Sought-After Characters

Bluenose

On 1/21/2021 at 11:45 AM, Juicebox. said:

Oh and did I mention he knows 16 languages?

Fluently at that! Perhaps some of the best fun is only knowing how to speak another language sort of. 

Cara says: (Mandarin?) This man is... a potato finder... for the serious building people. He wants... to speak the... mystery to you.

Other guy says: (English) He's a detective and he wants to ask me some questions? Your Mandarin is terrible, by the way.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:46 AM, Engelbert said:

Filmmakers, people from cinema, the Los Santos glam people.

Yeah where are my Filmmakers at. Would love to have some films made IC in Los Santos to hype and show at the Doppler. 

Granted its not easy though. Myself and the Doppler have entertained the idea of making a movie or maybe something TV related before a few times but they are very large and difficult projects to consider. And we tend to lean towards the idea of getting voice actors so its not a "text movie" but once you solve one issue there are 10 more that pop up. Its a very daunting thing to do to make a movie. 

I would love to see more of that though "Glam life" / Vinewood life and actors and celebrities and fame and the like. 

I've got an Autistic (ASD) Character that also has Anxiety as well as being homesless that I'm trying to RP properly but finding it a little hard to portray the real life difficultes these people have. 

I wanna see more people with these types of difficulties, Autism, Tourettes, PTSD etc but all down with realistic traits. Seeing more of these RPers who go away and read into the disorder they're going to RP and RP it to a realistic standered is really nice to see not only because it adds new RP to the server but can also bring awareness to the discord if RP'd properly. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, AM said:

Magick.

Seriously, I wanna see some new age types. It's faux LA, I'm surprised I haven't been consistently running into people trying to convince me that crystals will help with my character's chakras.

And beyond that, California IRL is home to a suite of initiatory occult societies such as the Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of Luxur, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and hell - you even have the Grand Masonic Lodge of California, which in this case would just be the Lodge of San Andreas. It's niche as all hell, but would be neat to see. 

What's up choomba!

2 hours ago, AM said:

Magick.

Seriously, I wanna see some new age types. It's faux LA, I'm surprised I haven't been consistently running into people trying to convince me that crystals will help with my character's chakras.

And beyond that, California IRL is home to a suite of initiatory occult societies such as the Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of Luxur, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and hell - you even have the Grand Masonic Lodge of California, which in this case would just be the Lodge of San Andreas. It's niche as all hell, but would be neat to see. 

We have a psychic on the server with their own store.

30 minutes ago, Haylee134 said:

I've got an Autistic (ASD) Character that also has Anxiety as well as being homesless that I'm trying to RP properly but finding it a little hard to portray the real life difficultes these people have. 

I wanna see more people with these types of difficulties, Autism, Tourettes, PTSD etc but all down with realistic traits. Seeing more of these RPers who go away and read into the disorder they're going to RP and RP it to a realistic standered is really nice to see not only because it adds new RP to the server but can also bring awareness to the discord if RP'd properly. 

Unfortunately most characters with mental disorders/disabilities are horribly portrayed, presenting disabilities as edgy serial killer superpowers over anything remotely realistic. 

Agree with your statement either way, hope to see more accurately presented characters with mental illness.  

• Upvote 1

Some of these ideas are very nice, but as always, people have to remember that niche concepts get RP respect but they don't get real attention. I'd be all for any and all characters that fill a niche, from priests to aspiring actors/scriptwriters to whacky new age dudes talking about energies and crystals, but I'd always implore people to develop the into a fully-fleshed character instead of a mix of stereotypes of the concept made flesh, which then gets played for 2 weeks.

You can have a normal character who happens to be a community's pastor. You can have a functioning, developed character who is a hippie.

• Upvote 1
On 1/23/2021 at 8:08 AM, Henning said:

Religious figures.

No, not cults I want to see priests, rabbi's, Imam's along with the corresponding churches, mosques and synagogues. I think it has a huge potential for RP.  

This has actually been on an increase from PM's perspective, even so a mosque was just requested and is being mapped 

I've always wanted to roleplay a legal in predominately illegal part of LS, or actually have a family! I'm not talking about 4-6 characters with a very similar first name (and last name, obv) with at least two twins and everyone being in a very specific age group - just an actual family! Slice of life.