Questions for my fellow Australian

Noke

Hey, haven’t been involved in RP for quite some time since early-mid LSRP days. 

I just got a general question regarding the latency/connection to a European based server. 

Is it playable and not terrible? Do cars look as if they’re floating and not driving? Do you get a noticeable disadvantage to someone with a better ping? 

Hope this is the correct thread to post, apologies if I’m mistaken. 

thanks 

Australian here, been playing GTAW for about 2 years.

There's definitively certain issues, and ping does exist, but it's far from unplayable. Small adjustments may need to be made (for example, if I wanted to PIT a vehicle by tapping its side whilst behind it, I would actually need to hit it slightly past the hood for it to sync correctly most of the time), but it's nothing gamebreaking. I win gunfights without issue, participate in pursuits (as an LSPD member), etc. Melee might be the worst example, but that doesn't sync well currently even with perfect ping.

Plenty of Australians/Oceanic players are on the server; I know of about 10 that are in LEO factions alone, and there's plenty more.

Edited by Sabess

Another Aussie here, no dramas from me in my six months here so far. I get an average of 282 ping, which on LS-RP I used to get 330+. Connecting at peak can be an issue sometimes, but if you press shift+tab (steam) when the server is downloading, after a minute it's usually done.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sabess said:

Australian here, been playing GTAW for about 2 years.

There's definitively certain issues, and ping does exist, but it's far from unplayable. Small adjustments may need to be made (for example, if I wanted to PIT a vehicle by tapping its side whilst behind it, I would actually need to hit it slightly past the hood for it to sync correctly most of the time), but it's nothing gamebreaking. I win gunfights without issue, participate in pursuits (as an LSPD member), etc. Melee might be the worst example, but that doesn't sync well currently even with perfect ping.

Plenty of Australians/Oceanic players are on the server; I know of about 10 that are in LEO factions alone, and there's plenty more.

I’d upvote, but I’ve exceeded my max 😭

• Thanks 1

You shouldn't experience many issues, You'll be able to participate in gunfights, car chases and everything legal as well without issue. The only issue that I can actually mention is the initial connection to the server which we have a thread about. All in all, no issues outside of connection issues sometimes.