[RANA] 'Vibe Check' for the New Year: Street Interviews

Al-Malikah

letters-rr-simple-geometric-logo-clear-elegant-dynamic-129437317.jpg

THE RANA REPORT

Your source for the latest Los Santos news, investigative journalism, and city-wide updates.

Y8l4IDT.png

'Vibe Check' for the New Year: Street Interviews

BY RANA KHATI

LOSANT.jpg

Los Santos lit up at night. A common sight for a city full of night owls.

It's been 21 days since the New Year dawned on Los Santos and the city simmers in a state of quiet uncertainty. Recent events have seen the Mayor imprisoned and State officials huddling to figure out the next steps, but have these events changed life for the average citizen of Los Santos? The Rana Report took to the streets and interviewed every-day Los Santans to find out just that. We asked them about what life is like for them these days, what struggles they and their neighbors are dealing with, and what their favorite parts of the city are for relaxing and re-centering their mind.

Noelle, 23

Legion Square

Noelle told the Rana Report she had been in Los Santos for about one week and already managed to find two part-time jobs in Bartending and Reception, but noted how difficult it was to find even basic temporary housing. She's currently forced to sleep in a hotel room and already has had her car stolen by Los Santos' notorious car-thieves. Her favorite part of Los Santos is the Vinewood Hills.

4a1a77-2.jpg

Legion Square, Mission Row, LS.

Jordan, 27

Alta

Jordan has been living in Los Santos for a little over one month and has been supporting himself as an independent taxi driver. His biggest struggles are turning a profit in a city whose criminal elements seem to target taxi drivers on a regular basis. He told Rana:

"I got robbed twice of nearly all my money, I work, I earn, then I get robbed of all what I earned, can you believe it?"

He enthusiastically shared that his favorite part of living in Los Santos was and will always be the beautiful women he has the honor of driving on a regular basis.

image.png

Jordan and his taxi in Alta

Val, "in her 20s"

Conroy's Gym, Textile City

The Rana Report saw Val going toe to toe with a man in when fighting in the cage over at Conroy's. Val moved here two months ago from Liberty City and so far, one of her favorite hobbies is sparring, she shared that she loves the rush it brings and that it can make anyone stand tall and keep going. 

image.png

Val sparring at Conroy's in Textile City

Madeleine, 24

Mission Row

Madeleine has been living in Los Santos for eleven years and told Rana that the biggest issue she's seen remain unresolved is the crime epidemic that has swept the city for years. A self-described "Goth", Madeleine enjoys relaxing in solitude, taking luxurious trips to the local cemetary, and cutting loose at the local goth club, The Crypt when she's not working at her day job.

image.png

Madeleine attending to customers in Mission Row

"Trigger", 18

Davis

We found Trigger hanging out with some friends on the sidewalk. He's been living in Los Santos every year of his eighteen year old life and he told Rana that the biggest problem they were facing in Davis was over policing and what he described as "Snoovers." We suspect this might be a set of neighborhood rivals. 

Grove-Street-Northwest-View-GTAV.jpg

Davis, Los Santos

Stu & Chu, 24 & 23

Little Seoul

Stu & Chu, two residents of Little Seoul, told Rana that one of the biggest obstacles their facing is a lack of community engagement especially in their Little Seoul Running Club and the speedy car racers that rush down the streets at dangerous speeds. Chu told Rana that speed bumps would help Little Seoul out with that last problem. Both men said they enjoyed going to neighborhood staples like Wook's Tea House or Mr. Liu's Pool House after a long day.

image.png

Stu in front of an apartment building in Little Seoul

Shane, 27

Blaine County

Rana found Shane waiting for a speedy and efficient car modification over at Route 68 Garage in Blaine County. Shane's only been in Los Santos for two weeks but he's already got a plan to join either the Police or Sheriff's Department. While he hasn't been able to find housing in Blaine, he's currently staying in the city but comes out to Blaine frequently. He's leaning towards joining up with the Sheriff's Department because he grew up around deputies and to cut loose there's nothing he likes more than hanging out with friends around town. 

image.png

Shane at Route 68 Garage in Blaine County

The future of Los Santos lies in the hands of everyday folks like these and addressing their needs is crucial to making 2021 a year of not just peace but a year of prosperity for all. If the city and state government can make meaningful changes to address the housing and crime issues while also factoring the way policing is done in different neighborhoods, citizens from every corner of Los Santos might be able to enjoy themselves even more in our unique and diverse metropolis.

image.png
A peaceful sunset over Paleto Bay

Y8l4IDT.png

Remember to like and subscribe for more city-wide news!

Y8l4IDT.png

Thank you for supporting independent journalism

> Comments are enabled

Username:
Comment:

Edited by Al-Malikah
grammar
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Username: Sarah Harper. 
Comment: It's nice to see journalism is still going on in the city! Props to you for producing lovely content, anyway I can donate to you? 

Username: RKHATI
Comment: Thank you ! My Cashapp is @KALIMAMA62 This will help with overhead cost of business cards and keeping my husband from seeing red when he sees my expense at end of month! ((/banktransfer [AMOUNT] Rana Khati [comment]))

Edited by Al-Malikah
grammar
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic