(America Tomorrow) TROIKA - The Taste of culinary mystery.

Untitled-3.png

January 25th, 10:00 PM

By Natalia Vorobieva..

A Mystеry? 

Russiаn cuisine is probably still largеly unknown. Thеrеforе it is not еasy to ratе it for forеignеrs. Oleg the owner of Trоika rеstaurant told us about how he is offering everyone a taste of a culinary mystery. When we asked why he opened his restaurant in Los Santos, he told us: 

"I always wanted to make a place for Russian people and those who are interested to find out more about our culture, where people can erase their cultural boundaries and differences to enjoy the taste of food we make with love." 

8eGExNe.jpg 

Like all great empires, Russians had a great cuisine, influenced by many cultures, like French, Chinese, Turkish, Finnish, and many other. Therefore once we talk about Russian cuisine we are talking about the cuisine of the largest country in the world and many nations in it.

But not everyone is interested in sharing their culture and opening their hearts for a new experience. That's what Oleg, the owner told us:

"I am deeply outraged with recent Russophobic trends, I have been always hospitable to anyone who visits my restaurant, but recently I have felt the growth of negativeness towards men and women of my culture, so I went to make a research. I found out that there were bot farms that spread hatred through the internet. They want us to be busy fighting while they push any agenda they want. I want them to remember, that we are the nation that has invented the AK-47.

0FB2895.jpg

Healing wounds. 

As America Tomorrow rose in popularity, we have gone through a similar experience. When provocative entities have attacked our company refusing to play by the rules set by corporations. One of the local radio enthusiasts named "DJ Paul" who runs his station out of the garage, has stated that "Russia is a petrol station with nukes." That's not the first attack coming from one of many pirate radio stations. 

Russian cuisine is an amalgamation of many traditions, yet none of them has ever been marketed or made a meaningful foray into foreign markets. Today, America Tomorrow and Troika have united to shed light and break the cocoon of prejudice, showing the warm and inviting side of Los Santos' restaurant industry. 

MkjZDmi.jpg

We decided to go for soups, a visiting card of Russian cuisine, and it was outstanding! Borsch, fish soup, cabbage soup – the possibilities are endless. Traditionally eaten at the start of a meal, soups are believed to aid in the digestive process.

Troika has a Russians have a mind-boggling variety of soups: rassolnik - chicken soup with pickles, solyannka - meat soup with olives and sausages, okroshka - a cold soup made of chopped vegetables, orange borsh - cabbage soup, soup s frikadlkami - meatball soup, uha - fish soup and the list goes on.

There is one secret that makes Russian soups so good - podjarka - which is a pre-frying of chopped onions, grated carrots, and a little bit of garlic in vegetable oil. Troika offers the most authentic experience all around Los Santos, while offering a chance to dive deep into a culture of a far and mysterious land. We rate this restaurant ten out of ten and suggest every gourmet to postpone their affairs and visit the best Russian cuisine restaurant you can find in San Andreas. 

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of AMT.

Ir2nH7s.png

8vfE36h.png

• Upvote 4

Username: Pda-rush[K]
Comment: I never had a soup better in my life to be honest. Great service, dude at the bar a little off with his English but is very open and friendly. I would recommend it to my friends any day.

Username: Ghost-dep
Comment: Man i ate pelmeni here and.... Man i didn't know that such a simple dish can be outstanding if made with love, keep going Oleg. Me and my coleagues will visit you often!

Username: Tamagothie 
Comment: I fell asleep after drinking vodka and someone stole my wallet. Oleg is a very streetwise person, he asked around after checking cameras and I got my wallet back within minutes. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND !!!!

Username: Yohanna343
Comment: My first time. Would totally recommend. You get used to all of these chinese, indian, italian food. But sometimes you want something for simple and straightforward. Service is great, they cook, fast. Bathrooms are clean too. Visited it with my tinder date. Everything went good (at least food-wise), the only bad thing is that guy had a micropennis. (But its not a fault of Troika). 

Username: Bladecrawler
Comment: Why are u writing about bots in a fucking article about food??? Fucking russian pigs!!! I usually write few negative comments about you fucking communists!!! AND NO I AM NOT A BOT HAHAHA!!! 

Username: Washing-Machine44444
Comment: I wanna say thanks to Oleg for helping me out what should I try first, clearly an expert. 

* If you'd click to see the subscriptions of people that commented, you would quickly notice a similarity between some, if not all of them. Most of them would be subscribed to Russian-backed media resources and FOX News. 

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic