Issue with textures/Texture loss [SP&RageMP]

trapezoid

Hey, not long ago I was facing the same issues with my game. The main reason why you're facing these issues is due to lack of RAM (RAGEMP requires almost 16GB ram to run properly without any glitches like texture loss). 

The other main reason would be HDD, texture streaming issues can occur due to having an age-old HDD as well.

Before you go ahead and upgrade your HDD, I suggest you try increasing your ram by adding another 8GB stick and see if it works out, which I'm pretty sure it will. I can say that from personal experience.

You might wanna get an SSD as well, to avoid random stutters in certain areas as well.

Hope the feedback helps.

Edited by Rohan.
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rohan. said:

Hey, not long ago I was facing the same issues with my game. The main reason why you're facing these issues is due to lack of RAM (RAGEMP requires almost 16GB ram to run properly without any glitches like texture loss). 

The other main reason would be HDD, texture streaming issues can occur due to having an age-old HDD as well.

Before you go ahead and upgrade your HDD, I suggest you try increasing your ram by adding another 8GB stick and see if it works out, which I'm pretty sure it will. I can say that from personal experience.

You might wanna get an SSD as well, to avoid random stutters in certain areas as well.

Hope the feedback helps.

Thank you so much, I was going to upgrade my ram soon anyways. Is there a chance that my CPU is the problem?

Your CPU should be good enough to run GTA, your GPU as well.

Although, I suggest tweaking down MSAA to either 2x or 0x and Grass Quality to normal for better performance overall.

Suggestion : Upgrade your CPU down the line if you can for better performance. RAGE uses unusual amount of resources compared to GTA SP or GTA O.

1 hour ago, Trapaidze said:

Thank you so much, I was going to upgrade my ram soon anyways. Is there a chance that my CPU is the problem?

• Upvote 1

While this may not 100% be the case for your computer, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not the RAM nor the HDD or CPU.

I've personally had to face two scenarios - my game running perfectly on very high settings, constant 60 frames per second or my game doing 20 FPS and having so many framedrops it's literally unplayable on the lowest settings possible. Same computer, same specs. It's not the RAM, it's not the HDD. I have no idea what it is but I believe it's poor optimization of RageMP (single player usually runs smoothly). The only thing that has worked for me was doing a clean install of Windows. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sure, upgrading your PC will most likely make your issues stop but 9 times out of 10 it's not necessary. Other fixes that have worked for me, more or less:

• Disable grass
  • Set shadows to normal
  • Turn vsync on/off (sometimes it really makes a difference)
  • Look up "gta 5 textures not loading" on Google - first result is a batch file that you have to run every time you start the game, it sets some priorities and stops some processes
  • Sometimes having your settings higher gives you better performance (try setting textures to low if it doesn't work) - this worked great for me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fms5k7PUeU&t=371s 
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
On 2/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, Entity said:

While this may not 100% be the case for your computer, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not the RAM nor the HDD or CPU.

I've personally had to face two scenarios - my game running perfectly on very high settings, constant 60 frames per second or my game doing 20 FPS and having so many framedrops it's literally unplayable on the lowest settings possible. Same computer, same specs. It's not the RAM, it's not the HDD. I have no idea what it is but I believe it's poor optimization of RageMP (single player usually runs smoothly). The only thing that has worked for me was doing a clean install of Windows. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sure, upgrading your PC will most likely make your issues stop but 9 times out of 10 it's not necessary. Other fixes that have worked for me, more or less:

• Disable grass
  • Set shadows to normal
  • Turn vsync on/off (sometimes it really makes a difference)
  • Look up "gta 5 textures not loading" on Google - first result is a batch file that you have to run every time you start the game, it sets some priorities and stops some processes
  • Sometimes having your settings higher gives you better performance (try setting textures to low if it doesn't work) - this worked great for me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fms5k7PUeU&t=371s 

This worked perfectly, thank you ❤️