Divide between illegal/legal role players

bonk

14 minutes ago, Koko said:

Not all legal RPers are shallow mallrats playing snowflakes and throwing fits whenever they don't win; not all illegal RPers are out there chaining robberies and playing out their edgy Scarface/Breaking Bad/Narcos fantasy.

While this is very true, I would reiterate that we can only feasibly avoid one of these.

Trying to avoid the other will get you a CK or a ding on your record unless you can make a clear and convincing case of the other person being an absolute shitter - which you may very well be able to, but that's time wasted when the system itself could address this fairly easily.

1 hour ago, Garras Up said:

idk what u think happens in the world but bro, people still commit crimes infront of cameras.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/01/09/ms-13-gang-member-captured-killing-ex-girlfriend-front-daughter/ 

(Sidenote, don't watch the video, it's fucked )

I mean, currently in order to use CCTV cameras outside your business or home that you placed using exterior furniture you are instructed to obtain OOC permission from the criminal party in order to use Screenshots & preferably Video recording (Shadowplay, ReLive, Outplayed etc)

The rule I speak of:

Spoiler

f428a2ca1116ea63b5b64e48ef78f380.png

As you can clearly see, it's a get out of trouble free ticket for the offending party in case owner of said CCTV wants to use it to report incident to the LSPD/SASD. While LSPD, SASD & FD can use Dashcams without anyone's consent. This rule needs to change, meaning yes, you can commit a crime in front of a camera, but there's consequences that will follow once that footage is handed over to either LSPD/SASD especially if you are not masked.

Moreover, I've had an incident where an off duty Deputy from the SASD denied me CCTV permission when I asked for it, due to a scene she was causing forcing me to roleplay taking my phone out to record incident  (mind you my CCTV has 0 sound recording, while phone did record EVERYTHING she said IC) which means the person she was harassing can use my phone recording to file a complaint against her IC and sue the department as well.

I do appreciate a good roleplay scene that involves illegal roleplay, if it is done well. Majority of times, people deny CCTV because they can and rules allow them to. That rule is as old as I can recall, reason being in SAMP days (circa 2007~2013 before Shadowplay became a thing and others followed with making their own software) where majority of people (rare few had the money to buy a rig that could) had literal potato PC's that could not record video while playing the game. These days any computer from the last five years can support either Shadowplay (Nvidia) or ReLive (AMD) software along with running the game.

If a person can present VIDEO recording of the incident without editing anything in it (except trimming it's length) that can & should be accepted as valid CCTV.

Any criminal activity is high risk & at times high reward. Not saying there are no issues on Legal roleplay side either, but majority of the bad encounters I've had as a Legal role-player was from Illegal. About 70% illegal and 30% legal encounters were bad.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I mean, currently in order to use CCTV cameras outside your business or home that you placed using exterior furniture you are instructed to obtain OOC permission from the criminal party in order to use Screenshots & preferably Video recording (Shadowplay, ReLive, Outplayed etc)

The rule I speak of:

Reveal hidden contents

f428a2ca1116ea63b5b64e48ef78f380.png

As you can clearly see, it's a get out of trouble free ticket for the offending party in case owner of said CCTV wants to use it to report incident to the LSPD/SASD. While LSPD, SASD & FD can use Dashcams without anyone's consent. This rule needs to change, meaning yes, you can commit a crime in front of a camera, but there's consequences that will follow once that footage is handed over to either LSPD/SASD especially if you are not masked.

Moreover, I've had an incident where an off duty Deputy from the SASD denied me CCTV permission when I asked for it, due to a scene she was causing forcing me to roleplay taking my phone out to record incident  (mind you my CCTV has 0 sound recording, while phone did record EVERYTHING she said IC) which means the person she was harassing can use my phone recording to file a complaint against her IC and sue the department as well.

I do appreciate a good roleplay scene that involves illegal roleplay, if it is done well. Majority of times, people deny CCTV because they can and rules allow them to. That rule is as old as I can recall, reason being in SAMP days (circa 2007~2013 before Shadowplay became a thing and others followed with making their own software) where majority of people (rare few had the money to buy a rig that could) had literal potato PC's that could not record video while playing the game. These days any computer from the last five years can support either Shadowplay (Nvidia) or ReLive (AMD) software along with running the game.

If a person can present VIDEO recording of the incident without editing anything in it (except trimming it's length) that can & should be accepted as valid CCTV.

Any criminal activity is high risk & at times high reward. Not saying there are no issues on Legal roleplay side either, but majority of the bad encounters I've had as a Legal role-player was from Illegal. About 70% illegal and 30% legal encounters were bad.

I mean sure i see what ur saying, but i don't think the rule should be removed or even remotely changed, purely because I've witnessed people try to rp CCTV and mislead other parties, hence why the rule's there. I once had a store owner tell the cops in /do that they'd see an entirely different situation from what really happened and due to the fact that I can't use shadowplay or anything like that without my game's FPS becoming unbearable, i wouldn't have been able to prove otherwise.,

If I hadn't denied CCTV permission right there, I'd have ended up in jail for something that didn't happen and would've likely had to sit through a 3-4 week long report, which is already a pain in the arse without shit like what I just described happening, the rule's definitely needed, no matter how unrealistic it is for CCTV to 'not catch' certain shit.

Most serious criminal rpers will happily allow CCTV to be used so long as the owner of whatever business or house has the CCTV roleplays shit correctly and fairly.

Edited by Garras Up
8 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

I mean sure i see what ur saying, but i don't think the rule should be removed or even remotely changed, purely because I've witnessed people try to rp CCTV and mislead other parties, hence why the rule's there. I once had a store owner tell the cops in /do that they'd see an entirely different situation from what really happened and due to the fact that I can't use shadowplay or anything like that without my game's FPS becoming unbearable, i wouldn't have been able to prove otherwise.,

If I hadn't denied CCTV permission right there, I'd have ended up in jail for something that didn't happen and would've likely had to sit through a 3-4 week long report, which is already a pain in the arse without shit like what I just described happening, the rule's definitely needed, no matter how unrealistic it is for CCTV to 'not catch' certain shit.

Most serious criminal rpers will happily allow CCTV to be used so long as the owner of whatever business or house has the CCTV roleplays shit correctly and fairly.

With all honesty, I do not see ANY difference with or without Shadowplay on my computer. I believe 3rd party software would tank FPS but Shadowplay speaks directly to the graphics card on a level that no 3rd party software can to record video. Moreover, the only change to the rule should be, is if the person who owns the CCTV can provide VIDEO recording of the incident (to both parties meaning PD and criminal) then yes, no permission required.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 1

Personally? I don't like the suggestions of "just ignore them" or "don't RP with them" that just doesn't work, RP isn't a single player activity, takes two to tango. 

Speak to them instead, enlighten them on your opinion without coming  across as condescending, ask them for an explanation, maybe it makes sense big picture wise. If you don't? Nothings going to change, people don't change unless they know they're in the wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Because you have the understand this server says it's a heavy rp server. However people don't rp their characters, they play the game like it's a second life and do things that they would do in real life not what their characters do. This is why you don't see many realistic interactions, people would rather play the game like it's a second life rpg and make friends online and all that sort of stuff. It's a shame really, but you can tell who's the good roleplayers and who isn't but when you've got this many players on a server you need someone to buy donations.