Escalation in GTA:W.

Vincent

and they'll basically look at it..as you'd be "Stupid" or not understand your perspective, because in their little minds - they aren't doing nothing wrong. #Criminal Mind

Again, I use to jump to violence/aggression, whatever. However, last time I checked, even though I'm an illegal RPer I think I can handle these situations better than most, legal or illegal rper. It isn't what kind of RP the person does, it's the mindset. Those people who aimed guns at me for spitting on them? Legal roleplayers who have PFs. The beating turned into a killing? Illegal roleplayers who were gangsters.

Anyone can make a dumb choice and escalate a situation, illegal or legal rper. I never understood why there's such a divide in that regard anyway, since we all play on the same server.

I just believe escalation happens too much and isn't talked about enough. It needs to be revamped/reworked/or discussed to a point where the community can come to a grand understanding that just because you can do something... doesn't mean you should do it.

because people are afraid to talk about it as the dude might come after them again, specially when you was jacked / threaten in your own neighborhood, you wouldn't wanna provoke the lunatic and he'd come back looking, that's how people get killed.

I understand and agree... if these people were lunatics. However, just because you roleplay a crazy character, doesn't mean it's acceptable to do crazy, unrealistic things. Here's the prime example I mentioned in the OP.

Screenshot_27.png

I walk into a job interview, greeting my two employers. They introduce themselves, and then state that they're homosexuals. My character simply remarks, "That's great and all but I don't remember asking..." in regards to their sexuality, which in response causes Ms. Messer to tell me to leave. Seeing as I just wasted my time coming here, I insulted her, was insulted back, and spat on her. Ruby then instantly scroll-wheeled her gun, without even a second to hesitate, and like I predicted, didn't use it. Nobody just gets a gun out like that for spitting on someone. Regardless, I was then physically assaulted - and rightfully so.

My issue is that two lesbian women just assaulted and threatened to kill a man over... spitting? In their own establishment? And last time I checked, why would a seemingly very-well off 500k+ establishment owner who owns a sports car risk it all over killing some schmuck?

Fun-fact, when asked about CCTV, they said they have none, very convenient considering that I'd expect such a high-end establishment to have something like that in place, especially when they have a contract with Gruppe Six, which again, shows that they produce enough to pay a private security firm.

The role-play was never written "It'll go your way and any way you expect it to go" - sure, if your a script-roleplayed, that sets things up like Hollywood director and everything falls into a perfect order and be a complete sell-out roleplayer, otherwise.. its all about "Going with the flow"

Again, assumptions don't help anyone. Like I said, multiple times in the thread, it's not a matter on why it happens, it's a matter of what's acceptable to the community as a whole in regards to escalation. A prime example is tonight. I was pulled over, was sniffing and had red eyes. What'd the cops do? They searched me and the car. They found a gun on me and two other pistols in a bag. What could I have done? I could have shot them, got killed, respawned, and went on with my day. But no. I roleplayed it out, roleplayed running from the police on foot, getting TIRED on foot, and even /me tossing a firearm into a nearby bush, WHICH SLOWED me down to a complete stop, giving the police ample time to arrest me. 

I don't give a single fuck if I win or lose. What I care about is quality roleplay on a "heavy" roleplay server. If people can't roleplay, they simply shouldn't be in positions where they can make these bad decisions, and if they are, someone should try and educate them to improve their roleplay.

unknown.png

unknown.png

About ten minutes ago IC. I lost the situation, lost easily 75,000 worth in guns, and you know what I did? I roleplayed. This is a roleplay server, or am I misunderstanding something in your mega-post? I try and roleplay, and I wish others did too. If I wanted to be like everyone else, I could've shot those two girls then and there for pulling a gun. I could've shot the police. I could've done whatever whenever to try and /win/ if I wanted to. I don't want that. I want to roleplay, much like everyone else here.

Edited by Vincent
  • Thanks 1

I don't wanna sound like an asshole or anything, bro..but this thread is circumstances sounds more like a "YOU" problem, not a community problem. RP scenes go by its business as it fills like - we don't control it, we don't obey it - we simply go with the flow and see where it takes , despite if someone turns things into John Wayne or into something else, end of the day - its still role-play and different circumstances can happen at any time.

If someone broke an rule and you lost some stuff due to it, you can file a report and you'll be refunded - otherwise... "Suck to be you in these unlucky circumstances".

People escalate situations way too quick. I've had to punish multiple people for that, the most prominent one would probably be someone gunning another player down inside an open 24/7 for insulting their character 3 times. I've also witnessed this IC, most recently being yesterday when my character was making fun of people at the riots. A guy in skinny jeans and a motorcycle helmet decided to be the hero and punch my character for making fun of his outfit, then spun around me, doing burnouts until he managed to run my character over and drive away. 

I think people choose to escalate situations way too fast, missing out on valuable development and fun RP just so they can go and fill their quota for killing people that week. I've seen people jump from insults straight to shooting, from a fist fight straight to killing, and there are countless of examples of this. It's not a portrayal issue, it's a mindset issue which admins can try to fix, but it's always up to the player whether or not they want to fix it themselves. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Montana Fats said:

Had a situation where a Character entered my bar, smashed a buddy across the head with a bottle. We responded by forcing him to the ground, and mocking him. My Character pulled a gun out as they belittled him mostly as intimidation factor and to get him to calm down.

Later him and two of his buddies stormed bar my with intent to kill me. It was neat.

