Age accuracy and diversity

ChickenOffSky

It’s pretty clear that a large majority of the population is in their early twenties. That being said, many of these people own a fair amount of businesses around the city or have high valued jobs in the city. I guess the question that has been pondering me is “Is someone in their early twenties who owns a business realistic?” I know this isn’t impossible yet something about it doesn’t feel accurate. I feel the same way when I see someone calling themselves a CEO while being only 22. 

Aside from this thought, I also feel like there isn’t enough age diversity in the city. I RP as someone who is 33 and a majority of the time  when I go somewhere I’m usually the oldest person there. Because of this this it feels like I’m RPing with A bunch of kids. Does anybody else feel this way? 

Now I just want to say that I don’t have anything against people choosing to RP in this age range. I’m always been a big “RP how you want to RP” kind of person. This post in no way has the intentions of bashing people who may fall into the category. Please don’t target me in any way for this as this post was meant to spark discussion.

It wasn't always like that. I don't know what changed. Blame FaceInvader and IG model faceclaims?

As for young people being successful, no - in a vacuum it isn't too far-fetched and unrealistic.

The problem is when everyone is.

Soo, everyone thinks for their own selves - that's OK, and then you have the entire server at it and it becomes an eye-sore. Such is the cursed circle, and its like that with many things. Take models for example.

No clue of a solution.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
9 minutes ago, Bingoliath said:

if it's a problem - it's unfixable either way.
it's just what people want to rp, and we can't change that

That's not always true. Player Quality Management can always take a step up and fix it, it's just gone unchecked for awhile.

I think there should be a rule to ageing so characters get older over time and it all somehow makes sense. Right now you can be 15y/o today and 30 y/o tomorrow if you wanted to which is unrealistic. My point is that people can change their age but there is no rule to that so if I for example change my age from 25 to 28 in a period of 3 months I will be 28 but everyone else will be 25 which makes no sense while a lot of stuff has happened in this period.

Edited by ScottieP