Think Tank for illegal rp

Tony White

One thing I do get from reading this thread is that there is a lot of 'us' and 'them' mentality and that's something which is not helpful to this kind of conversation.

I'd have thought it in every player's interest to have a realistic, well thought out illegal RP scene. It's not just good for Illegal RPers, but it's good for LEO's and it's good for legal RPers too.

That said, I'm not sure the best people to discuss illegal RP are just illegal RPers (which the OP kind of suggested). I'd suggest that it's a far more well rounded discussion to get responsible people from all aspects of the server to have a proper discussion on the topic.

7 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Why are legal RPers commenting here? No offense, even if I don't think there's a need for this thread, illegal and IFM should be commenting as a whole. Legal RPers always complain, and ruin it for the illegal side of things with their comments, and ofc the server sides with them because they're the majority and we're the minority.

The legal side has the same opinion about the illegal roleplayers. Why comment on legal RP things? Illegal roleplayers only complain about us and ruin it for the legal roleplayers.

If you want a good, well contributed, discussion, everyone should comment on it no matter what subject.

Edited by Nikki
Just now, Nikki said:

The legal side has the same opinion about you. why comment on legal RP things? Illegal roleplayers only complain about us and ruin it for the legal roleplayers.

If you want a good, well contributed, discussion, everyone should comment on it no matter what subject.

I don't comment on legal things. So that accusation is really far fetched from you, aren't you the same guy that complains when the smallest thing doesn't go his way? 😒

• Upvote 1
Just now, Nikki said:

I meant ''you'' as in the entire illegal roleplayers side, should have clarified that a bit better, my apologies! 🙂 

When you say "you", you mean "you". I don't know if you know how the English language works bud, but that should've been "y'all" or "everyone". "You" directly points to the person you're talking to. 

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Thats basicly how discord works too? Tag a staff member and done? Seems even easyer.

I think you are against it because you would be first person on the blacklist of that section. But it's good to know that truth hurts. 

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Yes, that's why we have YOU derailing this discussion because once upon the time Wak9 members ruined DJ Kayleigh's reputation ICly. Having everyone participating innit brings up toxicity and shit fiesta you started making on this topic. That's the main reason why's there a need for the private section.

4 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

I don't comment on legal things. So that accusation is really far fetched from you, aren't you the same guy that complains when the smallest thing doesn't go his way? 😒

Yes, he's that guy.

Thread went offtopic, and we all know the reason why. Dutch, you want to continue it? Feel free to shoot me a message on the discord, because I don't want to derail the topic along with you because of the issues you have.

24 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

One thing I do get from reading this thread is that there is a lot of 'us' and 'them' mentality and that's something which is not helpful to this kind of conversation.

I'd have thought it in every player's interest to have a realistic, well thought out illegal RP scene. It's not just good for Illegal RPers, but it's good for LEO's and it's good for legal RPers too.

That said, I'm not sure the best people to discuss illegal RP are just illegal RPers (which the OP kind of suggested). I'd suggest that it's a far more well rounded discussion to get responsible people from all aspects of the server to have a proper discussion on the topic.

This is valid, and worthy of a response because I know people want to turn this into a shit show, and I won't go back and forth with them on it. 

The whole "us vs them" mentality is shit, I agree with you. It's not something I ever want to endorse. I believe every section of the community should get along, and the overall roleplay scene should be healthy. Criminals need civilians, civilians need cops, and cops need criminals. Everyone should thrive off each other. 

The reason why I suggested it should be illegal roleplayers, and for it to be monitored by IFM/LFM is because of things like the drug system, or even the supplier system. Or even providing constructive feedback between each other about the many different themes of illegal roleplay. It's not going to be a section that imposes anything on anyone who ain't a illegal roleplayer. 

But there's certain topics that always get derailed, and this is one of them. There's a lot of great suggestions on the IFM discord, but they get washed away with spam. I think a section on the forums will help preserve those ideas.  

How will a section do more harm than good to anyone on the server? 

Edited by Bader.

There's no point in going back and forth with someone who can't keep nothing in-character. Their judgement is clearly flawed, so I won't bother even responding to Nikki. I'm not going to turn this into a back and forth argument. 

1 minute ago, Greyfeather said:

If they get a secret Illegal Faction Think Tank, then I want a secret Mallrat Think Tank.

Only Mallrats who've demonstrated extraordinary commitment to achieving the holy grail of Legal RP -- chaining /anim ravedances together to form a dazzling dance routine -- will be invited to participate. 

Try-outs on the ULSA sports field this weekend to determine which of the select few Illegal Faction people we'll let into our sororit....er...Think Tank. Wear Spandex. Be prepared to razzle-dazzle.

Cringe. 

• Syrike locked this topic