That's me, indeed? You went around sending some weird insults, saying names you shouldn't say, during a guy like me has LITERALLY no tattoos on display, guy started screaming '' are you from the AB??! '' to a kid who is 18 because he is white, so don't speak at all about this situation, you MGed my name and stormed inside, hid in your office.

You also realize that you beat the fuck out of me, kick me twice in the leg, over a bottle that i have broken on your friend's head that has literally /literally/ tried to hurl the bottle from my hand after I have paid for it? Come on, LOL, you don't get a say in the escalation at all. First you pull out the gun and pistol-whip my character, in which he starts bleeding, then your friend deletes all his contacts, then threaten to kill him '' should we get rid of him? '' over a beer bottle that he literally paid for.

Edited by kaneki1king
8 minutes ago, kaneki1king said:

That's me, indeed? You went around sending some weird insults, saying names you shouldn't say, during a guy like me has LITERALLY no tattoos on display, guy started screaming '' are you from the AB??! '' to a kid who is 18 because he is white, so don't speak at all about this situation, you MGed my name and stormed inside, hid in your office.

You also realize that you beat the fuck out of me, kick me twice in the leg, over a bottle that i have broken on your friend's head that has literally /literally/ tried to hurl the bottle from my hand after I have paid for it? Come on, LOL, you don't get a say in the escalation at all. First you pull out the gun and pistol-whip my character, in which he starts bleeding, then your friend deletes all his contacts, then threaten to kill him '' should we get rid of him? '' over a beer bottle that he literally paid for.

Don’t know when I MGd but if you think I did, throw a report up. 

11 minutes ago, kaneki1king said:

Try walking into a criminal groups bar in real life and smash a bottle to their heads leader and see how far you make it unharmed.

But I'll leave the rest of your rulebreaking out of it as its not on topic.

17 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

Try walking into a criminal groups bar in real life and smash a bottle to their heads leader and see how far you make it unharmed.

But I'll leave the rest of your rulebreaking out of it as its not on topic.

'Criminal groups', sorry what? I don't remember seeing Russians taking control of Vespucci to be honest. Isn't your place up in Vinewood doe? Walking in to a bar, expecting it to be full of legal people, dude. No signs at all that shows you are a ''MOB LEADER''.

Edited by kaneki1king
2 hours ago, Vincent said:

Again, I use to jump to violence/aggression, whatever. However, last time I checked, even though I'm an illegal RPer I think I can handle these situations better than most, legal or illegal rper. It isn't what kind of RP the person does, it's the mindset. Those people who aimed guns at me for spitting on them? Legal roleplayers who have PFs. The beating turned into a killing? Illegal roleplayers who were gangsters.

Anyone can make a dumb choice and escalate a situation, illegal or legal rper. I never understood why there's such a divide in that regard anyway, since we all play on the same server.

I just believe escalation happens too much and isn't talked about enough. It needs to be revamped/reworked/or discussed to a point where the community can come to a grand understanding that just because you can do something... doesn't mean you should do it.

I understand and agree... if these people were lunatics. However, just because you roleplay a crazy character, doesn't mean it's acceptable to do crazy, unrealistic things. Here's the prime example I mentioned in the OP.

Screenshot_27.png

I walk into a job interview, greeting my two employers. They introduce themselves, and then state that they're homosexuals. My character simply remarks, "That's great and all but I don't remember asking..." in regards to their sexuality, which in response causes Ms. Messer to tell me to leave. Seeing as I just wasted my time coming here, I insulted her, was insulted back, and spat on her. Ruby then instantly scroll-wheeled her gun, without even a second to hesitate, and like I predicted, didn't use it. Nobody just gets a gun out like that for spitting on someone. Regardless, I was then physically assaulted - and rightfully so.

My issue is that two lesbian women just assaulted and threatened to kill a man over... spitting? In their own establishment? And last time I checked, why would a seemingly very-well off 500k+ establishment owner who owns a sports car risk it all over killing some schmuck?

Fun-fact, when asked about CCTV, they said they have none, very convenient considering that I'd expect such a high-end establishment to have something like that in place, especially when they have a contract with Gruppe Six, which again, shows that they produce enough to pay a private security firm.

Again, assumptions don't help anyone. Like I said, multiple times in the thread, it's not a matter on why it happens, it's a matter of what's acceptable to the community as a whole in regards to escalation. A prime example is tonight. I was pulled over, was sniffing and had red eyes. What'd the cops do? They searched me and the car. They found a gun on me and two other pistols in a bag. What could I have done? I could have shot them, got killed, respawned, and went on with my day. But no. I roleplayed it out, roleplayed running from the police on foot, getting TIRED on foot, and even /me tossing a firearm into a nearby bush, WHICH SLOWED me down to a complete stop, giving the police ample time to arrest me. 

I don't give a single fuck if I win or lose. What I care about is quality roleplay on a "heavy" roleplay server. If people can't roleplay, they simply shouldn't be in positions where they can make these bad decisions, and if they are, someone should try and educate them to improve their roleplay.

unknown.png

unknown.png

About ten minutes ago IC. I lost the situation, lost easily 75,000 worth in guns, and you know what I did? I roleplayed. This is a roleplay server, or am I misunderstanding something in your mega-post? I try and roleplay, and I wish others did too. If I wanted to be like everyone else, I could've shot those two girls then and there for pulling a gun. I could've shot the police. I could've done whatever whenever to try and /win/ if I wanted to. I don't want that. I want to roleplay, much like everyone else here.

LMFAO WTF BRO