Think Tank for illegal rp

Tony White

How would you guys feel about the idea of making a forum that's private for illegal rpers. It will obviously be monitored by IFM or even LFM, and it can be a place where illegal rpers get to voice their concerns, or even post suggestions to better the scene on the server. 

Obviously this forum section will be exclusive to illegal rpers handpicked by IFM and faction leaders on the server. The discussions and topics that will be discussed will obviously be monitored by IFM, and obviously since it's only people who are known in the scene or run factions, the dialogue should be good - and hopefully better the scene on the server. 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, joshua said:

there's already a discord for illegal FM & faction leaders/higher ups, don't see why that needs to be reproduced on the forums

There's a big difference between a Discord and a section on the forums. On the forums it's more formal, and people will always contribute more. And also instead of the chat getting clattered up, it will be easy for IFM to see everything. Someone will post a thread on a certain topic, and people can discuss the said topic. 

There's a big difference between forums and Discord. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, borhoi said:

That'd quickly and easily turn into an echo chamber. If people want to air out ideas about RP, be it legal, illegal, or just civvie stuff, let it be aired out for the whole community to talk about far as the forums here go.

Why does it need to be aired out infront of the whole community? I’ve seen multiple discussion on the forums where they start off good, but end up getting derailed. 

This solely will be a platform between illegal players, and Ifm/lfm to monitor it all.

8 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Illegal RP doesn't need a think tank. It needs Jesus, because it hasn't (or has barely) moved since 2008 Godfather script RP.

We can agree to disagree. 

I don't think we should section the community off like that. When it comes to discussing the community everyone should be able to voice their concerns, even if those concerns are invalid or completely baseless from the prospective of those of us near the issue. What I would like to see however is staff coming down more and making official statements on shit. The thread about extortion should have been closed weeks ago, From what I've seen the stance by staff right now is "deal with it IC" yet there's no official comment stating this, instead the threads allowed to continue to fester and spread more misinformation.

• Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, Henning said:

I don't think we should section the community off like that. When it comes to discussing the community everyone should be able to voice their concerns, even if those concerns are invalid or completely baseless from the prospective of those of us near the issue. What I would like to see however is staff coming down more and making official statements on shit. The thread about extortion should have been closed weeks ago, From what I've seen the stance by staff right now is "deal with it IC" yet there's no official comment stating this, instead the threads allowed to continue to fester and spread more misinformation.

It's not really about sectioning off the community, that's not what I'm proposing here. People should definitely still voice their concerns, especially the civilians on the server. I'm talking about a section that is closed, and monitored. A place where people can discuss issues they have, or even suggestions. Once something is discussed, IFM can inform the rest of the community about it if they ever want to implement the suggestion. 

This will be a section for IFM/LFM, and illegal roleplayers. A place where everyone can voice their opinion and contribute towards the illegal scene. The only way to better the scene on the server is if people can engage in discussion. 

Edited by Bader.
  • Syrike locked this topic