Rage 1.1 & Live test sessions

If 1.1 was deployed today with few more fixes (furnitures, guns equipping, stutters)...  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if the next test session has minimal problems sure. but i have a feeling it won't go very swimmingly, last session did not go well, and while there's been a lot of bug fixes since, bug's have a way of multiplying.

just wait and be patient, i'm sure it'll get here when it does

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, KinnyWynny said:

if the next test session has minimal problems sure. but i have a feeling it won't go very swimmingly, last session did not go well, and while there's been a lot of bug fixes since, bug's have a way of multiplying.

just wait and be patient, i'm sure it'll get here when it does

it would be released much faster if it was allowed to have 100% of nervous' attention (and any other scripter that chooses to help). while some suggestions out there are great, nothing is more useful right now than 1.1

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, maramizo said:

it would be released much faster if it was allowed to have 100% of nervous' attention (and any other scripter that chooses to help). while some suggestions out there are great, nothing is more useful right now than 1.1

I have to agree with this. All of the updates are welcome but 1.1 would be the ultimate one at this point. Even if it's not polished yet, I didn't personally encounter any medium or major bugs to hinder my experience and was able to properly play and enjoy the game while the session lasted.

During the first test session, it was impossible to log in or play and especially to role-play normally. The last, however, went great. The sooner it gets here, the better. That's my opinion, anyway. Any minor bugs which will appear can be fixed on the way and I'm sure most people would be happy.

2 minutes ago, Entity said:

I have to agree with this. All of the updates are welcome but 1.1 would be the ultimate one at this point. Even if it's not polished yet, I didn't personally encounter any medium or major bugs to hinder my experience and was able to properly play and enjoy the game while the session lasted.

During the first test session, it was impossible to log in or play and especially to role-play normally. The last, however, went great. The sooner it gets here, the better. That's my opinion, anyway. Any minor bugs which will appear can be fixed on the way and I'm sure most people would be happy.

Obviously at a time where he's free and able to monitor the server comfortably I think Nervous should implement 1.1 for a week-long test to see how things pan out and see where we can go from there.

Even if safe, I feel like the extremely brief 1.1 test sessions that last a day at most are lacking and not the most accurate or "authentic" way to test and demonstrate 1.1.

20 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Obviously at a time where he's free and able to monitor the server comfortably I think Nervous should implement 1.1 for a week-long test to see how things pan out and see where we can go from there.

Even if safe, I feel like the extremely brief 1.1 test sessions that last a day at most are lacking and not the most accurate or "authentic" way to test and demonstrate 1.1.

The issue isn't on our side, it's on Rage's. These test sessions are made to identify bugs or bring craches. We've fixed all major / medium bugs on our gamemode due to 1.1, we're now waiting on Rage to fix the object streamer (can't furnish after 500 furnitures for example) which they said is their priority atm. 

11 minutes ago, Nervous said:

we're now waiting on Rage to fix the object streamer (can't furnish after 500 furnitures for example) which they said is their priority atm. 

Can't know for certain until we're there but would you say we'd be on track to getting 1.1 permanently once the object streamer's fixed? Unless I'm missing something this seems like the final bug waiting to get fixed before 1.1's implemented. 

On 3/1/2021 at 5:10 PM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I know people who crash while driving through Mission Row/Textile on 0.3.7, it just seems 1.1 makes whatever the issue is in Mission Row/Textile more apparent and a bigger issue for the minority  - maybe the massive clumps of high quality police vehicle mods all crammed in the same area could be the culprit? 

I’ve got a strong feeling that’s the case, and that the combination of about 5 or so police cars parked outside of Mission Row accompanied with the 12+ parked civilian cars parked either side of the street likely isn’t doing much help whatsoever when it comes to reducing the lag in that region.

Might be worth it to just request for officers to simply /vpark their civilian cars outside of Mission Row for the duration of them being on duty to reduce the overall lag there.