Think Tank for illegal rp

Tony White

4 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Our business reported a faction trying to extort us by wordlessly (and with no emote either, mind) running up with a bat, beating us to death, then yelling "y'all better pay up" before running away.

The adjudicating staff member told us that because they were trying to extort us, it was valid and no punishment would be issued. The building was burned up for the next 48 hours by the same people.

This was around a year ago, and more or less all the staff from that era have been replaced.

All of this is to say that we have an IFM who've historically been far too lax with this sort of behavior; I've seen very encouraging signs from them lately in the opposite direction, but understand that the general perception of those who've been around this block is that staff tends to cover for this behavior more than they punish it - or, again, this has historically been the case.

So again, to the issue at hand - an echo chamber of staff and illegal players will only foster even more mistrust and undo progress in transparency and evenly applied standards.

But the purpose of it ain't to impose nothing on civilian roleplayers. I understand that something went down a year ago, and it's left a bad taste in your mouth.  This won't empower illegal roleplay over civilian roleplay. You can still voice your concerns on general discussions, you know? 

There's always two sides to a story, but that sounds like The Godfather 1 video game. 

Edited by Bader.
12 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

What I find funny, is that legal RPers think they actually know something about crimes that illegal RPers are committing.

See this is the problem. Criminals think they know something about crimes, without doing actual research.

Lemme put it this way, I actually happen to know how exactly extortion was done in 90s. Handgrenade at restaurant window, a blank yes, but enough to scare the manager off. Hushed deals behind closed doors where people signed a contract about protection, their protection. Overpriced alcohol bottles sold to bars cause the brewery was mob controlled. I could go on.

But first and foremost, you need protection from the law if you wanna run a successful criminal joint. Not talking about gangs atm, but each group operating above gang level, usually has lawyers and few cops in their pockets, sometimes even a judge.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Syrike locked this topic