game in peace. I don't want to be one of those guys who have one finger ready on the Screenshot keybind and the other one on the record keybind. I find playing the game more amusing than filing reports, that is it basically. Improve my quality of life in the game. But if you think that I'm not entitled to complain about it or say my piece as why I do what I do, then I'll probably just shut up already.

Mind you, I can fully understand the desire to enjoy the game and absolutely share it. The point I am however trying to make is that you should not shy away from taking action when something happens that may ruin both your and others' experiences. A lot of issues within the community sadly stem from people who see an issue, complain about it but do not take the effort to constructively document it so it can be dealt with, leaving the pressure of doing so to others.

I am not pointing fingers at you specifically here, but your post was a nice stepping stone for mine.

• Applaud 1
39 minutes ago, lambchops said:

I am not pointing fingers at you specifically here, but your post was a nice stepping stone for mine.

And if you ask me...this is how you improve. I don't know if I come out too agressive with my arguments sometimes, and I apologize if I do, but as you said, stepping stones.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Gambler said:

Then why ask license and registration to begin with, or not answer my first question? The point still stands.

You never driven a car have you? 

Police scans the licenses plate with the ALPR to get a quick read up on the vehicle, otherwise they'd just take a minute to punch in the plate number into their computer or contact dispatch and get the information on the vehicle. Check the registration, take a look at the stolen car list and such.. its called procedure. They ask you for the licenses and registration to be sure that its you that owns this automobile. Only because /you/ know that...well, the vehicle is yours and all that, doesn't mean the law enforcement have telepathic capability to read your mind. They ask you for the licenses to confirm the vehicle ownership. If the licenses got a different name when vehicle is registered on another name, they'll ask you questions. Who owns this automobile and such.. and they'll confirm it with the owner, making sure the car isn't "stolen". 

And asking licenses and registration is just a basic policing , its done literally everywhere in the world. 

Because way you phrased your comment, sounds like you just want law enforcement to metagame you.

1) Reading on auto licenses plate reader

2) Read the players name

3) Says: Oh yea, its the owner hundred percent. I just know because the floating name of the guy who I never in my life matches the reading, no need to ask for the licenses and registration, because why?

C'mon man, be real here for a minute.. its the basics. You know? Water..its wet, shocker.

Edited by Castel_Ramirez
1 minute ago, Castel_Ramirez said:

You never driven a car have you? 

Police scans the licenses plate with the ALPR to get a quick read up on the vehicle, otherwise they'd just take a minute to punch in the plate number into their computer or contact dispatch and get the information on the vehicle. Check the registration, take a look at the stolen car list and such.. its called procedure. They ask you for the licenses and registration to be sure that its you that owns this automobile. Only because /you/ know that...well, the vehicle is yours and all that, doesn't mean the law enforcement have telepathic capability to read your mind. They ask you for the licenses to confirm the vehicle ownership. If the licenses got a different name when vehicle is registered on another name, they'll ask you questions. Who owns this automobile and such.. and they'll confirm it with the owner, making sure the car isn't "stolen". 

And asking licenses and registration is just a basic policing , its done literally everywhere in the world. 

Because way you phrased your comment, sounds like you just want law enforcement to metagame you.

1) Reading on auto licenses plate reader

2) Read the players name

3) Says: Oh yea, its the owner hundred percent. I just know because the floating name of the guy who I never in my life matches the reading, no need to ask for the licenses and registration, because why?

C'mon man, be real here for a minute.. its the basics. You know? Water..its wet, shocker.

You know I retracted that argument and apologized? And read the whole discussion.

• Applaud 1
20 minutes ago, Gambler said:

You know I retracted that argument and apologized? And read the whole discussion.

No need to post any apology , brotherman. I didn't quote you out to call you out, I'm simply educating. Its no shame or secret, not everyone can afford drivers licenses due to its expensive price and some people get confused when they experience a cop interaction on a community that's build on pushing realism, 🙂 Don't sweat it, man. Sadly, a lot of people have this kind of confusion so some of these pointers would clear it up for a lot of unexperienced people. No judgement here, just educating.

Why people are touchy with the PD/SD paychecks? Let's be real, economy will always be broken, doesn't matter which community go to, its simple impossible to build a solid & realistic economy, there has to be a compromise. You get shit pay in real world working long hours, 12 hour shift and get nothing after paying off debts. It has to be bit laid off here, not to mention.. almost 60 percent of people on here are probably visiting poker games to triple or quadriple their earnings, and they don't really care about how they gotten that cash or how. Let's be real here, poker systems always just been a cash-boost for people, its hardly role-played properly, that's why you got random people going in with 10k but walking out with 500k. Like.. c'mon, you wanna talk about cops paychecks, let's address way more serious matter on another topic. 

Not to mention, if you do see a police officer driving off duty ford explorer type of car or anything that's brand new and expensive, doesn't necessary mean they are role-playing "owning it" maybe they role-play having down-payments on it , taking it in a loan. You ever tried to ask them that? And most US build cars aren't that expensive, they get expensive once they are exported overseas , but a lot of young officers (20-30) are known for having Challengers, Mustangs and etc.. they are young, you know? Slowly with age and all that stuff, they lose interest in those rides, but reason why you might see of the officers have those kind of cars, its because they are well..young and ambition filled, plus that's they pick up chicks - nice car and all that, gotta be realistic here. I even see Corvette's parked outside police precincts that was owned by a cop. Cops got personal life's as well, and they live off loans like everybody else, they aren't exactly making 5 dollars an hour, you know? A lot of officers are doing over-times because there is always requirement for addition experience cop on the shift and with them grinding out 12-16 hour shifts a day, they can afford a decent car. Not a lambo or ferrari of course, but a semi-sport ride.

That's like me asking, why does a fast food worker owns a fully modified Nissan R34? Because he is grinding out long ass hours and builds his car on his free time, a car that's pushing close to six figures in values. And that's a fast food worker. 

I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but you guys need to live the real world for a minute before you open up an argument and end up making yourself like a... fool. Or at least little decency to "Google" something you aren't familiar with. Because this whole PD corruption topic which turned into a cop questioning & bashing, ain't going anywhere.

Edited by Castel_Ramirez