What happened to the Davis LTD?

RoyalPainter

3 minutes ago, Edelweiss206 said:

Well yes, you can make the arguement that it's their choice to go to the LTD and RP there, the other problem is that you DIDNT have the choice to go to the others. If you went to any NPC/Script store it'd tell you to go to the open one, but if I remember a person ALSO couldn't open another general store up, if someone opened Davis LTD then that was it, you had to go there.

From all the fuckin' war stories you hear about the place and because of this specific issue where if it opened you had no actual choice to go there, (some for ooc reasons, not just RP) and everyone being herded to Davis. It wasn't an LTD, it was a PubG

Well see that's the thing, if that was one of the reason why it was closed then why is it not opened now? If I'm not mistake multiple LTD's may be opened at once now without a problem... 

As for the war stories and the PubG reference,  The LTD is just a location the problem lies in the people committing the crime not where it happened. The problem wasn't solved by closing the LTD if we are being total honest here its gotten worse now since the PubG killing as you called it has spread more throughout the city to places where it shouldn't even be. 

7 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

If you bothered to read my post, I never mentioned illegal RP because his had zero to do with illegal RP as the high volume of the daily firefights that occurred there had little to no RP behind them.

If you're idea of criminal RP is deathmatching or bait RP, i.e. 

X: 'Yo, Moron'.

Y: 'Who you calling a Moron'?

X/Y: *shots fired*

Then you really should hang out with the many criminal RPers that actually, well, RP.

Unfortunately Davis LTD attracted these kind of players in large quantities. Having had a character in the midst of this as they were around the gangs in Grove Street who actually portrayed gang RP far better, I can assure you that many players of gangs found them a blight in the area.

"I never mentioned illegal RP because his had zero to do with illegal RP as the high volume of the daily firefights that occurred there had little to no RP behind them" Were you personally involved in any of these instances? Do you have a character from South Los Santos currently? I regret to inform you the server doesn't revolve around you, you can't determine it had 'little to no RP behind it' if you weren't involved, simple as. A lot of the time roleplay that takes place on the server has some backstories and lore that only individuals (or factions) involved would know of. In my opinion, most of the time unjustified killings happen by some pf license holder driving a pink vehicle of sorts.

8 minutes ago, blast said:

Well see that's the thing, if that was one of the reason why it was closed then why is it not opened now? If I'm not mistake multiple LTD's may be opened at once now without a problem... 

As for the war stories and the PubG reference,  The LTD is just a location the problem lies in the people committing the crime not where it happened. The problem wasn't solved by closing the LTD if we are being total honest here its gotten worse now since the PubG killing as you called it has spread more throughout the city to places where it shouldn't even be. 

Yeah I get that it's spread out, but the overall volume has gotten better. I'm not sure if the script has been fixed as I typically avoid the general stores. So I don't know if players can open up more than one of the same store, if they can, I don't see why it shouldn't be reopened. 

I get the whole "Don't bring a flashy car to Davis." But the problem was I could be up in Paletto and need fuel, pull up to a station on the COMPLETE OPPOSITE END OF THE MAP and the system would go "Nawh go refuel at the place that's open :)"

tHat's why people get upset about the "Lol don't be mallrats at Davis" arguement. When 90% of the RP they got was:

drive up to Davis and go straight to the pump

/fuel

then someone would sprint up in the downtime and drop the whole "Get out and run yo pockets."

If they didn't have to go to Davis, sure, I'd say that's fine, but everyone didn't have a choice.  And everyone knew they didn't have a choice. 

Edited by Edelweiss206
16 minutes ago, Yerrr said:

"I never mentioned illegal RP because his had zero to do with illegal RP as the high volume of the daily firefights that occurred there had little to no RP behind them" Were you personally involved in any of these instances? Do you have a character from South Los Santos currently? I regret to inform you the server doesn't revolve around you, you can't determine it had 'little to no RP behind it' if you weren't involved, simple as. A lot of the time roleplay that takes place on the server has some backstories and lore that only individuals (or factions) involved would know of. In my opinion, most of the time unjustified killings happen by some pf license holder driving a pink vehicle of sorts.

Yep, I was involved and witnessed many with my own eyes. The daily shootings, RP that cleaned it up, frequently the players reporting each other, followed by admins and subsequent jails / admin action.

Wasn't really a legal vs illegal issue, it was just terrible RP quality & judging by the number of admin actions taken in the area, staff would agree too.

The place was a blight on the RP in the area to anyone actually wanting heavy RP, ganglife or otherwise.

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

If you bothered to read my post, I never mentioned illegal RP because his had zero to do with illegal RP as the high volume of the daily firefights that occurred there had little to no RP behind them.

If you're idea of criminal RP is deathmatching or bait RP, i.e. 

X: 'Yo, Moron'.

Y: 'Who you calling a Moron'?

X/Y: *shots fired*

Then you really should hang out with the many criminal RPers that actually, well, RP.

Unfortunately Davis LTD attracted these kind of players in large quantities. Having had a character in the midst of this as they were around the gangs in Grove Street who actually portrayed gang RP far better, I can assure you that many players of gangs found them a blight in the area.

I’m sorry I don’t want to judge but I don’t think it’s very fair to assume all illegal roleplayers are like the ones in the LTD, if anything a lot of gang rpers condemned some of the attitude of some roleplayers there. I just think it’s funny the people who drive around in sports car and have PF licenses are the ones saying grouping all illegal roleplayers.

At the end of the day I never saw a legal roleplayer get what he didn’t deserve, I remember several times of legal roleplayers needlessly provoking groups of known gang members, in my opinion? Literally just get out your car and go into the store and get your stuff and just drive off. Don’t stop walking even if someone is trying to talk to you. Easy as that.

8 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

The place was a blight on the RP in the area to anyone actually wanting heavy RP, ganglife or otherwise.

I RPd for a month or so as a clerk at the LTD (as well as at the Strawberry 24-7). Many of the roleplayers were excellent, and the verbal interactions between them just outside the door were hilarious and fascinating - or at least, those bits of them that I actually understood.

But then there were the constant shootouts, violence, and attacks in the car-park. And by constant, I mean that every single time I RPd there someone ended up on the ground and we had to call for medical help. We even had people RPing attacking each other with axes inside the store.

It's a shame that the good gang roleplayers lost a focal point for their RP, but it also made sense to me when the admins shut it down.

Edited by Greyfeather
grammar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic