Faceapp

WatchingEye

I don't think there was a discussion topic on this, I frankly didn't check but I wanna see what's the community's stand on the use of Faceapp for IC photos. I got inspired by @Fireworks's topic Ban the usage of FaceApp IC, and gave an opinion on that. Now I just wanna see what's the general opinion regarding it. Personally i think it's pretty cringy, but it's more of an IC issue and if I was to do it, i'd call people out ICly for doing it, now the problem is that some people that use the app will counter argue with the fact you can't get X, Y and Z in the game, with menyoo or even mods, which in all fairness to them is a valid argument, but doesn't prevent you from using the app ICly just like people probably do IRL. 

EDIT: With this post I mean to have a discussion about the use of Facepp and what you think about it, and I think I was pretty clear about my own opinion, but I shall repeat, I don't care and I'll merely just poke fun at someone ICly for it if I really want to. 

Edited by WatchingEye
Added EDIT:
Just now, Shaderz said:

"Because it's cringe" is not a valid reason to ban it.

If you've got a problem with people using it IC, call them out for it IC. I assure you that's more eye-opening to them than enforcing a new OOC rule.

I in fact don’t agree with the ban it statement 

It's a substitute for photoshop skill.

It's better than a bunch of photos of a resting bitch face like we're in a citywide remake of the American Gothic. It injects a little variety even if you don't have the skill (or want to spend the time) to create a smile or what have you.

Besides, have you seen how bad the facial expressions in-game look?

FeelsEdMan.png.16e151e1fa6022bc3fc8cb6097b311ec.png

Edited by Smilesville
  • Upvote 2

i think, with any post on facebrowser that is made to be sexual in any way, is cringe as fuck. But it should be allowed, because e-thots exist IRL. If Eugene wants to roleplay as an e-thot then let him and roast the shit out of his e-thot character. 

Like, when I very first saw facebrowser I loved the idea and the concept until I realized its a bunch of people paying REAL CURRENCY to get their posts shown above everyone elses and it killed the vibe for me. Especially when of all things u can use that power for, you use it to show ur characters titties with the hair just so happening to hide the nips. Shit's weird to me.

Edited by Juicebox.
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Juicebox. said:

i think, with any post on facebrowser that is made to be sexual in any way, is cringe as fuck. But it should be allowed, because e-thots exist IRL. If Eugene wants to roleplay as an e-thot then let him and roast the shit out of his e-thot character. 

Like, when I very first saw facebrowser I loved the idea and the concept until I realized its a bunch of people paying REAL CURRENCY to get their posts shown above everyone elses and it killed the vibe for me. Especially when of all things u can use that power for, you use it to show ur characters titties with the hair just so happening to hide the nips. Shit's weird to me.

Censorship on FB has reached such a point that uploading a simple photo in a bikini is cause for deletion, people have such thin skin that they are offended by a 3D model that doesnt exist, which is ridiculous, not only that, those fine skin also annoys people, in this case the female characters, they are "offended"  in they way of some people describe their chars physique without describing the intimate parts of the body, even worse, that same people report other people that they are lost on the fifth planet of the map for offensive RP when they haven't written a damn /me

21 minutes ago, BigSmileLing said:

Censorship on FB has reached such a point that uploading a simple photo in a bikini is cause for deletion, people have such thin skin that they are offended by a 3D model that doesnt exist, which is ridiculous, not only that, those fine skin also annoys people, in this case the female characters, they are "offended"  in they way of some people describe their chars physique without describing the intimate parts of the body, even worse, that same people report other people that they are lost on the fifth planet of the map for offensive RP when they haven't written a damn /me

I think the whole thing is ridiculous but once again when theres actual money involved that's what ya get