Rage 1.1 & Live test sessions

If 1.1 was deployed today with few more fixes (furnitures, guns equipping, stutters)...  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Humpty Dumpty out here with the bumps, really hoping we get 1.1 soon.

Had a ton of momentum at the start of the year and we felt close to actually taking a step-up regarding the client but once again like the years prior we're falling in to this "rut" of promise where we're left stuck on a version of RageMP from just over 2 (maybe 3 at this point) years ago and trailed along with the promise of 1.1 coming soon.

• The only "high priority" bug regarding 1.1 is nothing to do with 1.1 but instead the gamemode which can be easily reproduced in 0.3.7.
  • The majority of "medium priority" bugs are either fixed, aren't exclusive to 1.1 or are so insignificant you'll never notice them.
  • The "rage bugs" yet again either being fixed, insignificant or extremely specific to reproduce.  

I apologize if I'm coming across as a cunt but we're SO CLOSE to 1.1 and the only thing holding us back from the plethora of sync improvements, bug fixes and clothing/tattoo/hair/etc mods are bugs we're ACTIVELY experiencing and have been dealing with for years at this point - the cons (and bugs) of implementing 1.1 are extremely outweighed by the pros and I know for a fact me and a TON of the community don't want to wait yet another year to have this same scenario play out in 2022.

I appreciate the hard work that's being put in here but I'm worried we're gonna stay caught in this RageMP feature creep - waiting for the next big RageMP update because the current version isn't perfect but forgetting it's a massive improvement over the current version we're currently using - we're never gonna have a flawless client and I think we all understand and respect that, the vast majority would be fine with 1.1 in it's current state.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 11
3 hours ago, Invictus said:

450 peeps want 1.1 the way it is. I think that should mean something.

Currently Rage are working on a lot of tech issues as to why 1.1 isn't launching for people. I had it recently, first was my logitech and corsair software bugging out, then it was a file leftover from lenny's mod loader. On a previous iteration of 1.1 none of these issues affected me, I had LSPDFR installed for a long time while playing on the test server and other 1.1 servers.

tl;dr 

I'm for pushing 1.1 to main now, but players will have to be aware that certain issues may prevent them from playing at all and be prepared to fix it.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Come on Nervous ya big beautiful bastard

536 people voted for yes/indifferent, 88 for no, think it's obvious what the general consensus is here. 

624 votes in total, 88 of them are no due to being unable to play. That's roughly 14% of your server, being unable to play. 

Have you seen Textile City filled with dumped vehicles in the middle of the road during the last testing? Because that 14% of players crashed while just driving around. I know everyone want 1.1 but we want everyone to play, not just the other 86% percent.

How would you feel if you were left out being unable to play when the general consensus was having fun in game?

7 hours ago, Exodus said:

624 votes in total, 88 of them are no due to being unable to play. That's roughly 14% of your server, being unable to play. 

How would you feel if you were left out being unable to play when the general consensus was having fun in game?

I WAS one of the players who were left out unable to play until I did my own troubleshooting and found a fix for the crashes I was having - turned out to be something as silly as keeping the RageMP window in main focus and not tabbing while it was booting up. 

Makes me feel a small portion of that 14% can't be bothered to troubleshoot and throw their hands up in defeat at the smallest sign of trouble, like they've never modded a game before.

7 hours ago, Exodus said:

Have you seen Textile City filled with dumped vehicles in the middle of the road during the last testing? Because that 14% of players crashed while just driving around.

I know people who crash while driving through Mission Row/Textile on 0.3.7, it just seems 1.1 makes whatever the issue is in Mission Row/Textile more apparent and a bigger issue for the minority  - maybe the massive clumps of high quality police vehicle mods all crammed in the same area could be the culprit? 

I'd be interested to see how 1.1 would perform for the 🌟14%🌟 around the area if Nervous was to remove all the police vehicle mods from the server for a singular test.

• Upvote 1