make ttcf characters

arkan

On 2/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, Kipps said:

I spent 40 hours roleplaying in jail last month as a deputy and there was plenty of activity. Only yesterday, there were about 20 inmates and six deputies on. 

It obviously fluctuates, but to insinuate that it's never actually active is stupid. It's also frustrating because lots of inmate roleplayers are doing a good job of keeping the jail active, and all your (inaccurate, cynical, self-pitying) post will do is discourage further participation. 

I think you buried the lede in your conclusion about not necessarily knowing what you're talking about. 

I’ll be upfront and say that it was never my intention to deny the great roleplay TTCF has to offer, and my only “inaccurate, cynical self-pitty” statement was directed to my admitted exclusion of said roleplay. I also never advocated for the mixing of male and female inmates. I merely expressed my personal experience, which is my own. I didn’t address any problems I have, being that the problems I do have aren’t problems that can be addressed without a systematic and fundamental change of the prison system. A problem that’s also not a subject here. My personal problem stems from the the idea that the only way to make jail enjoyable for me subjectively is to either be incarcerated simultaneously with other female characters I roleplay with or quit my real life. I’d like to enjoy jail, but I can’t because I fall outside of the focus group and targeted audience. 

I hope that better explains what I meant, I also hope this grows big and far enough to have positive effects across the entirety of the system. And not just the small window it’s isolated in right now. We desperately need these people, whose roleplay in jail provide an important extension of the criminal climate that has been long absent. If this initiative doesn’t wither and grows as expected it’d be the first time I’ve ever seen the system of mass incarceration and it’s far reaching consequences in the real world represented on any roleplay server with a jail or prison. For now I’ll just have to enjoy the amusing screenshots. 

On 2/10/2021 at 12:57 AM, orangejuice said:

make some god damn guards! i can never seem to visit my clients as a lawyer based on the fact theirs rarely prison guards to let me in! 😞

I am personally interested in being around TTCF more and doing much more RP on custody duty. It can be really hard to get roleplay going when there's few inmates on, though. If there's 2-3 people in the pod, especially if they don't know each other, most of the times they'll just AFK. That's one reason why lots of people don't go on custody duty as often as they could - watching over three people who are AFK isn't the most enticing. The ideal scenario would be having lots of inmates online, which would bring more people on custody duty and more overall roleplay. The thing is that TTCF is still a relatively new concept and I'm sure that in time we'll get to a point where it'll be natural to see both inmates and guards having a constant presence around TTCF. What I'd personally like to see more of is prison 'events'. This is all just my personal opinion, though.

9 minutes ago, Entity said:

I am personally interested in being around TTCF more and doing much more RP on custody duty. It can be really hard to get roleplay going when there's few inmates on, though. If there's 2-3 people in the pod, especially if they don't know each other, most of the times they'll just AFK. That's one reason why lots of people don't go on custody duty as often as they could - watching over three people who are AFK isn't the most enticing. The ideal scenario would be having lots of inmates online, which would bring more people on custody duty and more overall roleplay. The thing is that TTCF is still a relatively new concept and I'm sure that in time we'll get to a point where it'll be natural to see both inmates and guards having a constant presence around TTCF. What I'd personally like to see more of is prison 'events'. This is all just my personal opinion, though.

Yes bro that’s completely right and it’s somewhat of a vicious circle. You log on, your particular race isn’t online so your only option is to AFK, solo roleplay or hope the DoC can provide roleplay as without them, friends, family and legal representation can not roleplay with you. A lot of inmates will just log off or play a different character because there’s no roleplay. DoC won’t bother to play because they don’t feel theirs enough inmates. It just results in no one playing. 

The prison events is spot on, provide inmates with stuff to do regardless of if their particular race is on. More inmates will get on and then more guards will get on. 

Edited by orangejuice

Under direct orders of @arkan himself, you're all instructed to make Twin Towers Correctional Facility characters. Within this cutting edge roleplay environment, you can partake in the brutal alpha-sigma-beta male hierarchy (see attached) between the woods, the black car and the sureno cliques. Experience roleplay like no other, purchase contraband cellphones smuggled through the asshole of none other than Benjamin Waknine himself, or even become a prison wife to a Mirror Park mallrat! Make your prison character TODAY!

ttcf-heavy-roleplay.png

• Upvote 9
On 2/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, orangejuice said:

make some god damn guards! i can never seem to visit my clients as a lawyer based on the fact theirs rarely prison guards to let me in! 😞

I was considering the SD non sworn jail position but I've heard mixed things about it because of timezones etc. I'm still interested, but would anybody be able to give more of an insight into it because it does sound kinda fun.

15 minutes ago, Westen said:

I was considering the SD non sworn jail position but I've heard mixed things about it because of timezones etc. I'm still interested, but would anybody be able to give more of an insight into it because it does sound kinda fun.

You can find all information needed for it under the SD employment topic on their thread, I’m sure they will be able to accommodate your timezone as there are always people on inside of TTCF.

• Upvote 1