Corrupt LSPD

TomRom97

I'm just here to spark some conversation. I think my point is pretty self explanatory, but why aren't corrupt cops allowed?

I think it adds an extra dimension to illegal rp, and they do indeed exist in real life. RIght now the LSPD is something that comes very close to resembling an army of robo cops, so I think adding some flaws to the system will help balance everything out. For example bribing a cop to get out of a traffic stop. Now I'm not saying that this couldn't easily be abused, but I do think, that with certain rules in place it would be a fun and interesting concept to rp. I don't want to drag this out, because I want to leave room for discussion, so here you go.

Most minor corruption is allowed for the LSPD without corruption perms. Small abuse, voiding some crimes, looking the other way on some things, drug abuse to a certain extent - things like that. However, if you wanna go anywhere above the line, maybe beat someone extremely bad? Do an on purpose bad shooting? Ya gonna need permission from the higher ups.

6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Corrupt cops are allowed.

Next question?

5 minutes ago, Mitch said:

who says they arent

Well damn I guess I didn't do enough research.

I guess my question now shifts to why is it so rare. I've literally never seen it

1 minute ago, kirbyz said:

Certain corruption is allowed.

I’ll have to disagree with you saying they’re robocops, though. The LSPD has some of the best role play I’ve ever seen.

You should join them and do some corruption role play though.

That was more of a figure of speech, but I think that the whole PD is a bit over powered at this point. It wasn't aiming at the quality of the rp but more so at how many pd officers are out there and surveiling the streets. I mean I've seen twetny cruisers pull up for a fist fight

I would if I had the time

Just now, Pillsbury said:

Most minor corruption is allowed for the LSPD without corruption perms. Small abuse, voiding some crimes, looking the other way on some things, drug abuse to a certain extent - things like that. However, if you wanna go anywhere above the line, maybe beat someone extremely bad? Do an on purpose bad shooting? Ya gonna need permission from the higher ups.

Okay thanks a lot.

I guess what prompted me to post this has been cleared out so you may archive this at any point if it doesn't remain active

I had a guy from LSPD stopped me a while ago, but then a second later asking for my info, for some weird reasons I don't know either, he said "I gotta respond to a call" and went in their cruiser, turned lights and sirens and drove away. I then followed the cruiser for a bit after only a couple of intersections, seeing the vehicle in non emergency state like nothing happened.