Think Tank for illegal rp

Tony White

21 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Except that your faction, if you're with Waknine / a certain someone else, found loopholes around that and made sure you're not in a reportable position. One instance I recall is one of YOUR faction members extorting someone over a watch and completely ruining their reputation, resulting in this character simply not being played anymore out of fear for a CK even though the character has been here since 2018. That is genuinely concerning but due to loopholes not reportable. Reflect yourself before stating this to others.

I assure you that Wak9 members don't give a single fuck about Kayleigh Prescott, you're tripping. Yet again, IC issue.

I believe a forum section would be very beneficial. I do understand that there’s a discord server for illegal roleplayers to voice their concern to the relevant staff members but it’s very easy to lose track on discord.

An organised, monitored forum section is necessary in my opinion and will help a lot.

Edited by Heating Up

37 minutes ago, Nikki said:

If you want to improve and set a bar? Why not allow genuinely concerned legal roleplayers have a say in it too? You are literally excluding legal roleplayers from the discussion while we already feel unheard and ignored because of this extortion system which is basicly play to win. Its one of the main reason people back off from a business. When you start a business right now, you basicly sign a CK agreement; ''I'm a business owner and I agreed to be CKed if thug-group-X asks for money and I don't give''. That is not how it should work.

This is not a player report section.

38 minutes ago, Nikki said:

For these discussions you already have a discord together with IFM, and this is already enough for you to discuss things on a case by case basis, which is enough in my opinion. Further improvements in the illegal roleplay scene and discussions about the division between legal and illegal roleplayers on an OOC level must happen together if you want to succeed.

I will be glad to hand you the invite to illegal community discord, join the most toxic discord you have ever seen. And it's a discord server, do you think that anyone can be assed with scrolling up million messages to check if the suggestion was good or not? I doubt it. 

18 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

1) Everyone can make an illegal character (I have one!) - so everyone would have access anyway?

No, you wouldn't have access, you'd have to be picked from faction leaders/fm to have the access.

1 hour ago, Gall said:

Civilians and legal roleplayers having no clue of what they're talking about keep spreading misinformation without citing any valid sources to back their claims. This leads to constant bickering leaving too much clutter for any admin to go through and nine out of ten threads end up being locked serving no purpose at all.

3 hours ago, Flow said:

Civilians and legal roleplayers having no clue of what they're talking about keep spreading misinformation without citing any valid sources to back their claims. This leads to constant bickering leaving too much clutter for any admin to go through and nine out of ten threads end up being locked serving no purpose at all.

A few Legal RPers in this thread proving some stereotypes right and showing their bias/hate/lack of knowledge on the Illegal RP scene.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Except that your faction, if you're with Waknine / a certain someone else, found loopholes around that and made sure you're not in a reportable position. One instance I recall is one of YOUR faction members extorting someone over a watch and completely ruining their reputation, resulting in this character simply not being played anymore out of fear for a CK even though the character has been here since 2018. That is genuinely concerning but due to loopholes not reportable. Reflect yourself before stating this to others.

If you want to improve and set a bar? Why not allow genuinely concerned legal roleplayers have a say in it too? You are literally excluding legal roleplayers from the discussion while we already feel unheard and ignored because of this extortion system which is basicly play to win. Its one of the main reason people back off from a business. When you start a business right now, you basicly sign a CK agreement; ''I'm a business owner and I agreed to be CKed if thug-group-X asks for money and I don't give''. That is not how it should work.

For these discussions you already have a discord together with IFM, and this is already enough for you to discuss things on a case by case basis, which is enough in my opinion. Further improvements in the illegal roleplay scene and discussions about the division between legal and illegal roleplayers on an OOC level must happen together if you want to succeed.

Still a big no, you need and should want outside opinions, wether they agree with you or not. You say this isn't an ''us vs you'' situation, while this is exactly what it has become.

What are you even talking about? Your character wasn't top notch at all, no offense. We have never even intended on roleplaying around you before you decided to act all super woman and go nuts. 

You had your reputation ruined by a member, it happens. Watch your loose lips next time, yeah? Plus, no one wanted to CK you so don't bring it up as if it was an option, you can be paranoid all you want.

If you feel like anyone broke the rules, go ahead and forum report. Otherwise, look at your own RP level and your own realistic mind-set before going at others, bro.

Most of you legal roleplayers think you're like Gods in this server, you avoid any fear roleplay, you avoid accepting the facts that sometimes you're not more dangerous than the guy infront of you, but nah. It's GTA W so legal roleplayers do whatever they want and think they're all great while doing it, nah. You look bad, so most of you civilian roleplayers go fix your shit before going off on anyone. 

On topic, I think it'll be ten times better to have such section and suggest stuff to improve the quality around the server, on the illegal side of course. Discord can be heard but can be ignored on the same breathe, it's hard to keep up with discord.

Edited by kokaine ron
  • Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

I will be glad to hand you the invite to illegal community discord, join the most toxic discord you have ever seen. And it's a discord server,

That speaks more of the community in it, and thus illegal roleplayers, than about the discord, doesn't it? How will a forum section be not toxic?

2 minutes ago, PelzigJager said:

A few Legal RPers in this thread proving some stereotypes right and showing their bias/hate/lack of knowledge on the Illegal RP scene.

This hate comes from somewhere and thats most likely subpar RP that is not being addressed. In every thread I come across that addresses illegal roleplay, the illegal roleplayers are the one's actually derailling or trolling the thread. No shit the discord mentioned above is toxic; illegal roleplayers refuse to listen to feedback. No shit they're hated.

2 minutes ago, kokaine ron said:

If you feel like anyone broke the rules, go ahead and forum report. Otherwise, look at your own RP level and your own realistic mind-set before going at others, bro.

This is easy to say when loopholes are being exploited. ''IC is IC cuh''; no, at this point, the subpar RP isn't IC anymore.

but we are straying too far off-topic. Lets not do that. I stated exemples of the topic author contradicting himself / his factions with his / their ingame actions, which is mentionworthy.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

That speaks more of the community in it, and thus illegal roleplayers, than about the discord, doesn't it? How will a forum section be not toxic?

That's exactly my point that you're missing. That discord has 300+ members inside, and that's why it's toxic. Forum section can be easily handled, and people would be picked, who can participate and who can't. Toxicity? Removed, banned. It can be easily monitored on the forums. Simple as that. Can you please now start providing us with some valid arguments, instead of hating on illegal Roleplayers because Wak9 shut your reputation down, and you got triggered OOCly by IC things?

10 hours ago, Henning said:

I don't think we should section the community off like that. When it comes to discussing the community everyone should be able to voice their concerns, even if those concerns are invalid or completely baseless from the prospective of those of us near the issue. What I would like to see however is staff coming down more and making official statements on shit. The thread about extortion should have been closed weeks ago, From what I've seen the stance by staff right now is "deal with it IC" yet there's no official comment stating this, instead the threads allowed to continue to fester and spread more misinformation.

This. All of this.

7 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

That's exactly my point that you're missing. That discord has 300+ members inside, and that's why it's toxic. Forum section can be easily handled, and people would be picked, who can participate and who can't. Toxicity? Removed, banned.

Thats basicly how discord works too? Tag a staff member and done? Seems even easyer.

10 hours ago, Henning said:

I don't think we should section the community off like that. When it comes to discussing the community everyone should be able to voice their concerns, even if those concerns are invalid or completely baseless from the prospective of those of us near the issue. What I would like to see however is staff coming down more and making official statements on shit. The thread about extortion should have been closed weeks ago, From what I've seen the stance by staff right now is "deal with it IC" yet there's no official comment stating this, instead the threads allowed to continue to fester and spread more misinformation.

Why are legal RPers commenting here? No offense, even if I don't think there's a need for this thread, illegal and IFM should be commenting as a whole. Legal RPers always complain, and ruin it for the illegal side of things with their comments, and ofc the server sides with them because they're the majority and we're the minority.

• Upvote 1
  • Syrike locked this topic