Rage 1.1 & Live test sessions

If 1.1 was deployed today with few more fixes (furnitures, guns equipping, stutters)...  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, StoneFire said:

It stems from a giant thread quite a while back on the topic of IRL brands vs Lore brands, and in that thread Nervous ultimately said IRL car brands will never be a thing on GTAW, but he didn't turn down the use of IRL brands outside of vehicles, BUT when the 1.1 official clothing mod thread came up IRL brands was quickly dismissed as possible to be supported, ighoul was brought on board and it was mentioned his awesome work would be available but without all the IRL branding.

I would put that down to Copyright issues more so than not acknowledging these things on an in character level.

From a purely personal point of view. 

I value stability. I'd prefer to stay on the current version until it's clear as daylight that switching over to 1.1 fixes all current gripes with the current version. #1 on that list is sync issues.

Tires constantly spinning even past the point of running on rims when stationary. 

Vehicle damage being inconsistent, making judgement calls regards to accident re-construction next to impossible.

Sirens not being synced. Only the wail is heard. Might not seem like a big deal. But anyone who's worked as police, fire & medical knows yelp has a purpose, as does the phaser, as does the airhorn. 

Those were/are my personal biggest issues. I don't even know if 1.1 will "fix" these. I tend to steer away from 1.1 to prevent getting overhyped.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:48 AM, Bingoliath said:

the extent of these mods is nike fanny packs and gun sound mods, both don't play any kind of role in game

You simply don't know the mods you're talking about. In the White-Criminal and MC world these modpacks are used to add in tattoos and kutte models, both of which are an important piece of both areas roleplay. Even the packs that add in sports clothing, again, are heavily important for gang roleplayers, as you have been told before, certain groups tend to associate with certain teams and so on and so forth. Mods make it so that criminal Rpers don't have to have absurd descriptions describing every tattoo they show, or /me every time that they're wearing a Bulls jersey. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Ted said:

In the White-Criminal and MC world these modpacks are used to add in tattoos and kutte models, both of which are an important piece of both areas roleplay.

I do hope that 1.1 will make the way for those tattoos to be officially supported so they are actually visible to those outside their piers.

20 hours ago, Dawn said:

Honestly, I'm not sure where this argument comes from. There's an argument between whether or not we portray Los Angeles or a fictional state, but we're most certainly roleplaying America.

I see were people are coming from in terms of not wanting to miss out on their client side modifications, and hopefully somebody figures out how to work around the new way in which RageMP handles client side modding because of that. From the testing I would say there is still some time left between now and the server being ready to switch over to 1.1 so there's always a possibility that someone will come up with a way to make it work by then. That being said, we can't stay on 0.3.7 forever and would like to see the fixes that 1.1 brings added to the server as soon as it is stable to do so.

Why not merge IRL brands with GTA brands?

43 minutes ago, StoneFire said:

I do hope that 1.1 will make the way for those tattoos to be officially supported so they are actually visible to those outside their piers.

Wouldn't surprise me if they allowed faction leaders to put forward mods for their own faction - biker cuts, tattoos, patched jackets, etc.

Maybe some sort of application on the UCP that allows leaders to attach their mods with a quick write-up explaining why they feel their mods are needed? Lot of potential here. 

26 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they allowed faction leaders to put forward mods for their own faction - biker cuts, tattoos, patched jackets, etc.

Maybe some sort of application on the UCP that allows leaders to attach their mods with a quick write-up explaining why they feel their mods are needed? Lot of potential here. 

I really do hope something like that is in the works or is gonna come because it will make the experience for everyone better. 

Edited by StoneFire
  • Upvote 1