Ban the usage of FaceApp IC

Fireworks

Do agree it looks weird but hey, so do the numerous attempts to photoshop IRL baggies of weed in to IC screenshots and the recent trend of photoshopping IRL model's clothes on to GTA characters.

Borderline IC work-around so take it as you will but you could just block them if it's really that bad - I just use FB to buy crack now anyway so what the hell do I know. 

12 hours ago, Fireworks said:

I'm finding the use of FaceApp for IC photos extremely unrealistic, it's altering the lore of the game to make an image more realistic than it should be.

The usage of this app is very immersion breaking and feel that there should be a stop put to it.

Have you not seen Snapchat or Instagram filters? Photoshopped magazine covers where models look completely unrealistic? You can also use FaceApp in real life to alter your appearance and post that on social media if you want to. There's nothing immersion breaking or wrong about using it. If people want to use it, so what? This is an IC matter.

Edited by Sixty

People always use terrible filters ICly, I mean you can go on one of your old teachers Facebooks and see the exact same things with terrible filters. I'd say calling them out ICly for it is reasonable since there are lots of ways to make characters smile with the help of Menyoo, as long as you know how. 

13 minutes ago, nateX said:

People always use terrible filters ICly, I mean you can go on one of your old teachers Facebooks and see the exact same things with terrible filters. I'd say calling them out ICly for it is reasonable since there are lots of ways to make characters smile with the help of Menyoo, as long as you know how. 

can't get a full smile afaik

I counter with stop complaining about FaceApp IC. We’re playing with emotionless dolls here. Some people aren’t good at photoshop and the FaceApp smiles come out well enough a lot of the time. Frankly, it’s more immersion breaking to me when I see someone say “lolfaceapp” or “lolphotoshop” than it is to just take it at face value and let people at least try to add a bit of individuality to otherwise nearly identical characters.

• Upvote 1

Mind your own business. Ridicule them IC if it really affects you to the point you may bust a hemorroid at the first sight of someone not looking like your GTA V character. I've done it before and it seems to have gotten a few people out of it, stop babyraging about someone looking plastic because I'mma remind you right now, this is supposed to portray Los Angeles, everyone is plastic there.

• Upvote 1