Ban the usage of FaceApp IC

Fireworks

18 hours ago, Fireworks said:

I've included some examples I've seen of how this is immersion breaking for the people posting that clearly don't have a clue what the original suggestion is even about, or what FaceApp even is.

Reveal hidden contents

nwdn_file_temp_16115859216692.jpg

FaceApp_1609577587986.png

IMG_20201119_085702.jpg

fb_c872dbf1aa3468598e5f5886ce89b544.jpg?fb_9c174bf33a064dfa71d36ac0365ae092.jpg

Bruh not sure where you got my pic. As I am sure it has never been posted on Facebrowser. This is the original pic that's actually on Facebrowser. I use FaceApp sometimes, even though I am not a fan of it, cause it degrades the image quality quite a lot. But if you noticed, my main issue is with GTA hair. Hairstyles in the game are just awful.

Spoiler

fb_2a93ede932e5578667b461b8474fdd3d.png

Edited by Engelbert

Make fun of them IC or just ignore. If Facebrowser is bothering you that much and what people post, you have multiple options like not actually using it, blocking people you don't want to see, stick to friend only etc. I don't like faceapp or photoshopped faces into real persons either but 🤷‍♂️ It is what it is.

Speaking of realism, look on Facebook or Instagram and you will be shocked to see how much fake stuff you'll see.

I agree that FaceApp images looks bad and terrifying, but I don't think we should ban it just because it's bad. What's the difference between FaceApp and Photoshop or Lightroom? essentially these are just tools that we could use, the differences lies between how far these people would go using them. I've seen people using photoshop to slap a real outfit into a gta character body but it's edited so well that it kinda fits into the game.

Clown them IC for using terrible app lmao.

Edited by mencurry
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
9 minutes ago, mencurry said:

I agree that FaceApp images looks bad and terrifying, but I don't think we should ban it just because it's bad. What's the difference between FaceApp and Photoshoop or Lightroom? essentially these are just tools that we could use, the differences lies between how far these people would go using them. I've seen people using photoshop to slap a real outfit into a gta character body but it's edited so well that it kinda fits into the game.

Clown them IC for using terrible app lmao.

This. People use photoshop and other apps to alter their images in real life. I don't see why it should be banned. Does it look weird and creepy? Yes. I dislike how faceapp makes everything HD, more unnatural than the built in expressions, same facial expression most of the time (perfect white teeth or the smile that goes across half of their face) . I'd just call them out IC for being a catfish, clown them. There's a lot of edited, weird images that look goofy on social media. 

No from me. This is a video game, if you can get around all of the other aspects, graphics, desync, typing, etc and still have immersion then I don't see how you can't manage to get around people posting pictures that your not forced to look at.

Edited by Odin

Not that big of a problem to need to ban it, not really a problem at all OOC. Are you saying FaceApp and Photoshop don’t exist in GTA W lore? lol.

Just cause you don’t like it doesn't mean it’s a problem that needs admin intervention. Menyoo next, is that cringe too? Cmon let people have their fun and try to make something at least less dead in the face and more customizable to their character. Its not hurting anything.

I don't agree with the radicality of straight up banning the use of Faceapp, I think that everyone that uses it though should at least come forth and say they're using it ICly for their photos, I feel like there's too many people that "claim" they look exactly like that in game but they don't.