Rage 1.1 & Live test sessions

If 1.1 was deployed today with few more fixes (furnitures, guns equipping, stutters)...  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, StoneFire said:

AFAIK, those NBA and MLB team logos are a big no no.
Don't get me wrong, I love the majors and would fucking love to have the team caps available, but not only are they not acknowledged lore wise but my character wouldn't know shit about them. 
So even though you're expected to act your gangs realistically, but when all your characters grew up not knowing those teams and logo's I'm sure you'll survive IC'ly not having them available to you when you will probably have an alternative.

It is what it is, the overall point is here that 1.1 will make the server better for the majority of players, there will always be affected people but live goes on.

Nowhere has anyone said that sports teams are against the rules, nor has anybody ever been punished for it. I understand that legal role players don’t care about anybody but themselves, but please try to understand the point of view from anybody but your own this one time. 

Sports logos specifically play a large part in gang culture and are defiantly great to have. With that being said this isn't 2002 color banging has died out, although it would be nice to have branded items (not even sports hats but stuff like Nike Cortez/Nike hoodies in general), its not the end of the world if they aren't added to the mods that will come with 1.1. Would they be very nice to have? Yes. Is it the end of the world if they aren't added? No. Just gonna have to settle for the BIGNESS hoodie.  

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

Nowhere has anyone said that sports teams are against the rules, nor has anybody ever been punished for it. I understand that legal role players don’t care about anybody but themselves, but please try to understand the point of view from anybody but your own this one time. 

I'm literally mentioning that 1.1 is better for the majority of players, I'm getting fucked over by 1.1 yet I'm still for it because it makes the experience better for most people, I think that is caring for others than myself. 😅

And from the point of view that this is okay to experience:

Spoiler
2 hours ago, BigSmileLing said:

This isn't allowed and it's happening 
image.png.877b745f2e7ec34bc7d1ea1b3f5b32ed.png

Its hard to under understand that, because that's worse than having to miss out on team logos and IRL brands.
I just really want to make sure that when I see some banger, biker, cop, whatever your character is, that what he or she is wearing is what I actually see and not some weird case of wardrobe nuclear setoff.

Edited by StoneFire
4 hours ago, StoneFire said:

but not only are they not acknowledged lore wise but my character wouldn't know shit about them. 

So even though you're expected to act your gangs realistically, but when all your characters grew up not knowing those teams and logo's I'm sure you'll survive IC'ly not having them available to you

Honestly, I'm not sure where this argument comes from. There's an argument between whether or not we portray Los Angeles or a fictional state, but we're most certainly roleplaying America.

I see were people are coming from in terms of not wanting to miss out on their client side modifications, and hopefully somebody figures out how to work around the new way in which RageMP handles client side modding because of that. From the testing I would say there is still some time left between now and the server being ready to switch over to 1.1 so there's always a possibility that someone will come up with a way to make it work by then. That being said, we can't stay on 0.3.7 forever and would like to see the fixes that 1.1 brings added to the server as soon as it is stable to do so.

2 minutes ago, Dawn said:

Honestly, I'm not sure where this argument comes from. There's an argument between whether or not we portray Los Angeles or a fictional state, but we're most certainly roleplaying America.

It stems from a giant thread quite a while back on the topic of IRL brands vs Lore brands, and in that thread Nervous ultimately said IRL car brands will never be a thing on GTAW, but he didn't turn down the use of IRL brands outside of vehicles, BUT when the 1.1 official clothing mod thread came up IRL brands was quickly dismissed as possible to be supported, ighoul was brought on board and it was mentioned his awesome work would be available but without all the IRL branding.