Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

42 minutes ago, Katja said:

Y'know, char development, story arcs, fun RP opportunities....could be reason for wanting to play a corrupt cop on a heavy RP server.

Exactly as I said because the RP of the character is ambitious he wants more and more.

8 minutes ago, Katja said:

Right, but I'm still failing to see how script money should be a hinderance to someone's desire to RP a certain way.

It shouldn’t it’s just ambition. That’s what I said and it happens IRL as well people want more and more.

3 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

The last part was unecessary in a healthy discussion since it can provoke uneducated individuals. Telling you this for future reference when dealing with people.

Now again 40k, 😂 you said it. And that is a ton of money weekly. 

Considering a mechanic can earn about 50k in a few hours, easily, it really isn’t much. 

3 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

The last part was unecessary in a healthy discussion since it can provoke uneducated individuals. Telling you this for future reference when dealing with people.

Now again 40k, 😂 you said it. And that is a ton of money weekly. 

Hi. Just to clarify. That's 42k for a maximum of 20 hours every seven days. So, to get that 42k, you have to actually play for 20 hours in that 7 day period.  It's not a flat payment every week. And if you play for less than that, you only get $2100 for every hour put in.  Just so noone thinks people are making money hand over fist at  the baseline rank for the PD.

Edited by Sam2
1 minute ago, Sam2 said:

Hi. Just to clarify. That's 42k for a maximum of 20 hours every seven days. So, to get that 42k, you have to actually play for 20 hours in that 7 day period.  It's not a flat payment every week. And if you play for less than that, you only get $2100 for every hour put in.  Just so noone thinks people are making money hand over fist at  the baseline rank for the PD.

The misconception occurs where LEO characters tend to have more wealth than others. A lot (subjectively) long term police characters have accumulated well over a million dollars, most well over the three quarters. A simple answer would be that police characters tend to not spend more than they earn. Most use their wealth to purchase the car they want, the property they need and a few other attributes they’d like for their character. Beyond that there isn’t a need to spend, they’re roleplaying police officers and not much else. Comparing this to most criminals who have to spend a lot

to make money, or businesses in the same boat, it’s easy to misunderstand the paycheck as free money. It’s not free money. 

• Upvote 1

@Shrike Well you see. Your response is actually something convincing and now I have a clearer point of view on how you see things. What I want from you is to understand how I see thing and why I jump to the conclusion.  I drop my case tho...you're right. 

Edited by Gambler
3 minutes ago, Gambler said:

@Shrike Well you see. Your response is actually something convincing and now I have a clearer point of view on how you see things. 
What I want from you is to understand how I see thing and why I jump to the conclusion below in the quote

Let me give you an example. It happened 2 days ago.

I get pulled over. I ask why. No answer but  just "License and registration please." I had no registration and fairly enough he scolds with words and tells me to register immediately. I ask again. "Why was I pulled over?". I get an answer, "You had no registration, that's why."  I think to myself, "but that doesn't make sense ICly, unless he knew I had no registration because he scans every single plate without RP to pick up on stuff like this."

Now in my head I line up my options and think about what to do. 

1)Report the player for probably scanning my plate without RP? 
2)Report IC for no proper reason to be pulled over. LIke at least he could've said "Routine".
3)Continue happily where I was headed after just getting away with few dollars on insurance.

Option one and two, appeal to much as such a chore, that I don't want to do, cause I deal with it everyday in real life. The effort they require will just make me close the game and focus on forums. And personally, I'm not the type of person to be recording my gameplay or screenshoot all the time, in order to ambush poor roleplay and report it. I don't spend much time on forums (as you might've noticed took me 18hours to see this).
I agree with you tho', option one and two are the right thing to do, in order to improve quality and help everyone. 
Despite that, I go with option number three, the easiest. Brush it off, nothing happened. No roleplay impact on me nor the officer. Just a few dollars. Just avoid them next time, not worth the time.
Another example would be the protests. I'd love to go to protests or riots. But I don't. Cause everytime I go there, the ratio between PD and server population turns into 1/3 of it being PD. That makes me think, -"Well this is not fun. The ratio here is 1 cop per protester". Considering a good chunk doesn't show up of course, and the others get on their PD chars. 

Now considering what I said from my point of view...can you blame me for trying to minimise interaction with PD in order to improve /MY OWN/ rolepaly experience? Not trying to be selfish or arrogant but, I feel it's not my job to report these cases. These people make it through applications, and interviews and trainings. 

I'd like emphasise on how much more articulate your argument was though. It provided a point of view for me to better understand.  I hope you understand where I'm coming from as well. I also hope that you'd understand the fact that everyone talks from the perspective of their own experiences.

The LSSD and LSPD use an auto license plate reader (ALPR). For the most part basic patrol units are not allowed to use this. It's typically only traffic, SWAT/SEB and DB. It was likely a traffic unit that pulled you over.

6 minutes ago, Kaz said:

The LSSD and LSPD use an auto license plate reader (ALPR). For the most part basic patrol units are not allowed to use this. It's typically only traffic, SWAT/SEB and DB. It was likely a traffic unit that pulled you over.

Then why ask license and registration to begin with, or not answer my first question? The point still stands.

Edited by Gambler