Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Not trying to be funny but this weird wink-wink nudge-nudge lack of transparency is what has people confused and misinformed most of the time, on-going investigations I can understand but this "heh if ya know ya know 😉" in response to something I'm assuming you're trying to say is wrong is confusing me, at least inform us so we know instead of leaving it in the open?

"Didn't" implies this was in the past so hey, no harm in letting people know. 

Well firstly it was a direct reply to Fusco to just state that what he said wasn't strictly true.  The wink was because I know Fusco and I guess I was trying to be funny?

No I'm not going to tell you who had corruption perms because that's to find out in rp not something to be told ooc. I'm sorry but that really isn't anyone's business but the people who chose that rp. 

And to your last point, I'm not in PD anymore. However I was in the time scale Fusco gave, hence the "didnt" but I mean why that's important I have no idea.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Cascade said:

No I'm not going to tell you who had corruption perms because that's to find out in rp not something to be told ooc. I'm sorry but that really isn't anyone's business but the people who chose that rp. 

Never asked for names, neither did the post you was replying to, all I wanted was some vague estimate on numbers - numbers you acted as if you knew.

SD's transparency and willingness to answer these sort of questions goes along way in raising trust between illegal and legal factions/groups, PD always has seemed to have this "something to hide" vibe when anything is brought up OOC and I'm not too sure why.

OOC circles maybe? I don't know. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST

Not to bash on anything or anyone, but even vague numbers about corruption within LSSD or LSPD may lead to some heavy metagaming and I believe PD is simply not taking any chances at this. Which is only their right of course. After all they, do not have to address such questions.

19 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

PD always has seemed to have this "something to hide" vibe when anything is brought up OOC and I'm not too sure why.

OOC circles maybe? I don't know. 

I'm pretty sure most people(myself included) don't know what we should and shouldn't be sharing, and considering the punishment for "leaking" information is removal from the faction, I imagine they're just trying to play it safe.

As far as corruption perms go, it could be just a case of no one knowing who actually has them, because I sure don't!

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

With all due respect, this might be the dumbest thing I've read on my entire time on this forum. 

Really? Honestly it's their roleplay right? Unless you are part of their story, why should they discuss it with others? I could ask you to give me rough count of gang numbers you have if any. Would you tell me? If so why? Why do I need to know it? I don't.

All I am saying though, is that corruption within LSSD and LSPD is pretty sensitive topic, which shouldn't be discussed publicly. It is a matter for LSPD and LFM.

Edited by Engelbert

I'd agree with the idea, knowing the lists myself, that corruption is low. I think the SD is more well-known for it as they have clearly defined tiers and I'd say the split in SD is probably 50-50 between tier 0 and tier 1 (minor corruption).

I agree with what Bospy said a few posts back about "corrupt for the sake of being corrupt", you need to consider how much power an LEO has on a scene, they can enhance your character or destroy weeks of development in a simple action so, if you're role-playing a corrupt deputy or police officer and you're just being a dick for the sake of being one and going out of your way to impact a scene negatively, I wouldn't say that's a good thing for the server to have. Rather than enhancing your character or enhancing the scene, the more likely scenario is that you're just coming off as a bit of a jerk.

With this in mind, any big changes to the corruption systems of either faction needs to be carefully considered to avoid running into the issue above. Legal Faction Management has been fairly hands-off with how the LEO factions handle corruption, although changes have been certainly discussed recently actually. In order for us to facilitate this, any changes to the corruption permissions will have to satisfy both of the following; would this change enhance the faction(s) effected? Would these changes positively impact illegal roleplay?

A difficult one for sure but a good question to bring up, I'll be back if there's any updates on this! Although again I find myself agreeing with Bospy, right now there's a little too much corruption at the minor level, and very little in the middle-top levels.

Edited by HaveADream