Disable Local OOC Chat

Melly

It's understandable where the idea of the suggestion comes from - /b can be notably disruptive in some roleplay situations which can escalate into arguments etc. which is not what the OOC chat was designed for.

Feedback here pretty much clarifies the necessity for the /b input; simply reporting players using the function incorrectly is much more convenient than removing the chat players use often to conversate with admins in sits or clarify necessary information to ensure roleplay isn't disruptive with their sudden absences e.g. personal emergencies which makes players AFK etc. 

Not in favour of this suggestion unfortunately.

If important information regarding a scene needs to be relayed, use /do. It’s what it’s there for. 

I support the ability to tog /b. Too many times it leads to clutter, and I wish there was an option to toggle it 

Edited by Glitch
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Disable /B -> People just use /DO for ooc comments. 

Do you understand what's purpose of /do command? I think not.

40 minutes ago, fortyfive said:

not gonna run efficiently if this suggestion implemented, imo. People might just use "))" at the end of their sentences in normal chat to representing /b if it's being toggled for some party.

just leave it like it is, we don't need to fix something that isn't broken.

This. Someone overusing /b? /report. Simple as that.

7 hours ago, Свето said:

What if someone has toggled off their PMs? I know I often do.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t toggle PMs fully. You can only block them from certain people. So, unless you block anyone you interact with, you wouldn’t have an issue. 

2 minutes ago, Melly said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t toggle PMs fully. You can only block them from certain people. So, unless you block anyone you interact with, you wouldn’t have an issue. 

/toggle and see what are all the options. You can toggle PMs fully I think.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic