Think Tank for illegal rp

Tony White

16 hours ago, Bader. said:

How would you guys feel about the idea of making a forum that's private for illegal rpers. It will obviously be monitored by IFM or even LFM, and it can be a place where illegal rpers get to voice their concerns, or even post suggestions to better the scene on the server. 

Obviously this forum section will be exclusive to illegal rpers handpicked by IFM and faction leaders on the server. The discussions and topics that will be discussed will obviously be monitored by IFM, and obviously since it's only people who are known in the scene or run factions, the dialogue should be good - and hopefully better the scene on the server. 

No.

If illegal roleplay truely wishes to move on from the 1950's, they will and should want to require outside opinions. Your suggestions makes this completely impossible, while legal roleplayers should also have a voice in these things.

16 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Illegal RP doesn't need a think tank. It needs Jesus, because it hasn't (or has barely) moved since 2008 Godfather script RP.

2 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Considering the opinions of your fellow players to be 'clutter' might just be why nothing has changed about illegal RP in the past few years except the race of the banger on the back of the BF400 that pulls up to rob you.

chrome_ToybRBPmaD.png.5c283409e160a1828b21c81e1a8153b8.png

No one's saying the sub-par experiences you may've had are reasonable and realistic. There are right channels to pick to report the same.
If you're saying a collective decision involving input from ALL faction leaders, IFM as well as LFM, selected members from PD, SD, FD & a few civilians who've held themselves to a standard wouldn't hold merit, then, sure. You're entitled to your opinion.

2 minutes ago, Flow said:

No one's saying the sub-par experiences you may've had are reasonable and realistic. There are right channels to pick to report the same.

Except these are the norm, rather than a series of isolated incidents. Where is the "accusation or difficult question" again? That anyone not on a list of people you've deemed "knowledgeable" has no valid input to provide on a particular topic?

unknown.png

It's not whataboutism to point out that continually disregarding a fellow player's opinion feeds into the more toxic mindset plaguing the illegal community in that some of them don't particularly seem to care whether the player on the other end of their RP is having fun or not. These same players then go on to whine that realistically proportioned punishments for their character's actions would not be fun for them.

Faction leaders are no more (or less) worthy of being heard on this topic than any other player, but mentioning "select members" does give rise to a reasonable suspicion that those excluded from the conversation will happen to be those who do not agree with a particular set of ideas.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Flow said:

Civilians and legal roleplayers having no clue of what they're talking about keep spreading misinformation without citing any valid sources to back their claims. This leads to constant bickering leaving too much clutter for any admin to go through and nine out of ten threads end up being locked serving no purpose at all.

• Upvote 2

I know there's a few people who want this thread to turn into a back and forth argument, so I'm not going to entertain it. If people are roleplaying like they belong in the 1950s, then go report it. Don't derail this thread. How is having a think tank going to effect anyone? Wouldn't a think tank where faction leaders can come together and discuss things would be even more beneficial? IFM can set the standard, and valid concerns can be discussed on it. 

There's a report section, go use it. If civilian roleplayers ain't happy then they can go report people. 

I'd like to point out that 99% players on the server, never had any major run-ins with the law. So please stop using the sentence, civilian and legal roleplayers have no clue what they are talking about, cause you don't either. Let's be honest here, even if you do your research to portray a criminal. Same research can be done by anyone, so it's quite difficult to think civilian and legal roleplayers can provide no input. 

Edited by Engelbert

It seems like a lot of the players on the server are salty because something happened to them, and they turn around and blame a whole section of the server for it. It's like me turning around and saying " hey every civilian is rping in their 20s, and they treat the server like it's a Ken & Barbie stimulator, so let's just burn them all!!!! 

I get that some people have been effected by the actions of some illegal roleplayers, but you guys have to channel all this energy into reporting those illegal rpers.

This think tank ain't going to impose nothing on nobody. It's not going to ruin any civilian's roleplay too. It's just a place where members of the illegal scene can throw around suggestions and ideas to better the faction scene on the server, or maybe even set the bar. This ain't a us vs you situation. 

• Upvote 1

No lol, if you want to suggest something you can easily come to an agreement on the Illegal community Discord server and then bring up the suggestion to here without the need of having a whole separate forum section for "Illegal suggestions", doesn't make any sense and it isn't needed too for the fact a forum section for public suggestions already exists.

30 minutes ago, Bader. said:

It seems like a lot of the players on the server are salty because something happened to them, and they turn around and blame a whole section of the server for it. It's like me turning around and saying " hey every civilian is rping in their 20s, and they treat the server like it's a Ken & Barbie stimulator, so let's just burn them all!!!!

I get that some people have been effected by the actions of some illegal roleplayers, but you guys have to channel all this energy into reporting those illegal rpers.

Except that your faction, if you're with Waknine / a certain someone else, found loopholes around that and made sure you're not in a reportable position. One instance I recall is one of YOUR faction members extorting someone over a watch and completely ruining their reputation, resulting in this character simply not being played anymore out of fear for a CK even though the character has been here since 2018. That is genuinely concerning but due to loopholes not reportable. Reflect yourself before stating this to others.

30 minutes ago, Bader. said:

This think tank ain't going to impose nothing on nobody. It's not going to ruin any civilian's roleplay too. It's just a place where members of the illegal scene can throw around suggestions and ideas to better the faction scene on the server, or maybe even set the bar. This ain't a us vs you situation. 

If you want to improve and set a bar? Why not allow genuinely concerned legal roleplayers have a say in it too? You are literally excluding legal roleplayers from the discussion while we already feel unheard and ignored because of this extortion system which is basicly play to win. Its one of the main reason people back off from a business. When you start a business right now, you basicly sign a CK agreement; ''I'm a business owner and I agreed to be CKed if thug-group-X asks for money and I don't give''. That is not how it should work.

For these discussions you already have a discord together with IFM, and this is already enough for you to discuss things on a case by case basis, which is enough in my opinion. Further improvements in the illegal roleplay scene and discussions about the division between legal and illegal roleplayers on an OOC level must happen together if you want to succeed.

Still a big no, you need and should want outside opinions, wether they agree with you or not. You say this isn't an ''us vs you'' situation, while this is exactly what it has become.

Edited by Nikki
  • Syrike locked this topic