make ttcf characters

arkan

I'll leave a brief opinion here for now, but personally, prison role play would be more active and vibrant if prison sentences were much longer. Generally, there should be a compromise between IC and OOC, but I personally think that prison sentences for felonies are too short and actually limit players' time in prison - hence why players often complain about it being inactive/dead. For the most part, this is actually true.

For instance, a player gets jailed for murder, and assuming they would actively role play in prison, they're released in a very, very short amount of time. This is unfortunate for prison role play. It even encourages players to abuse the AFK script. I know it's easy to blame players, but part of why they do that is because there's nobody in prison to role play with (because once again, sentences are too short). Unfortunately, I know that stuff like this is out of control. The option is there for those who want to realistically roleplay in prison to request more time, but very few people do.

Edited by Phill
15 hours ago, Blowin' Hollows said:

Unless if a SADCR faction is made (appears very unlikely) no. We have to ensure that the county jail is fully functional and active 24/7 before anyone should look at splitting the incarcerated RP scene further.

Also, CJ is pretty much just a state prison bro, the only difference is that you're realistically going to be grouped with people who haven't been taken to trial yet. It's not all bad, try it out.

https://lssd.gta.world

You are right, perhaps my view of the whole was limited.

I used to roleplay 50% with Prison Factions back in the SAMP days I will make a new char today 🙂

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Phill said:

but part of why they do that is because there's nobody in prison to role play with

Jokes aside, jail was absolutely terrible. I’ve spent a month in jail for a case that would eventually be dismissed, and although I don’t regret the court RP I about quit the game all together. I’m one of those weird people that can really only have one meaningful character at a time, so that didn’t help either. Whenever I’d be online I’d be the only one barring one or two male inmates. The only exception was one work detail where I had to go just as it began, and when the White Car all logged on simultaneously. Both of which I can’t RP with anyway. And you’ll face OOC abuse for having a female character if you as much as bring it up in the presence of any jail elites. I’ve never seen the amazing roleplay that people prop up as examples, rarely even see the people. To me jail roleplay is an enigma, a mysterious group that orchestrates roleplay through discord or something. I really wouldn’t know. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

Jokes aside, jail was absolutely terrible. I’ve spent a month in jail for a case that would eventually be dismissed, and although I don’t regret the court RP I about quit the game all together. I’m one of those weird people that can really only have one meaningful character at a time, so that didn’t help either. Whenever I’d be online I’d be the only one barring one or two male inmates. The only exception was one work detail where I had to go just as it began, and when the White Car all logged on simultaneously. Both of which I can’t RP with anyway. And you’ll face OOC abuse for having a female character if you as much as bring it up in the presence of any jail elites. I’ve never seen the amazing roleplay that people prop up as examples, rarely even see the people. To me jail roleplay is an enigma, a mysterious group that orchestrates roleplay through discord or something. I really wouldn’t know. 

you gotta remember that people are roleplaying a jail environment, females and males will never be RPing together. it's been that  way since the start, it'll be that way since the start and it'll be that way till the end.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

I spent 40 hours roleplaying in jail last month as a deputy and there was plenty of activity. Only yesterday, there were about 20 inmates and six deputies on. 

It obviously fluctuates, but to insinuate that it's never actually active is stupid. It's also frustrating because lots of inmate roleplayers are doing a good job of keeping the jail active, and all your (inaccurate, cynical, self-pitying) post will do is discourage further participation. 

I think you buried the lede in your conclusion about not necessarily knowing what you're talking about. 

Edited by Kipps
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1