Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

Well see nowadays LSPD don't really dive into having human emotion when it comes to interacting with civilians because 90 - 95 percent of the server don't show any competence. And therefore LSPD don't really consider wasting their time trying to base their character development around dealing with their daily occurences. Because most of the stuff they encounter is people doing stuff that wouldn't make sense like shooting at cops because they got pulled over for failing to yield, and they're scared that the cops will see the guns and arrest em, however it makes no sense that they're carrying around a gun in the first place.

Anyway, long story short unless you actually role-play around the cops and show some form of actual character development they may put effort into role-playing with you and then maybe you can convince some of them to take a bribe or help you.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Phill said:

Well see nowadays LSPD don't really dive into having human emotion when it comes to interacting with civilians because 90 - 95 percent of the server don't show any competence. And therefore LSPD don't really consider wasting their time trying to base their character development around dealing with their daily occurences. Because most of the stuff they encounter is people doing stuff that wouldn't make sense like shooting at cops because they got pulled over for failing to yield, and they're scared that the cops will see the guns and arrest em, however it makes no sense that they're carrying around a gun in the first place.

Anyway, long story short unless you actually role-play around the cops and show some form of actual character development they may put effort into role-playing with you and then maybe you can convince some of them to take a bribe or help you.

This is very true, however, we are still expected to maintain a high standard no matter how good/bad the roleplayer in question is, for example what I do, if the character I'm RP'ing with doesn't provide any emotion, my character just acts upon that, if the persons showing no emotion, not really trying to talk to my character, my character will just slap them with the max fine for a traffic stop, purely because he hates not being spoken back to. Just that sort of stuff, hope that made sense.

EDIT: To also add, I would recommend reporting the Officers if you think their RP was really below par of what is expected. Or if you have genuinely seen an officer act in such manner.

Edited by JeffMan3
  • Upvote 1

You guys should try to role-play with them, maybe even go on a "ride-along" first, before you'd judge their role-play..and correct me if I'm wrong, if you see anyone (not only police players) driving around exotic vehicles meanwhile being in a public servant lively stage, you can file a complaint via forums and the staff team gonna handle it. 

I'm not gonna agree nor disagree , I personally haven't seen it happen..but you should simply file a report and concern if its true. 

@Ronnie two poles  because, you need to take one thing into a factor. Police / Sheriffs are all players..they are people like everyone else, and maybe some of them aren't as creative and passion filled as others, but they can learn and adapt like everyone else. All you need to do is go through proper channels and have them get modified , but bashing ain't the way to go about it. If you ask me, 70 percent of criminal role-play makes no sense and most of the time they just turn it into a weird OOC scene. So what gives, bro? Go through proper channels about those issues and try to take a ride along, see how it actually is in the police roleplayers perspective. 

I've noticed you guys been saying that police role-players are "emotion-less", thing is.. its not that police roleplayers wish to do it, issue is. The players often just wanna kill a cop, or demand him to bring the weapons & drugs..and all that crap in nature, the thing is, corruption is difficult to get a hang of these days. This ain't your average 80's or early 2000's. We live in 2021 , and if you know bit about law enforcement , the Internal Affairs cracked down on a lot of law breaking officers, IA became real publicly-open and they take "every" complaint seriously. 

Law enforcement have cameras and almost every subject engagement, they have to activate the body-cameras. Its not only for citizens protection and safety , its for the officers. As it may assist in investigation if something happens to the peace officer. If officer doesn't turn the camera and there is an complaint to IA about the circumstance, the IA will start asking question, how come the camera wasn't on during this situation, specially when there was two officers and neither of cameras were on, you know? Its pretty much impossible for officers to do anything illegal without whole world knowing it, back in early 2000's..maybe, but in a digital era, corruption simply crushed.

The corruption most of you are thinking is, data base, intel on raids and etc.. that does not happen, because its way too easy to get caught. You might see it in TV shows or movies, but corruption like that doesn't fly anymore.  I know a lot of countries got road blocks and they demand bribes from people , but that doesn't fly like that in U.S.A. Its way too supervised and moderated, cameras almost on every mobile vehicle, officer himself , checkpoint cameras..you name it. You guys need to forget about corrupt cops, you wanna be on top of the game? Get a good lawyer who gonna educate you on criminal acts of avoiding being purged by the police, criminals now-days don't care about having "Cops on a pay roll" this ain't 60's cigarette truck jacking and you can pay off cops how you all got your imagination from Goodfellas scene. Yes, movie pop culture takes huge toll in role-play communities, inspirations and wanting to be the bad ass you seen on screen, but that shit..simply, does not happen..not the extreme stuff, specially when the Mobile Data Base is heavily moderated and its easy to notice who was the last officer checking in the data base and whom, and when..and where. Units equipped with the GPS as well, so yeah... take all this in and tell me, how can they be corrupt without being caught in 24 hours.

And the most important part, you can't force police role-players to do corruption thing, it'd be the same if..law enforcement would demand law-breaker side to stop provoking, shooting without a reason, causing stupid scenes. Will that ever be taken into consideration? Don't think so, nor will you care because it doesn't "affect you" and you don't know the dude. Pretty much I can reply you with the same answer, police role-players are not obligated to role-play corrupt because some "mob" wants to have their realistic ethics. Be fair gentlemen , people decide what they wish to role-play, it just up to them to figure it out how they wish to play it out. 🙂

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Too many of them are trying to RP "End of Watch" after being off duty at the latest multi millionaire nightclub driving their $350,000 car, to even think about RPing such a unique character dev. such as being corrupt. 

Last time I checked, their salaries are monitored so unlikely they'd drive such expensive car.

14 hours ago, Chuck Lee said:

These people are payed a ton not sure why they would need to be corrupt. Y Of course ambition perhaps. But they even earn more than an analyst at the biggest capital management firm in LS...

Uhm... are you sure about that? My character gets paid 40k/week and there’s no other way for my character to make money. Our character’s paychecks are limited to 20hrs/week. Real life week. 

do your research before making baseless claims. 

Edited by Glitch
2 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Too many of them are trying to RP "End of Watch" after being off duty at the latest multi millionaire nightclub driving their $350,000 car, to even think about RPing such a unique character dev. such as being corrupt. 

Hmm... No? Not to mention that a car’s OOC script value shouldn’t matter all that much given their real life counterparts since you know, this is a heavy RP server and we aim for realism. 

My character drives a Buffalo S which in game costs over 150-200k, unsure. However, the real life equivalent is a 2014 Charger where the average price is 16-30k, depending on condition, miles, etc. 

are you trying to say every single member of the PD should drive the cheapest car scriptwise to satisfy your vision of what is realistic?

please refrain from bashing others with such baseless claims. 

4 minutes ago, cracked said:

By the way, is the IA of SD and PD corrupt? It seems like it's corrupt and just doesn't care about videos of beatings and gross misconduct etc.

To answer your previously asked question again: No, the Internal Affairs Bureau of the LSSD is not corrupt and they can't be OOC wise. 

Just because you are not aware of something doesn't mean that it is not being investigated. Most, if not all, investigations are done without the IAB personnel or the complainant knowing. 

I'll quote Jonesy who has quoted your previously asked question and answered it: ''And as for Internal Affairs, in no way shape or form can our internal affairs group be "corrupt". I welcome any evidence being sent over and the Executive Staff and myself will handle it promptly.''

Edited by Tseard