Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

4 hours ago, Glitch said:

Uhm... are you sure about that? My character gets paid 40k/week and there’s no other way for my character to make money. Our character’s paychecks are limited to 20hrs/week. Real life week. 

do your research before making baseless claims. 

The last part was unecessary in a healthy discussion since it can provoke uneducated individuals. Telling you this for future reference when dealing with people.

Now again 40k, 😂 you said it. And that is a ton of money weekly. 

4 hours ago, cracked said:

By the way, is the IA of SD and PD corrupt? It seems like it's corrupt and just doesn't care about videos of beatings and gross misconduct etc.

From what I understand and its pretty much an un-written rule, IA personnel cannot have bias or be corrupt, I know for a fact - it takes time for them to go through the complaints, they need to reach out to all the parties, discuss it with the high ups, chat with the lower rank individual about it, get all the facts straight before they act on it. Because lot of time people love to edit out videos and ignore the "Beginning" they only show the "Part when cops are in action" but there is no beginning. 

But if you haven't gotten an responds , it doesn't necessary mean they are ignoring you or are corrupt, maybe a lot of other stuff got in the way and they forgot to get back at you, are on a 700 player community and I bet the law enforcement high ups get spammed by constant requests, complaints. 

If I were you, if you haven't gotten any updates - simply contact the civilian division and ask them about the process and what's going on, if they won't give you anything solid, just go public. Post the video in the IC sections and expose whatever happened. I mean, look..some guy got shot in a club by a security guard that's part of the G6 and whole community took notice soon as it went public. People used face.browser and forum IC sections, not to mention the advertisements. They published the matter and whole world took notice, so to speak..why not just do the same to get the justice? Or even better, hire a lawyer and have them file lawsuits instead. That's gonna impact it even heavier. There are other alternatives, but it should be last resort if you willing to give the department a chance to improve the mistake of that law enforcement officer. 

That simple. And like I said before, everyone in law enforcement agencies are people..just like you, and of course maybe they'll try to cover up tracks for one of their own who done amazing work in his career as a peace officer, it goes both ways in organized crimes and gangs, when your "homie" does something messed up, but he is a good earner and loyal, you gonna stand by him and execute the rest who tries to mess with him, rarely happens that a member who is a huge asset gets character killed, you can't expect law enforcement to be all goody-goody two shoes here, you know? If you can't get through the departments channels, go public, get a lawyer and file a lawsuit.

Why don't people show more attention to the lawyers , attorney role-play and such? Sure, it takes time and it could be a headache to go through forum-court cases, but its the only way and you could probably end up with decent settlement  Otherwise, this is why lawyer role-play is inactive and barley surviving, because no one uses it and doesn't give it that powerful purpose!! 

Edited by Castel_Ramirez

I think to keep police / Sheriff's department in anyway credible, it stands to reason that those handling complaints can't be allowed to be corrupt - and when I say corrupt, I mean the official ignoring legitimate complaints, partaking in fraudulent behavior, serious crime or allowing there faction members to get away with breaches of employee conduct etc. (i.e. not taking a hit of weed at the weekend).

The reason for this & the same for other legal factions is quite simple - while every player wanting to play a corrupt / bent cop, thinks their idea is unique and original, I can assure you that factions get these requests multiple times per week, and if it was allowed unchecked, it wouldn't take long before entire departments were corrupt and run in entirely unrealistic ways & you'd suddenly have LSPD being run like it was the mafia etc, which is entirely unrealistic in the modern world.

Just now, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I think to keep police / Sheriff's department in anyway credible, it stands to reason that those handling complaints can't be allowed to be corrupt - and when I say corrupt, I mean the official ignoring legitimate complaints, partaking in fraudulent behavior, serious crime or allowing there faction members to get away with breaches of employee conduct etc. (i.e. not taking a hit of weed at the weekend).

The reason for this & the same for other legal factions is quite simple - while every player wanting to play a corrupt / bent cop, thinks their idea is unique and original, I can assure you that factions get these requests multiple times per week, and if it was allowed unchecked, it wouldn't take long before entire departments were corrupt and run in entirely unrealistic ways & you'd suddenly have LSPD being run like it was the mafia etc, which is entirely unrealistic in the modern world.

I'm pretty sure Internal Affairs in the LSSD aren't allowed to be corrupt.

3 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I think to keep police / Sheriff's department in anyway credible, it stands to reason that those handling complaints can't be allowed to be corrupt

3 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I'm pretty sure Internal Affairs in the LSSD aren't allowed to be corrupt.

Correct. SD IA is barred from being corrupt.

2 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

They are not, as other people have pointed out.

Those in charge of and taking part in Internal Affairs activities are in no way, shape or form allowed to roleplay corrupt. However, this does not mean your complaint will magically lead to an arrest within the hour.

Some of these complaints take investigation, investigation may take time. For example, two deputies were arrested yesterday for a complaint dated December 7th. I am afraid these investigations take time and it is not always in the department's best interests to be transparent with the reporting party, but complaints surely do not get ignored or thrown out if they are valid.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

These people are payed a ton not sure why they would need to be corrupt. Y Of course ambition perhaps. But they even earn more than an analyst at the biggest capital management firm in LS...

Y'know, char development, story arcs, fun RP opportunities....could be reason for wanting to play a corrupt cop on a heavy RP server.

Just had to throw in a few words for @Gambler here, and to really branch off the very kind and patient words of @Cascade. You will never know the variety of the LSPD's player-base if you do not attempt meaningful interactions with them when the opportunity and roleplay circumstances present themselves. There will always be people who roleplay, respond or negotiate the playing field of roleplay in a way you do not like, but that is never limited to the LSPD as a LEO faction. That's all factions. Speaking as someone who has interacted with a whole bunch through various characters, I can attest to that much. There's (very) good, bad and downright ugly woven in every single one. That's unavoidable in a server that boasts these numbers, and all we can really do to combat poor roleplay is to report it and lead by a better example.

If you're wondering why the LSPD tends to pop up in threads concerning RP quality, or something-something robocop? That'll be because they are (or rather were) the go-to responding legal faction. Even now, by and large, they're thick on the ground on the server. They're the first-responders and it's not just to roleplay as you or I might know it, but to altercations between players, where we wait out admin-sits, or deal with poor roleplay or no-RP crime and driving, etc. Calls can be recurring. back to back, to scenes of a similar nature, a whole evening of roleplay dealing with the fallout of others where character development is really on the backseat because a cop-character is not just playing a cop, but performing inside a role that the server has necessitated with oodles of crime - which for the record, I'm not admonishing. Crime is fun/interesting/creates roleplay, but we also have to recognise there's going to be drawbacks and consequence to its volume. These situations can be combative in nature where players are left unhappy with the outcomes (cops and criminals and civilians alike), and so it's natural to expect pushback and backlash for that, or even to see LEOs responding a little nonchalantly to some of them. Any dominating LEO faction is going to experience this. A little understanding doesn't hurt and where real poor roleplay presents itself, deal with it in the moment or it'll never find a resolution.

So the suggestion you should simply avoid the LSPD as a whole is absurd to me, and considering how many go off-duty and do off-duty roleplay these days, it'll become increasingly more difficult to manage even if you try. Inform your opinion where you can. 

Edited by shrike.
  • Upvote 3