make ttcf characters

arkan

Managed to finally end up in jail for the first time since 2018 and tbh when activity peaks it's fun as hell if you get involved. Also the community was pretty open when you're clearly inexperienced but willing to learn the ropes.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, Brett Love said:

Well first we need more deputies willing to go in jail duty. There’s been 10 plus murders in the last 3 weeks in TTCF and about 10% are somewhat prosecutable. Every case I’ve inquired on; the deputy was not able to secure alll evidence or toss the cell block because they significantly lacked man power, they were the only ones on duty in jail.

TTCF roleplay is appalling and would attract more people if there were actually guards on duty who had half a clue what they were doing. I filed habeas corpus to be released and I had to bicker OOCly with a new deputy  because they thought I was full of shit. 

SD needs to prioritize TTCF instead of driving around Davis.

I've applied for SD but got denied for completely understandable reasons (I rushed my application and cut bits out of the backstory, so it didn't make sense), however unfortunately a big factor in my denial was the fact that my name (not character) was carried over from a different server. The name has been on this server while today's players were still on SAMP, but I digress.

I have no interest in going out on patrol and pulling people over, it just seems tedious. Being a corrections officer looks fun and I'd rather be doing that. Respectfully, it seems to be the mentality of the staff that is holding TTCF back — people are too interested in being a cop instead of doing something different, like working in corrections.

As a sidenote, I still think it's silly to use the NOOSE base as the prison, instead of the state prison already in existence on the map (Bolingbroke). Just because the NOOSE base is a jail OOC doesn't mean it should be one IC, especially when a perfectly good jail exists. By the way, to anyone challenging this: Bolingbroke Penitentiary is a state prison, not a federal one. Just because a wiki page said it's based off one in real life doesn't mean it is one in the game. I feel that there would have been more interest if the prison was based in the actual prison and not a police HQ.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:06 PM, voucher said:

You can fill out an incarceration request here: https://lssd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=359

Is there a possibility of orchestrating an actual scenario where a character goes to prison legitimately, instead of having to apply for it? Just seems unnatural to fill out yet another application form just for RP when a scenario can be created organically, with some OOC planning.

With IC scenarios, an actual story can be told instead of one made up with non-existent officers handling the incarcerated individual.

12 hours ago, Aquila said:

Is there a possibility of orchestrating an actual scenario where a character goes to prison legitimately, instead of having to apply for it? Just seems unnatural to fill out yet another application form just for RP when a scenario can be created organically, with some OOC planning.

With IC scenarios, an actual story can be told instead of one made up with non-existent officers handling the incarcerated individual.

This is possible to arrange although it isn’t very common and would require a lot of ooc planning. I believe that a couple weeks ago one of these was arranged with SEB/SWAT.

14 hours ago, Aquila said:

I've applied for SD but got denied for completely understandable reasons (I rushed my application and cut bits out of the backstory, so it didn't make sense), however unfortunately a big factor in my denial was the fact that my name (not character) was carried over from a different server. The name has been on this server while today's players were still on SAMP, but I digress.

I have no interest in going out on patrol and pulling people over, it just seems tedious. Being a corrections officer looks fun and I'd rather be doing that. Respectfully, it seems to be the mentality of the staff that is holding TTCF back — people are too interested in being a cop instead of doing something different, like working in corrections.

As a sidenote, I still think it's silly to use the NOOSE base as the prison, instead of the state prison already in existence on the map (Bolingbroke). Just because the NOOSE base is a jail OOC doesn't mean it should be one IC, especially when a perfectly good jail exists. By the way, to anyone challenging this: Bolingbroke Penitentiary is a state prison, not a federal one. Just because a wiki page said it's based off one in real life doesn't mean it is one in the game. I feel that there would have been more interest if the prison was based in the actual prison and not a police HQ.

This was always possible, you just get yourself arrested and don't release. The application is a shortcut, or to be used in situations where it's more appropriate.

The prison isn't used because it's a prison. TTCF is a jail facility.

2 hours ago, voucher said:

This is possible to arrange although it isn’t very common and would require a lot of ooc planning. I believe that a couple weeks ago one of these was arranged with SEB/SWAT.

As long as it's a possibility, I'm happy with it. I have a plotline in mind with the OOC intention of getting convicted, but obviously I have to plan it out properly.

1 hour ago, Large Hazard said:

This was always possible, you just get yourself arrested and don't release. The application is a shortcut, or to be used in situations where it's more appropriate.

The prison isn't used because it's a prison. TTCF is a jail facility.

Why can't it still be used? In most parts of the world, jail and prison are synonymous to each other.

I suppose in some contexts, jails are for people on remand while prisons are for sentenced people, but that sounds like a silly reason to not utilise something that already exists in the game.

Prisons everywhere have different wings/blocks for different offences, so I don't really understand why we can't have the same system on GTAW?

15 minutes ago, Aquila said:

Why can't it still be used? In most parts of the world, jail and prison are synonymous to each other.

I suppose in some contexts, jails are for people on remand while prisons are for sentenced people, but that sounds like a silly reason to not utilise something that already exists in the game.

Prisons everywhere have different wings/blocks for different offences, so I don't really understand why we can't have the same system on GTAW?

While I see why prison would be appealing, this would require a lot of work behind the scenes and would require a whole new faction (SADCR) to be created. In addition, the LA county jail system is very interesting to roleplay in its own right due to the heavy prison gang presence and many inmates staying in the county jails for years post sentencing. 

2 minutes ago, voucher said:

While I see why prison would be appealing, this would require a lot of work behind the scenes and would require a whole new faction (SADCR) to be created. In addition, the LA county jail system is very interesting to roleplay in its own right due to the heavy prison gang presence and many inmates staying in the county jails for years post sentencing. 

This and ultimately, there's not much you can RP in prison that you can't already RP at TTCF.

• Upvote 1