Think Tank for illegal rp

Tony White

I think from an outside perspective illegal RP is such a neglected niche of players while in reality the illegal RP scene is one of the biggest driving factors within the sever. The idea that @Nervous suggested having a panel of illegal RP'ers have input on what changes or additions to the script could aid with illegal roleplay was a perfect step in the right direction.

More support is most definitely required and a place for ideas to be aired out and presidents to be set is perfect.

I believe this is good infact, given LEOs have their own comm channels. I just think that this would rather deepen the abyss between civ and illegal roleplay. Stemming from some civ players seeing the game presented more like cops and robbers, rather than world server.

Edited by Engelbert
3 hours ago, Bader. said:

Why does it need to be aired out infront of the whole community? I’ve seen multiple discussion on the forums where they start off good, but end up getting derailed.

If you don't understand why all discussions pertaining to role play on the forums should be available to be seen by all community members so they can chime in, I am all but certain that you don't see or understand even one of the problems that plague illegal rp on this server.

I've been on and off the server for a few years and while I understand that the overall standard of illegal RP had been considered "below average", I think civ RPers fail to realise that they meet that same standard. It's just that their RP doesn't involve ruining someone else's day via a crime.

Saying that, I agree that if there's already a discord for faction leaders to discuss issues within the illegal RP scene then moving it to the forums where points can be made without interruption is a healthy step forward. I disagree with the idea of 'well known rpers' being added to those discussions. Faction leaders and staff members from FM should be the only ones with access to avoid a situation where a group of like-minded friends take over the suggestion board for the faction scene. Seen it happen before, can imagine it happening again.

16 minutes ago, mattmocz said:

If it’s already done on discord, not sure why it couldn’t be formalized and done via the forums.

I know it's done in Discord, but as someone who's in that Discord it's very hard to keep up with the suggestions. On the forums it would be way better. I knew that non illegal rpers will be heavily opposed to it, but you can't keep everyone happy. I don't want to impose anything on anyone who isn't part of the illegal scene. I just think a section on the forums where illegal roleplayers can contribute will be very beneficial to the server. 

Also, I one hundred percent agree with you. If it's done on Discord, why can't it be done on the forums? Where it's easier to keep on top of everything. 

Edited by Bader.

I've been involved in a lot of discussions which I thought would be fruitful in the illegal discord, I mean some of them were but most just got off track and nothing was actually accomplished, I think a group with a section of people who're actually willing to have formal discussions, without the legal/illegal saga we have here on every other topic would be beneficial to illegal roleplay overall.

A good percentage of the discussions here get derailed also and nothing is actually accomplished.

28 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

I've been involved in a lot of discussions which I thought would be fruitful in the illegal discord, I mean some of them were but most just got off track and nothing was actually accomplished, I think a group with a section of people who're actually willing to have formal discussions, without the legal/illegal saga we have here on every other topic would be beneficial to illegal roleplay overall.

A good percentage of the discussions here get derailed also and nothing is actually accomplished.

Just looked through that forum feature called "Clubs". Should ask if Admins would create an open group on there dedicated to this. That way it's still out there for everyone to read, but simply organizes all the illegal RP ideas & threads in one place without getting cluttered with all other non-illegal related threads. This also helps to consolidate better than the IFM Discord. There is an open group for Government as an example.

Screenshot_2021-01-19 Topics.png

Edited by Cypher
16 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Illegal RP doesn't need a think tank. It needs Jesus, because it hasn't (or has barely) moved since 2008 Godfather script RP.

Right, your opinion is law chief. Helpful input to the purpose of the thread, either way.

For those saying these discussions should be made public? We've all seen what happens when public suggestions like these are made.

Civilians and legal roleplayers having no clue of what they're talking about keep spreading misinformation without citing any valid sources to back their claims. This leads to constant bickering leaving too much clutter for any admin to go through and nine out of ten threads end up being locked serving no purpose at all.

I'm for this suggestion, and as for the 'echo chamber' argument? Given that the ideas are surrounded around illegal RP?
Absolutely nothing wrong with the majority of the circle discussing these ideas being illegal roleplayers, preferably, faction leaders only, again to save clutter. Although, we can have a couple people with the right knowledge from the legal FM staff, as well as SD / PD / FD add their two cents for the topic at hand as well to get a perspective from the other side for things the illegal roleplayers may have overlooked, same case with a few handpicked people roleplaying civilians given they've got a good standing. But we've all seen very little come out of any public discussions at all, and this would definitely be a great step.

Edited by Flow
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Flow said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the majority of the circle discussing these ideas being illegal roleplayers, preferably, faction leaders only, again to save clutter.

Considering the opinions of your fellow players to be 'clutter' might just be why nothing has changed about illegal RP in the past few years except the race of the banger on the back of the BF400 that pulls up to rob you.

• Syrike locked this topic