Lower the BF-400s speed

Short description: Decrease the BF-400's speed.

Detailed description: Pretty straight forward, lower the BF 400's speed to something more reasonable and realistic for a dirt bike. Just like the rental/starter cars are speed limited, I'm pretty sure this can be done just as easily.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

As it currently stands, the BF-400 is by far the most OP hit vehicle on the server. It's disgustingly fast and with it being a dirt bike, it's very agile and can turn at lightning speeds. This makes it impossible for cops to even have a slight chance against them, which often means that when cops see one of them, they don't even bother chasing (And before you say I'm complaining because I'm rp'ing a cop, I'm not, I'm also RP'ing a criminal). If it was a superbike, sure, but it's a dirt bike. The speed that it goes at when it's got all the upgrades is beyond unrealistic, and the amount of hits that take place on BF-400's on the server is just as unrealistic. People don't go on bike convoys IRL when they want to carry out a hit, instead they get into a four door vehicle and do the deed. This will push for higher quality roleplay especially from criminal roleplayers, and will force people to take part in much more realistic hits. On top of that, people often go off-road at 100mph+ When they're in a police chase (or otherwise) and don't RP any of the consequences such as the fact that a small rock being in the way of the bike at that speed could completely knock you off of it, while the GTAV physics say otherwise.

Additional information: The BF-400 is a dirt-bike, not a hit vehicle, let's keep it that way.

• Upvote 6

Hitting a wheelie on the bf400 will create a cap-less acceleration, you literally cannot hit a roof on it, it only gets consistently slower for the speed to increase, this is a GTA engine problem that I don't think can be fixed by Rage.

5 minutes ago, Sim said:

Hitting a wheelie on the bf400 will create a cap-less acceleration, you literally cannot hit a roof on it, it only gets consistently slower for the speed to increase, this is a GTA engine problem that I don't think can be fixed by Rage.

While I'm aware of the wheelie thing, it's very rare for someone to be able to hit a wheelie for a long time during a police chase without needing to steer, however, if the overall speed of the bike was lowered (which I know can be done) then it'll counter the wheelie issue. In addition to the fact that wheelies can be reported easily, and they have been in the past, but what are you gonna do against someone zooming down the street on a bike that's made OP by the server, rather than a bug abuse?

Edited by Moe

I understand where you are coming from but to be fair the BF-400 is not a dirt bike, it's a rally raid bike which explains the high speed they can reach. Also worth to mention that a lot of crimes are performed on bikes IRL for the same reason that they are in gtaw, higher chances to succeed.

That said I agree with you completely when you say the amount of people using these bikes to perform crimes is unrealistically high. I wouldn't suggest to lower their speed, but make it a expensive bike. Expensive enough so people don't rely so much on these bikes when they want to rob other people.

Just make it more expensive it shouldn't cost 20k, should cost around 80K or 100k since it's a competition spec dirt bike. No idea who made it the cheapest dirt bike when it's literally the best one on GTA. Would make more sense for people to be using something like a Sanchez or an Enduro rather than something that's literally used in motorsport.

• Upvote 2

The fact the cheap price and high end performance made it the most prominent and common bike used for crimes. You get the usual "masked guy wearing all black on a black (unregistered) BF-400." up to 10 times a day. You drive through south LS and at times every second vehicle is that very bike. It is getting ridicolous to a point where it is the clear meta that is abused left and right hence I agree with the suggestion - something has to change around the BF-400. Either make it more expensive and thus harder to obtain or adjust the performance to the dirt cheap price. It wil allow for some diversity in those bikes used to commit crimes rather than that one bike only.

• Upvote 1

The issue isn't really the bike, the issue is the roleplay done around it. I think altering the bike speed would just apply a bandaid on the problem that exists with roleplay/portrayal. Imo, these issues should be directed to roleplay quality management.

35 minutes ago, Vulcar said:

The issue isn't really the bike, the issue is the roleplay done around it. I think altering the bike speed would just apply a bandaid on the problem that exists with roleplay/portrayal. Imo, these issues should be directed to roleplay quality management.

This.

capping the bikes will solve the issue for a little bit until people find a new meta. I'm sorry but it's not that hard to figure out who the are people doing this, there's literally rows of BF-400's parked Davis outside of complexes like we're living in a favela. 

• Upvote 2
  • Karner locked this topic