Racism in our community.

Vincent

unknown.png

Got home today and read a pretty interesting report, however it was scrapped for how the OP went about it. As @nateXsuggested I believe it would be a good post to "encourage" more moderation on racial slang and terminology. 

I just want to hear the communities thoughts and give everyone an equal ground to discuss their opinions with others about what I'd call a relevant topic in our community. 

I don't really think it matters as much as people think it does, especially if it;s on discord. People needa understand that people say whatever on the internet so racist shit will always be said.

If people focused more on roleplaying their characters and not worrying about what some dude or chick said on discord this community would be much less toxic.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

This is really hard to enforce I would imagine, mainly because its hard to prove someone is actually black. In my opinion nobody should be allowed to say the word, at all. But, I understand why members of the black community choose to say or not say the word. Regardless, if you're not black and you say the word, you should be banned.

I think it’s a waste of resources for admins to be spending their time combing through logs for what frankly is a non-issue, if someone has an issue over what someone said they can file a report. There’s a lot more pressing issues like the quality of roleplay in a lot of spheres on the server, the argument some staff members make is to file a report, but nobody filed a report over people saying bad words in faction chats. I’m all for banning racists but this is a waste of resources that could be utilized to improve roleplay quality.

Edited by TpRoll
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Bauer said:

This is really hard to enforce I would imagine, mainly because its hard to prove someone is actually black. In my opinion nobody should be allowed to say the word, at all. But, I understand why members of the black community choose to say or not say the word. Regardless, if you're not black and you say the word, you should be banned.

Yeah because Admins shouldn't spend their time policing roleplay, they should spend their time verifying if whoever said 'nigga' is black or not...  😅😅😅😅 Yall gonna hop on fortnite and gta online and try to police the n-word there too? the amount of white kids that say the n-word on the internet is massive, it's a non-issue, focus on roleplay.

Edited by Garras Up
Just now, Garras Up said:

Yeah because Admins shouldn't spend their time policing roleplay, they should spend their time verifying if whoever said 'nigga' is black or not... 

I'm talking about the usage of the word on an OOC basis, not sure if you're on the same page.

2 minutes ago, Bauer said:

I'm talking about the usage of the word on an OOC basis, not sure if you're on the same page.

Nah we're on the same page I know ur referring to the usage of the word OOCly, but my point is, why does it even matter that much? Not that the word isn't offensive, but the server has bigger issues than a bunch of nerds saying the n-word on discord or in /b. People shouldn't be going around calling people N-words with hard R's, but I will stress that this is the internet, everybody says the n-word. My white friends on facebook openly say it, everyone i've ever heard talk on Fortnite/GTA Online says it profusely, there's no stopping it, because this is the internet.

Not to mention that enforcing it would be hard, all I'd have to do to 'prove' to an admin that I can use the n-word is pull an image of my aboriginal friend off Facebook and send it to the admin claiming it's me. Not to mention that it isn't just black people who use the word lmao. Hispanic people say it, Arabs say it, Asians say it, . The list can go on and on honestly.

I don't think admins should be policing words on discord or ingame unless there's something malicious involved. When I've said the n-word on an ooc basis it's been during banter amongst friends of mine, many of whom happened to be black. Nobody was offended and nobody should be, because in the end this is a game.

• Groz locked this topic