Tasers [G]

2 hours ago, Sixty said:

As many of us have suggested and agreed, ordinary civilians shouldn’t have access. It should however be open for discussion to be approved for security companies to have them through LFM strictly for use while on-duty as a security guard. Surely you could adjust the taser’s settings the way you adjust other weapons to address part of the other issues you mentioned.

:shrug: - if there is a way, full send. I dont know though.

@Sharvit What are your thoughts? Would love to hear your opinion on the modified suggestion below:

• Don't allow civilians to acquire/purchase/use tasers (as it is already).
  • Do allow security companies to have their guards use tasers only while on active duty. Maybe somehow have it scripted to where it can only be equipped if they are on shift?

Obviously this can come with someone abusing it, but that's what rules are for. Current game mechanics make it very hard to portray how a security breach/threat would happen realistically. Look at the Fantasia incident. Everyone runs the same speed so it's an endless game of cat and mouse until someone gets tired and pulls a firearm out. Having a non-lethal option for guards to use strictly while on duty? Sounds like a step in the right direction.

Edited by Sixty

Well, no, tasers won't be given to the general public and that's not really will be open for discussion unless Nervous says otherwise. 

What we will end up with is people driving around in full black clothes on a sportsbike robbing people with a taser with one simple silent shot, and this is a work load we are not going to bring upon the staff team.

I am not sure when it comes to guards as there is no viable way atm to implement it and I assume it will take some decent work from the dev team to do so. 

This will be brought up for discussion with Nervous.

Until a decision is made, locking this topic. 

Edited by Sharvit
  • Upvote 1